Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Dealz Open now?

Options
  • 24-04-2020 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Is Dealz or any pound shops open today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Mr Price is still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Deals is open

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dealz sells more than enough food, cleaning products and toiletries to meet the requirements to stay open - so they are.

They made quite a coherent argument about this in the UK stating that some lower income households are effectively unable to afford to shop elsewhere for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭motionwaves

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Just watched people queueing for Dealz in Drogheda yesterday.
    Saw several families of 4 and 5 going in together with kids in tow.
    People coming out with absolute crap that's not essential .
    Saw others coming out with one item that they could have got at any supermarket .
    With this type of carry-on it's going to be a long time before restrictions are lifted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Saw others coming out with one item that they could have got at any supermarket .
    With this type of carry-on it's going to be a long time before restrictions are lifted.

But we deserve to do what we want, when we want. We know better than Tony Holohan. He might have a medical degree and years experience working in public health but we have read stuff on Facebook & Twitter. Also this is all a FFFG conspiracy. They're not my government.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The rules do not in any way require you to use supermarkets, other stores selling essentials are entirely allowed to operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

There was a staff member at the door controlling a "one in - one out" system but was allowing a "one out - entire family in" system.

I wouldn't call a water fountain and 2 garden knomes as essential either .
    Another lady came out with just a giant box box of marshmallows.

Honestly , people like this have no regard for public health .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

If you drop in for something and pickup an extra item or two, thats no harm. we dont want a situation where someone decides chocalate bars are not essential, or some other frippery. One persons opinion shouldnt be foisted on us all.

Getting worried about what is in someones trolley is unhealthy. Be kind & give people the benefit of the doubt, for your own mental health & better society!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,785 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They are open but they need to stop families using the place as a day out. Always a q outside now, basically unshoppable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭eastie17

This is a thing, daily visit to the shops to get out and about, and theres no way to control it besides people having decency and common sense. I havent left my house in 3 weeks but am very lucky to live in the country and have lots of space available to me, the wife is working one week on one week off and she does the shopping once a a week as she is already out and about.
    Every time you go to a shop you are exponentially increasing the risk to yourself and those around you. Limit risk by only going when you need to which I cant see being more than once a week realistically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

That item you deemed non essential could of been in tandem with a pregnancy test or many other things that would fit into a pocket or bag.

They sell some deep heat stuff and medicinal stuff that’s good value.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0423/1134372-baby-boom-dealz/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

There was a staff member at the door controlling a "one in - one out" system but was allowing a "one out - entire family in" system.

I wouldn't call a water fountain and 2 garden knomes as essential either .
    Another lady came out with just a giant box box of marshmallows.

Honestly , people like this have no regard for public health .

Why can't ridiculous "look what you did" posts like this just be automatically deleted.

You wouldn't get this type of stupidity in a school play area.

Was this poster inspecting the goods of all those people and why did they think that they should be a self appointed goods inspector

Advertisement