Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken TV Delivered & No Solution - Argos

Options
  • 24-04-2020 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi Guys, hoping for a bit of advice here - having some serious issues with Argos at the moment so any help much appreciated.

I ordered a new TV from the Argos Ebay store a few weeks ago, had it delivered last Friday and opened to find it has a massive crack in the screen.

I sent them a message straight away and was told a collection would be organised for the Monday which I agreed to. After spending the whole day waiting for it to be collected I sent them another message to which I got a reply saying collections are now suspended and I will have to wait until this changes. No mention of a refund or any way of solving the issue. I have since followed up and gotten the same stock response and spent 2 hours on hold on the phone to them where I got through to two people who didn't seem to have a clue and said it was a different department that dealt with that.

I am now stuck with a broken TV taking up a load of space in a small apartment with no idea when it will be collected or refunded and getting zero help from Argos. Would anyone have any recommendations on how I could get this solved, is there any way of getting it escalated as everyone I speak to seems to just give a stock answer that is of no help? I have asked to speak to a supervisor/manager on a call and was told they can't pass our calls onto them.

Ideally I was looking for them to replace the broken TV they delivered as it was a great deal but I would just take them taking the broken one off my hands and refunding me.

It's not ideal to be stuck without a TV in lockdown (especially when I don't know how long this is going to go on for!) and don't exactly have the spare cash to buy another.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭hurikane

I’d give them a break and allow some time for them to get it sorted (given the current situation we find ourselves in)

Argos are known for being excellent at returns and refunds.

As a matter of interest, I didn’t realise you could get things delivered to ROI from the eBay store, did you use a UK forwarding address or can you now get delivery to ROI?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Appreciate the response - if I had spoken to one person so far who could give me a definitive solution or some sort of helpful information I would be pretty understanding given the current situation but every message back is just a blunt, unhelpful stock response and the same on the calls after spending 2 hours on hold - their solution was for me to ring back again and see if I got through to someone else who might be able to help me.

I am stuck with no TV and a broken one in a box taking up half my living room so some sort of clarity would really help.

I ordered it off the eBay Ireland store so not sure about delivery if it is the UK one you are referring to - sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Appreciate the response - if I had spoken to one person so far who could give me a definitive solution or some sort of helpful information I would be pretty understanding given the current situation but every message back is just a blunt, unhelpful stock response and the same on the calls after spending 2 hours on hold - their solution was for me to ring back again and see if I got through to someone else who might be able to help me.

I am stuck with no TV and a broken one in a box taking up half my living room so some sort of clarity would really help.

I ordered it off the eBay Ireland store so not sure about delivery if it is the UK one you are referring to - sorry!

I had issues in the past ref Argos products,but honestly as long as I had proof of payment etc,no issues,I'd email them proof of purchase etc as AFAIK you're item is insured via transportation,as the other person said I'd give them time to sort it, their customer care is good,best of luck,don't panic

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you paid through PayPal, open a dispute through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Because the item was bought on the eBay platform the process is always eBay dispute first and if for any reason that fails (very rare) then PayPal is a fall back for a dispute.
    Cool. Do you know if there's a timeframe that the OP must complain by? The seller may blame the current situation for not helping the OP, but if the OP leaves the complaint too late, the seller may go the repair/replace/refund route rather than the DOA route.

• Advertisement
Advertisement