Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get a white (not yellow) bulb/lamp?

Options
  • 23-04-2020 6:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've been trying to look for a white bulb but when I purchased it at the store, it was yellow.

I'm trying to find a light bulb that is the same color as the overhead lights you see in Tesco and other stores.

Where can I find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Ask in an electrical wholesalers. The problem you will have is the type of fitting you have as it will limit the type of lamp

• Registered Users Posts: 33,685 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That colour is sometimes called 'cool white' as opposed to 'warm white'.

Cool have a more sterile colour about them.

You should be able to lick them up anywhere you buy bulbs normally, unless its a vert rare or specific type.

https://blog.lightbulbs-direct.com/colour-temperature/

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Muas Tenek

What you are probably looking for is a daylight bulb, these are often used by artists when painting for colour checking.
    Light output of bulbs is measured in Kelvins or K.
    Daylight is 5000k but if you go higher say 6000k or above you will get a bluer (icier) white.

Can be found on amazon - search 5000k bulb.

100 watts (or equivalent) or above would suit a standard room for daylight levels.

Advertisement