Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA not delivering

Options
  • 23-04-2020 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Heyo people,

I have been trying three different EIR codes and was totally unsuccessful to skip the shopping cart stage.

Was anyone able to order things from IKEA?

IS there a minimal amount that I did not see on their page?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rotweiler wrote: »
    Heyo people,

I have been trying three different EIR codes and was totally unsuccessful to skip the shopping cart stage.

Was anyone able to order things from IKEA?

IS there a minimal amount that I did not see on their page?
    They are not delivering items over 25kg. Could that be your issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Rotweiler

One table top
    4 legs
    I am pretty sure it is no more than 12 KG

Just confirmed. It is 11 KG to be exact.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

And its definitely in stock?

Got an order from WEEKS ago scheduled for delivery tomorrow, so they're quite backlogged.

Yes it is in stock as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think the checkout is a bit glitchy, took me a few goes before it would work yesterday but have a secduled delivery for next Wednesday now..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 clemop

I ordered a garden table and chairs a few weeks back. It took forever because, even though they were listed as in stock, it was giving a vague error when I tried to checkout - couldn't complete or something. It was only when I added other items, which happened to be in stock, that it gave me a message highlighting what was out of stock.
    Delivery date is also weeks away.

Changed the legs and it was possible.
    But it gives me date as mid June lol

I think I will skip and buy elsewhere

My massively delayed IKEA order was a day late again, however its arrived

They threw some free food in with it - probably clearing the Swedish Food Market of stuff, but nice gesture. Biscuits and almond cakes.

How long ago you have ordered?

• Advertisement

Easily a month ago - I didn't pay so didn't get the email and can't check exactly.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If it's 11kg but needs 2 people to lift it (ie because of size/shape) they won't deliver it because they're not doing 2 person deliveries anymore. I ordered an office chair for my parents 2 weeks ago and the earliest I could get a delivery slot was 27th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JamTeber

I ordered 4 items total €199.. delivery late & not as scheduled.. now they have removed 3 of the items (bookcases).. fair enough if it more than 25kg and cant be handled by one person. But they have rescheduled one item worth €25 and will charge me €49 delivery for doing so. Didn't mind paying €49 if everything was being delivered. Does anyone know how I can cancel the order for a full refund? No phone number provided, no-reply e-mail address & bot in place on their website chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

No, they're a disaster.

I ordered office furniture and some other stuff in mid-March on the expectation I might end up working from home for a while. Was an 8-day delivery time at that point.

A few days later the first phase of the lockdown came in, thought they'd cancel the order, but they insisted they were still delivering everything. Continued to do so throughout the 8 days, confirmed delivery the night before. Then on the day they announced they were suspending two person deliveries and to await further contact while they sorted something out. By that stage a lot of other places were sold out of stuff because a lot more people were working from home, and the next day the lockdown came in.

Over the next few days between texts, website order status, and emails, they alternately told me:
    - my delivery was suspended
    - my order was cancelled
    - my delivery was in progress
    - they were processing a refund
    - I had missed a delivery and would have to pay for a rescheduled one
    - my delivery was suspended (email, days after it appeared to have actually been cancelled)

Two weeks later they texted me to tell me to ring them to sort out my refund, which had already gone back on my card a few days earlier.
    They're a shambles.

If anyone's stuck for office stuff, I luckily got a chair off Viking Direct (delivered next day) and a desk off Aline office furniture (ordered on a Sunday afternoon, delivered Monday lunchtime). Think the delivery charges were 6 and 10 quid respectively, as opposed to IKEA's 50 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JamTeber

How did you ring them - do you happen to have a number?

Advertisement