Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere online to get 3 core cable?

Options
  • 24-04-2020 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi, I want to add a second spotlight to a room and need a small quantity of 3 core 1.5mm cable. Anywhere selling small amounts online? I can get t&e on Amazon but I don't want to break the regs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,164 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I've bought a couple of things off electricalworld.com in the last few weeks. I found it relatively reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/nexans-3183p-black-3-core-1-5mm-flexible-cable-10m-coil/7451t

Might need to make up an order to a minimum value and be within their delivery radius though.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

basill wrote: »
    https://www.screwfix.ie/p/nexans-3183p-black-3-core-1-5mm-flexible-cable-10m-coil/7451t

Might need to make up an order to a minimum value and be within their delivery radius though.

I'm near swords actually. That could work. I thought flex is a no-no for wiring something like a light? I actually have some 2.5mm flex there but would probably not fit the fixture

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

How would T+E be breaking the regs?
    I've some T+E here you're more than welcome to, how much do you need? Just pay postage and its yours.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    How would T+E be breaking the regs?
    I've some T+E here you're more than welcome to, how much do you need? Just pay postage and its yours.

I thought it has to be 3x1.5mm cores and the earth needs to be sleeved throughout the cable. I've seen a link on here a few times.

Cheers for the offer, screwfix got me. Easy to fill a basket on that site :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Hintel

I presume he was looking at the UK t+e on Amazon which is different to ours

Screwfix Ireland shows the Irish t+e

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mycro2013

Hintel wrote: »

Demense electrical is a online electrical trade store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

stiofan85 wrote: »
    I thought it has to be 3x1.5mm cores and the earth needs to be sleeved throughout the cable. I've seen a link on here a few times.

Cheers for the offer, screwfix got me. Easy to fill a basket on that site :)

Ah, that it does. I actually have the new stuff here as I only did my place last year. If you're stuck let me know, it's no hassle!

Hintel wrote: »

Is the "trade" name for this type of wire still "T&E"?
    I had assumed 3 core was the right term. But yeah you're right, UK Amazon site has the 2x1.5 and a smaller Earth without a sleeve/sheath.

Screwfix got me. A couple more lights going in now.

Thanks for the help and offer @Lefty

Advertisement