Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage moped logbook replacement?

Options
  • 24-04-2020 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    My youngest lad is restoring a 49cc 1956 Mobylette AV51 moped. Pedal and go type.
    The thing was literally taken out of a skip from a derelict house a friend of mine bought.
    Obviously no registration documents.

Anyone any idea if its possible to get a logbook for it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does he know if it has a reg number

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dubal2008

pictures please.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

It's doable.

Essentially, you take possession of the bike, get an affidavit form from the vehicle registration office (it may be a standard, downloadable form but I think this may have to be tailored for your application) - this is your declaration of the particulars of the bike and the details of your possession of the bike, you fill in the form and bring it to either a solicitor or peace commissioner and you send it in with whatever evidence you wish to present. You must also bring the bike to a *dealer for them to verify the vehicle particulars.

I was told by someone one the scrap/ used car trade that it had to be a main dealer but good luck finding a Mobylette dealer. I think this rule is worth addressing in your application by bringing it to a higher profile main dealer of some major marque and having them state that Mobylette are defunct.

I was also advised to declare the "seller is 'non-contactable'" and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭jamesbil

No reg number, just engine number.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Motobecane went bust in the 80's and Yamaha bought them and renamed them MBK so they are still technically around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement