Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home taps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭jt69er

shmeee wrote:
    Any one experience an issue where you are pouring the pint of Guinness, and then just as coming up to the harp (3/4 full) to stop the flow and leave to sit, the faucet blasts out some Guinness foam and the pint is ruined.

shmeee wrote:
    It happened last night on first 2 pints but after that the next 4/5 poured the finest. But may happen again when go to pull some again during the week.

shmeee wrote:
    It's like that rattle it makes when keg is going empty or youv'e swapped to a new keg. A pure blast of white foamy Guinness. And pint is then a pint a half pint full of head.

shmeee wrote:
    Tried all the usual, checked lines, cleaned lines, retapped keg etc. Temp is ok. Only thing that has changed it the keg since 2 weeks ago when 2 kegs puled through no problem and were smashing.

Sounds as if the keg is taking in air at the t/h seal, or the spear going down into the keg is damaged. If this was being poured through a fob the float in the fob would drop and cut out the flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Hi guys finally bought a bar setup and picking it up next week. Newish twin line cooler with some 70/30 gas,new regulator and 4 different couplers and 1 tap which looks like one from a kegerator and just need the stand for the tap to fix onto it.anyone know in Ireland where one can be got.will mostly be using it for guiness so will need to get a new tap for that also.thanks.

Also anyone know where or if anyone here is selling a guinness tap or coors light at a reasonable price thanks

Also anyone know where or if anyone here is selling a guinness tap or coors light at a reasonable price thanks

If anyone is, it's not theirs to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭Invincible

jt69er wrote: »
    If anyone is, it's not theirs to sell.

Not true, there are taps on market that are bought independent of breweries with a creamer nozzle to suit stout.

• Advertisement

Op specifies Guinness or Coors Lite.

Anyone here had a bar built out their back. Thinking of getting one done soon. Got the Guinness and coors light tap and cooler and lines etc few days ago.

Anyone here had a bar built out their back. Thinking of getting one done soon. Got the Guinness and coors light tap and cooler and lines etc few days ago.

Check Irish Home Bars on FB, good few pictures and recommendations there.
    Did you buy cooler & taps new?
    Looking for set up.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/717603259003723/?ref=share

Invincible wrote: »
    Check Irish Home Bars on FB, good few pictures and recommendations there.
    Did you buy cooler & taps new?
    Looking for set up.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/717603259003723/?ref=share

Thanks. I got them all 2nd hand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

+1 here

+2 here!

• Advertisement

Woman in Clare has, 2 line cooler,attachments,lines & gas.
    No taps or keg included.

Any link or number by any chance?

maddness wrote: »
    Any link or number by any chance?

I'll see can I find her link on FB for you.

I'll see can I find her link on FB for you.

Thanks, I’m not on Facebook.

Thanks, I’m not on Facebook.

She is looking for 850 for it without taps and gas when I tried to buy and I had offered 700 but she wouldn't budge. Week later I found twin cooler with 3 couplers and a tap for 450 with gas. Now with pubs open they will be cheaper. Won a guinness tap with clamp at ebay auction for €65 last week so have everything I need and works perfectly.

She is looking for 850 for it without taps and gas when I tried to buy and I had offered 700 but she wouldn't budge. Week later I found twin cooler with 3 couplers and a tap for 450 with gas. Now with pubs open they will be cheaper. Won a guinness tap with clamp at ebay auction for €65 last week so have everything I need and works perfectly.

850 without taps and gas is far too high.
    I’m hoping to get everything sorted for about €500-€600. Am I dreaming?

850 without taps and gas is far too high.
    I’m hoping to get everything sorted for about €500-€600. Am I dreaming?

