Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide: Greatest Sitcom Character (US & Canada)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Yester

Alex for his strong political views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Alex was charming and it's MJF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Michael J has to get the nod. A very likeable sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

finnerty has gone far enough, i always thought that show was my own guilty little pleasure, but no this thread has opened my eyes.

Alex,

Michael J Fox a hell of a guy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Alex, cause its Michael J,
    Awesome guy

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Sean! Grounded for life was my era

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Alex P. Keaton is the victor here beating Sean Finnerty by 6-2. Re-watched all of Family Ties myself there a few years ago, so delighted to see Alex doing so well here

Match 3

Both The Office and Frasier were met with some unjust criticism in the previous round, but where will the votes fall as Jim takes on Daphne...

Jim Halpert (The Office)
    KiTd3KGl.png

vs

Daphne Moon (Frasier)
    2k7JGHKl.jpg

Remember to give a Reason for your vote. Reasons may be taken in to consideration in the event of a tie-break.
    First to 7 votes wins or most votes after 45 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Daphne Moon, powerful lady

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Jim Halpert for reasons previously stated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Jim for the moments the PB&J relationship hit you in the feels

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ahhhhh!!!! :(

Daphne for being marginally better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Necro wrote: »
    Jim Halpert for reasons previously stated.

Well state at least one of them again, or it may not bode well for you if this comes down to the wire and I'm forced to make a decision... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Daphne.
    The episode where Niles thought Frasier had got her pregnant is enough reason to put her through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jim for his camera looks

If it comes down to me breaking a tie and I'm not leaning too far one way or the other, I'm going to start taking people's reasons in to account... some of them are fairly thin and we're getting into the business end of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Jim because of the way he messed with Dwight

Daphne because she isn't in The Office.

I keep missing these match-ups and even when I see them I still miss out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well state at least one of them again, or it may not bode well for you if this comes down to the wire and I'm forced to make a decision...

Ok.

Because Frasier is tremendously over rated.

And the Office is a much better show, and Jim is a far more funny and multi faceted character than Daphne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Jim, to save ASLVB having to make the obvious call.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Ok.

Because Frasier is tremendously over rated.

And the Office is a much better show, and Jim is a far more funny and multi faceted character than Daphne.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Was Julian out of Trailer Park Boys in this? That's who I would have voted for, workshy violent criminal who is surgically attached to his glass of rum and coke, but still funny as fuk. Not that violent, but comparatively, and that is a funny show.

I keep missing these match-ups and even when I see them I still miss out.

What do you mean? It's first to 7 votes.

If it comes down to me breaking a tie and I'm not leaning too far one way or the other, I'm going to start taking people's reasons in to account... some of them are fairly thin and we're getting into the business end of things...

I won't be gutted if it's Jim. But watch that clip above before deciding if it comes down to a tie.

Was Julian out of Trailer Park Boys in this? That's who I would have voted for, workshy violent criminal who is surgically attached to his glass of rum and coke, but still funny as fuk. Not that violent, but comparatively, and that is a funny show.

Ricky and Bubbles were in it for Trailer Park Boys, but both have since been eliminated, unfortunately.

Julian didn't make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Daphne Moon. She has great chemistry with all the leads

Daphne, a good character in her own right but also fantastic when paired with Niles.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I won't be gutted if it's Jim. But watch that clip above before deciding if it comes down to a tie.

I've seen every episode of both shows multiple times although I'm not yet decided on Jim or Daphne if it comes to that. Just felt the reasons were getting a bit too relaxed, and some tough battles are coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Yester

Daphne because I had enough of looking at Jim by the end.

Advertisement