Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hit a dog

• 24-04-2020 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Was driving along thought I hit a dog lead cause I looked back in the mirror saw a dog walking but with a lead dragging behind it owner was there so I only slowed down and as I assumed I didn't hit a dog I kept driving only then to notice after going a little bit that two people ran after me I stopped and said everything ok they said I hit the dog I said sorry and didn't realise it and threatened me with vets bill and taking car reg and I drove off now I'm worried I could be in trouble, this was in ireland in a town and I was driving under the speed limit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Don't cross post.

BTW this is a legal issue. You damaged someone's property and left the scene of an accident.. You could be in a lot of trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

antix80 wrote: »
    Don't cross post.

BTW this is a legal issue. You damaged someone's property and left the scene of an accident.. You could be in a lot of trouble.

He is in no trouble whatsoever, it's actually the other way around. As a dog owner you are responsible for your dog and hence you have to keep your dog under control. No matter whatever way it's twisted or turned at the end of the day the owners of the dog haven't got a leg to stand on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

You only hit the dog (allegedly) because it was on the road and not under the control of its owner. They will be paying for any damage to your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

was the dog ok ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

antix80 wrote: »
    Don't cross post.

No, the dog possibly damaged the car.

OP, afaik you are supposed to report the incident to the Gardaí - so they can investigate and possibly prosecute the dog owner.

I see there is a thread in Legal Discussion on this, so probably best to continue the discussion there.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Thread closed as there's already a thread ongoing in the Legal Discussion forum.
    Thanks.
    DBB

Link to thread in Legal Discussion https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113254112

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement