Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing HKC RF-CSW Sensor

Options
  • 24-04-2020 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Recently my patio door alarm has started to false trigger. It does appear that it has become oversensitive and if i monitor "inputs" in the app I can see that even just testing the handle on locked door is enough to set it off, even leaving it reporting the "open" state long term.

Is this a common type of failure of the sensor ?
    From looking at the app can I tell if it a "vibration" or a "open contact" activation ?
    Can it be adjusted to make it less sensitive ?

Failing that if I get an new sensor is it easy to reconfigure the panel. I have the engineer code and am comfortable changing configurations etc.

Anyone recommend where to buy a replacement sensor online ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

WattsUp wrote: »
    Recently my patio door alarm has started to false trigger. It does appear that it has become oversensitive and if i monitor "inputs" in the app I can see that even just testing the handle on locked door is enough to set it off, even leaving it reporting the "open" state long term.

From looking at the app can I tell if it a "vibration" or a "open contact" activation ?

Failing that if I get an new sensor is it easy to reconfigure the panel. I have the engineer code and am comfortable changing configurations etc.

Thanks

Change the gross and pulse.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭WattsUp

Thanks. This was caused by faulty shock sensor. It got into to a state where the sensor stuck open for a while so easy enough to diagnose in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

WattsUp wrote: »

Thanks

If you can open the sensor then look and see if the sensor head has moved.
    There should be an arrow on the barrel pointing up.

If the sensor head is faulty you can replace this meaning you wont need to change the actual sensor. As a quick get around you can link out the terminal that this is wired into until you can get a sensor head to replace it.
    It will stop the shock side of the sensor but the open/close on the reed will still work.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭WattsUp

altor wrote: »
    If you can open the sensor then look and see if the sensor head has moved.
    There should be an arrow on the barrel pointing up.

If the sensor head is faulty you can replace this meaning you wont need to change the actual sensor. As a quick get around you can link out the terminal that this is wired into until you can get a sensor head to replace it.
    It will stop the shock side of the sensor but the open/close on the reed will still work.

Thank you. Very good advice and I had got same advice from another expert on this forum.

Advertisement