Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get paint

Options
  • 24-04-2020 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could get paint at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

Anyone know where I could get paint at the moment?

Pat McDonnell near the mercy. Think they are delivering as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Apparently they have a fierce backlog some guy at work got some in carrigaline somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

ofcork wrote: »
    Apparently they have a fierce backlog some guy at work got some in carrigaline somewhere.
    They are fairly busy alright but they will ring back to take your order.
    My folks were waiting just over a week as they are not open on weekends and made their order over the phone,no idea how long delivery will be.

My mam rang Pat McDonnell on Wednesday morning, they rang back before lunch and delivered yesterday morning. I say it depends what they have in stock and whether you need to mix paint. We got off the shelf popular paint. Delighted with their service. When everything returns to normal they should be rewarded with loyalty. Prices were were normal and not any bit inflated and delivery was free

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My mum rang them last Friday and they still haven't returned her call. Everyone else seems to be hearing back from them to take an order at least - not sure why we haven't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

leahyl wrote: »
    My mum rang them last Friday and they still haven't returned her call. Everyone else seems to be hearing back from them to take an order at least - not sure why we haven't.

I rang on monday , no return call either.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭romaderwdcsax

I rang on monday , no return call either.

I rang 10 days ago and still waiting on a call back, got a text on Monday acknowledging my call, but saying it will be another while before they will be onto me. All we can do is wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Thanks All - I'll give them a try. I'd say if the DIY shops were allowed open they'd do a roaring trade!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

What would happen if you painted satinwood( for interior metals and woods) on a exterior masonry wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I called Pat McD Tues week last,no call back. Got paint in meantime elsewhere.

• Advertisement

I rang 10 days ago and still waiting on a call back, got a text on Monday acknowledging my call, but saying it will be another while before they will be onto me. All we can do is wait
    My folks got a call about two days after the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

TheDriver wrote: »
    I called Pat McD Tues week last,no call back. Got paint in meantime elsewhere.

Can you tell us where please?

Heard pat McDonnell had 3000 orders!

Keplar240B wrote: »
    What would happen if you painted satinwood( for interior metals and woods) on a exterior masonry wall?

Wouldn’t last too long, all interior paints would starting breaking down fairly soon if used outside.
    Just check the can of paint, as you can’t get waterbased exterior satinwood these days. Would clearly state on the front of the van of paint if it was for external use.

Keplar240B wrote: »

Wouldn’t last too long, all interior paints would starting breaking down fairly soon if used outside.
    Just check the can of paint, as you can’t get waterbased exterior satinwood these days. Would clearly state on the front of the van of paint if it was for external use.

Apparently hickeys are open in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Dulux weathershield exterior satinwood is water based, widely available.

My folks got their paint today from PMD,delivery guy said there is a backlog of 14.5K.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭cudsy1

Gamb!t wrote: »
    My folks got their paint today from PMD,delivery guy said there is a backlog of 14.5K.

How long of a backlog? Wiodies etc will be back.open in 2 weeks right? Do hickeys maylor st have any paint, i assume.not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Never did get a call back from PMD..

• Advertisement

T&A seem to be open in blackpool gates closed but I assume you have to ring beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭cudsy1

woodies etc due to open on monday next, 18th. will paint supplies be scant? all the people complaining of not receiving online orders etc over the last couple of months...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Pat McDonnells got back to us finally last week - we had actually sourced paint from a neighbour in the end but still needed other bits, so they delivered those yesterday - good service when we eventually got it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Anyone know where I could get paint at the moment?[/quoteno

Advertisement