Not second hand.
    Have seen double cooler and twin Guinness/Heineken tap & regulator,couplers kit that was bought new for €900

Out of interest Alan, what condition age of a tap was it?
    See the newer harp shape taps are going for 200+

Out of interest Alan, what condition age of a tap was it?
    See the newer harp shape taps are going for 200+

Ya she had the harp Guinness one but that wasn't for sale.i got on ebay a guinness one that was hardly used and looks in great condition in pics.u will also see alot of Guinness extra cold taps on ebay for cheap also and can change the fish eye and handles no problem for little cost.

U get full setup now for 500/600 a good second hand

Not second hand.
    Have seen double cooler and twin Guinness/Heineken tap & regulator,couplers kit that was bought new for €900

Yeah I’m after a second had set up. There must be someone somewhere who will sell everything but the keg?

• Advertisement

Yeah I’m after a second had set up. There must be someone somewhere who will sell everything but the keg?

There will once the wives get peed off with it😂
    Now that pubs are back up and running u will see more showing up on donedeal etc. There is a great group on Facebook for help setting up ur own bar and great advice
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/730541097482897/?ref=share

There will once the wives get peed off with it��
    Now that pubs are back up and running u will see more showing up on donedeal etc. There is a great group on Facebook for help setting up ur own bar and great advice
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/730541097482897/?ref=share

Thanks but I’m not on Facebook, haven’t been in years and after watching Social Dilemma on Netflix I’m never going to again!

U get full setup now for 500/600 a good second hand

Cheers Alan but at risk of asking a stupid question, where?

Cheers Alan but at risk of asking a stupid question, where?

Check out donedeal just type in home bars or beer taps

https://www.donedeal.ie/collectibles-for-sale/beer-taps-system-home-bar/26007420

Ya she had the harp Guinness one but that wasn't for sale.i got on ebay a guinness one that was hardly used and looks in great condition in pics.u will also see alot of Guinness extra cold taps on ebay for cheap also and can change the fish eye and handles no problem for little cost.

You done well at that price, had a look there and see taps without housing or the extra cold without tap.
    Few weekends ago, woman from granard had cooler,2 taps,gas,couplers, regulator and cleaning equipment on donedeal for €400, but was sold when I rang following day.

You done well at that price, had a look there and see taps without housing or the extra cold without tap.
    Few weekends ago, woman from granard had cooler,2 taps,gas,couplers, regulator and cleaning equipment on donedeal for €400, but was sold when I rang following day.

Ya they do come up now and again that's how I got it. Just need to build a bar now. Been quoted over 1500 to build it but would like to try myself but afraid I'd mess it up. Plenty YouTube videos so undecided on what to do

Ya they do come up now and again that's how I got it. Just need to build a bar now. Been quoted over 1500 to build it but would like to try myself but afraid I'd mess it up. Plenty YouTube videos so undecided on what to do

There's another good page Irish home bars, this fella reckons he's not expensive for excellent work.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/717603259003723/permalink/812575232839858/

Look down through posts for Rob Sinead.

Nice delivery of this. Lights up and includes drip tray. Bargain from ebay.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

120195996_3802429456451002_4736956967375224887_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=LuGGsmUkpRIAX8mf0WF&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&tp=6&oh=6856821fae48470db6f2722acede9c11&oe=5F979164
    €600 Dublin if anyone is interested? Double cooler, regulater, tapping head, Guinness tap. Not a lot left in the gas but you’ll save money on refill instead of deposit on new bottle.

Someone selling that on homebrew Ireland FB, thought it was expensive myself.

https://www.nationalmobilebars.co.uk/beer-dispenser-shop/Lindr-20K-Draught-Dispenser-p75749636?gclid=CjwKCAjw8MD7BRArEiwAGZsrBaxCtwAmzMLzuKSZHoJIrsqtQYDdTcY7ws8ULyDbwE2HmPhDCADkPRoC6yMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Much better value.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »

As mentioned on a previous post I don’t have Facebook so unfortunately I’m not able to get on to see any posts like the above one for the used set up.
    I’d be interested in the one above thought if it was closer to 500 and not €600.
    The other dispenser one looks great but not for Guinness I assume.

Advertisement