Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home taps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭Invincible

shmeee wrote: »
    Anyone help with what PSI to set Smithwicks at? As a starting point.

Running it with BOC Suremix 25% CO2 75% N2.

Various different PSI levels quoted online.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

Is 75/25 mix ok for guinness? It's the only one in the stargas website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Yup. It’s the ideal mix.

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Yup. It’s the ideal mix.

Ok cheers! Last quest 5L or 10L, how long do they last keg wise?

I would get the 10L out of convenience unless you are caught for space. You’d get 5-6kegs I think from it. I have lost count as I have been jumping between 30L and 50L kegs.

• Advertisement

Ok cheers! Last quest 5L or 10L, how long do they last keg wise?

You should get 10-12 50L from 10L bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Have a Kegland series x kegorator on order with a stout tap and U coupler, but as everybody is saying 50l kegs of guinness are as rare as rocking-horse s**t, anybody experience with White Deer or Brennans? and if so how do they compare to guinness?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

guinness is back in stock everywhere now from what i've seen if thats what your after.
    220 plus empty keg in D&M

site_owner wrote: »
    guinness is back in stock everywhere now from what i've seen if thats what your after.
    220 plus empty keg in D&M
    I rang Musgraves earlier, they have kegs but are only selling to licensed premises at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭shmeee

kingaaa wrote: »
    Have a Kegland series x kegorator on order with a stout tap and U coupler, but as everybody is saying 50l kegs of guinness are as rare as rocking-horse s**t, anybody experience with White Deer or Brennans? and if so how do they compare to guinness?

Majority of Carry Out's around have stock of Kegs again now. Ring up a few and see. Most have Guinness for €220. Market is flooded with them again to be honest. Publicans will be getting deliveries not in about 2 weeks also.

*If based around Tipp/Limerick. Keller's Carry Out in Nenagh have stock.

• Advertisement

Majority of Carry Out's around have stock of Kegs again now. Ring up a few and see. Most have Guinness for €220. Market is flooded with them again to be honest. Publicans will be getting deliveries not in about 2 weeks also.

I'm in Dublin...have a mate who is a chef and has a Musgraves account, probably have to wait until they are selling to all account holders

Shush that’s where I get my kegs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,972 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

My local sells 9 White Deer stout and no Guinness.
    Most Guinness drinkers after a little hesitation seem very happy with it.
    To be honest, I haven't seen another stout to appear to be as acceptable to Guinness drinkers as this.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

To be honest, I haven't seen another stout to appear to be as acceptable to Guinness drinkers as this.
    That's interesting! I doubt it would fly in Dublin, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,678 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That'd be an impossible history thing to find out - before the Porterhouse, what was the last pub in Dublin to not sell Guinness but sell another stout. I'd guess it'd be whatever the last of Beamish's small tied estate to be sold off was; if even.

My unverifiable guess is that the last pub not serving Guinness told customers it was Guinness :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

My local sells 9 White Deer stout and no Guinness.
    Most Guinness drinkers after a little hesitation seem very happy with it.

Yes, it lovely. Got through 60 litres so far.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

what's the best gas supplier? I see star gas mentioned a lot....any Dublin alternatives with a pick-up point?

BOC are regarded as the best but there is a rental element that Star Gas do not have.

think the like of Brewcrew might do Gas too, but i am not in Dublin, so not sure

Boscoirl wrote: »
    BOC are regarded as the best but there is a rental element that Star Gas do not have.

think the like of Brewcrew might do Gas too, but i am not in Dublin, so not sure

was checking out the BOC site, plenty of product description but no buying options?

• Advertisement

Got the home set up and gas today, 75/25. Looking to get a keg but local off licence only have the 50l kegs, they said middle of June for the bb date is it worthwhile as in how long will the keg last before the guinness doesn't taste right?

how long will the keg last before the guinness doesn't taste right?
    Years, I'd say.

Got the home set up and gas today, 75/25. Looking to get a keg but local off licence only have the 50l kegs, they said middle of June for the bb date is it worthwhile as in how long will the keg last before the guinness doesn't taste right?

The keg I just finished was BB Nov l. Tapped it in the middle of March and was fine up to last week. Wasn’t great Thursday but I think that was mainly down to knowing I had a fresh keg ready to go.

1st pint from the set up last night, can't attach the picture. Pints were nicer when the cooler was only just starting once they got cold they weren't as creamy. Can that be adjusted handy enough as fella I bought it off said it's set to zero?

1st pint from the set up last night, can't attach the picture. Pints were nicer when the cooler was only just starting once they got cold they weren't as creamy. Can that be adjusted handy enough as fella I bought it off said it's set to zero?

I think the optimal temperature for guinness is 3-5 degrees, but I'm by no means an expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭champchamp

Only turn the cooler on for an hour or two before drinking, turn it off then.
    Should be grand then.

What type of cooler is it? Usually easy to change the temp

I think the optimal temperature for guinness is 3-5 degrees, but I'm by no means an expert.

"The Brewer recommends that draught Guinness should be served at 6°c while Extra cold Guinness should be served at 3.5°c."

It's a hydrocarbon cooler R290. Think they sell it on brewcrew I turned it on sat evening for 3hrs and pints got worse. Tried a few yesterday with it still off and they were still fairly cold. Running pressure at 38. Any other tips for a nice pint? Tap always fully open when filling? Seems very fast on mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭jt69er

champchamp wrote: »
    Only turn the cooler on for an hour or two before drinking, turn it off then.
    Should be grand then.

Don't do that. Coolers are designed to be left on at all times to enable the pump to circulate water around the coils at all times.

Advertisement