Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide: Greatest Sitcom Character (US & Canada)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I've never seen Mash because I'm not a fossil like the rest of the people in this thread, Eleanor gets my vote

Listen old man, some of us are familiar with things called On Demand Services and DVD's and don't just base our knowledge of great comedies on what used to air live on the telly box...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I've never seen Mash because I'm not a fossil like the rest of the people in this thread, Eleanor gets my vote

th?id=OIP.rV3crMtYDctdrj-QcwPJlAAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Some older shows you have to watch ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Listen old man, some of us are familiar with things called On Demand Services and DVD's and don't just base our knowledge of great comedies on what used to air live on the telly box...

giphy.gif

What the hell is a DVD ? You mean you had to wait a full week to see an episode?

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b2cb1b9531e428824df5c3f867a291e5cc3ff86f6&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce beats Eleanor Shellstrop with a 5-4 result at the final bell, and progresses to Round 4

giphy.gif

As already mentioned that's a wrap for the night. More to come tomorrow, starting off about 11.30 in the am!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Score one for the fossils :cool:

• Advertisement

What the hell is a DVD ?

giphy.gif

Score one for the fossils :cool:

What constitutes a fossil? Like how long is a piece of string though?

PistolPenny is out here calling people fossils, but it's all relative. If he's 12 (which is quite likely), sure at 33 I'm probably a fossil, but if he's actually 42 then it's a rubber glue situation surely...

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I do enjoy the banter of these threads :D

Enjoy your hibernation old geezer Burton ;)

Necro wrote: »

giphy.gif

You're the same age as I am! :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Yup, this is the best thing on boards atm :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

4 more matches for Round 3, and then 8 for Round 4 which we should almost definitely get through tomorrow, and perhaps even a Quarter Final or two. The remainder of the Quarters, Semis, and the Final still scheduled for Friday

Cartoon Wars 2 will be ready to go this weekend so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Wake up LeVar!

source.gif

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bf8515ce0f3237beb43316790ff1cb14a60c4566f&rid=giphy.gif

God the touch site is a pain in the hole this morning.

Switching to the unsupported app as it never seems to let me down.

Trigger wrote: »
    Wake up LeVar!

source.gif

I'm awake, been awake for some time now. I said 11.30 for the first one today, and its gonna be 11.30 so cool your jets...

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bf8515ce0f3237beb43316790ff1cb14a60c4566f&rid=giphy.gif

One more impatient gif from anybody and I'll push it back to 12...

How you like me now, b*tches!!! ;)

I'm awake, been awake for some time now. I said 11.30 for the first one today, and its gonna be 11.30 so cool your jets...

ImpossibleMistyGiantschnauzer-size_restricted.gif
    One more impatient gif from anybody and I'll push it back to 12...

How you like me now, b*tches!!! ;)

pick-me-gif-9.gif

The power has gone to my head!!! Mwuhahahahahahaha!!!

Hey all you cool cats and kittens, ready for the second to last day here at the boards equivalent of Wimbledon?

Match 13

A fun showdown to start the day...

Lucille Bluth (Arrested Development)
    Dnc4Hwbl.jpg

vs

Barney Stinson (How I Met Your Mother)
    WoHN4FUl.png

Remember to give a Reason for your vote. Reasons may be taken in to consideration in the event of a tie-break.
    First to 7 votes wins or most votes after 45 minutes

I love Barney, hes the best character in HIMYM, but Lucille is on a different planet, one of my favourite female characters of all time..

Necro would probably bang her too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Lucille. Better show. Better character.

Barney had his moments. But Lucille was funnier.

Lucille was consistently funny even when the show tailed off to be awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Yester

Barney for that moment when he was on the laptop and it showed up as if it were Doogie Howsers diary.

Barney because he is legendary.

And Lucille is not even remotely bangable.

Is anyone else using Google Chrome on a Laptop or PC to view boards this morning, and having issues with it?

Everything else is working grand on Chrome, but boards is acting up, to the point I have actually had to turn to the dark side and use Edge just to post the matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Lucille, more funnies.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yes, there are Gremlins on Boards this morning.

Is anyone else using Google Chrome on a Laptop or PC to view boards this morning, and having issues with it?

Everything else is working grand on Chrome, but boards is acting up, to the point I have actually had to turn to the dark side and use Edge just to post the matches.

Boards for me is bollocksed

Tried App, touch site and switched to full site and it's taking 5 mins to load anything

Touch site is working grand for me on my phone (using Chrome) and full site is working perfectly on Edge on the laptop, which I can't believe I'm actually recommending. Can't stand Edge normally, but if you're trying to navigate boards at the moment and you have it at your disposal, give it a whirl.

Did take me a few minutes to remember my login though... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

And Lucille is not even remotely bangable.
    Totes would

she gets my vote because she is just perfect for the role, keeps it going in archer too, what a dame

Advertisement