Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which phone to go for (choice of 4)

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I ordered a Oneplus 8 on Wednesday night from EU Global, €579 all in. Just got a text from DHL a few moments ago saying it will be delivered on Monday.

Had a look at this.
    It's a CN Ver. with flashed OS, can it be easily set back to Oxygen?
    I'm assuming google store/movies etc don't work on the flashed version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

F1ngers wrote: »
    Had a look at this.

Its flashed with the Global ROM,It comes with Oxygen, so everything works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mossie

Indeed, theres some posters on the GOMO thread who have it. I ordered a Oneplus 8 on Wednesday night from EU Global, €579 all in. Just got a text from DHL a few moments ago saying it will be delivered on Monday.

865 Chipset, dual sim, Onyx black.

Didn't expect it until late may, can't wait now

Did this arrive with you OK? I'm looking at getting the 7T myself and just wondering about your experience of dealing with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

F1ngers wrote: »
    Had a look at this.
    Some deal,paid nearly e750 or 7 + HD 8 GB

Eglobal left me down and to get it for xmasyfor my kid I went local ( Galway) on adverts,he was able to source and deliver within 10 days of Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Its flashed with the Global ROM,It comes with Oxygen, so everything works.

Let us know how you get on once the phone is up and running. It is very tempting at that price .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Barr wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on once the phone is up and running. It is very tempting at that price .

Reading about eglobal on other threads, I think I'll give it a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

mossie wrote: »
    Did this arrive with you OK? I'm looking at getting the 7T myself and just wondering about your experience of dealing with them.

Sorry for the delay getting back, I missed these posts for some reason.

I got a delivery from EGlobal on Friday alright, just not the phone.
    The Girlfriend ordered a Kindle about seven weeks ago on my account, it was that which arrived.

EGlobal are slow,I've bought from them a few times before, it'll probably be mid-late June before I get it.

The phone will come flashed with the global ROM, so it works like any phone bought here. Theres a couple of feeds on reddit dealing with all this.

I'll update when I get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

Eglobal are slow and poor communicators but they do get there eventually...

Sorry for the delay getting back, I missed these posts for some reason.

I got a delivery from EGlobal on Friday alright, just not the phone.
    The Girlfriend ordered a Kindle about seven weeks ago on my account, it was that which arrived.

EGlobal are slow,I've bought from them a few times before, it'll probably be mid-late June before I get it.

The phone will come flashed with the global ROM, so it works like any phone bought here. Theres a couple of feeds on reddit dealing with all this.

I'll update when I get it.

I'm debating on whether or not to go for the OnePlus 7T from here. It's a great deal and it's out of stock on the oneplus website so I'm very tempted. If I can sell my oneplus 6 it'll be a great deal.

• Advertisement

I'm debating on whether or not to go for the OnePlus 7T from here. It's a great deal and it's out of stock on the oneplus website so I'm very tempted. If I can sell my oneplus 6 it'll be a great deal.

I can't fault the 7T. It does everything very well.

For the money its now going for, its a no-brainer if it fits your usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bauney

Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this question was already asked but I want to buy a one plus 7T phone e.g..
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/oneplus-7t-hd1900-8gb-256gb-dual-sim-glacier-blue-cn-ver-with-flashed-os-1.html
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/oneplus-7t-hd1900-8gb-256gb-dual-sim-with-screen-protector-and-folding-case-black-glacier-blue-cn-ver-with-flashed-os.html

Do the phone specs above ensures that the phone should work as normal and that i dont have any Software updates to do to make it usable e.g. Google Play Store

It does state that the phone is "This device is imported from the Chinese market " and is "CN Ver. with flashed OS"

There is a Q&A on one of the links
    Q : Does it come with the Google Play Store?
    A: Chinese variant smartphones do not come with Google Play Store preinstalled. Users will have to download the Google Play Store and Google Services separately.

bauney wrote: »
    Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this question was already asked but I want to buy a one plus 7T phone e.g..
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/oneplus-7t-hd1900-8gb-256gb-dual-sim-glacier-blue-cn-ver-with-flashed-os-1.html
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/oneplus-7t-hd1900-8gb-256gb-dual-sim-with-screen-protector-and-folding-case-black-glacier-blue-cn-ver-with-flashed-os.html

Do the phone specs above ensures that the phone should work as normal and that i dont have any Software updates to do to make it usable e.g. Google Play Store

It does state that the phone is "This device is imported from the Chinese market " and is "CN Ver. with flashed OS"

A: Chinese variant smartphones do not come with Google Play Store preinstalled. Users will have to download the Google Play Store and Google Services separately.

My understanding is is the Chinese version but has the international ROM flashed so should have all Google services installed. I'm not 100% sure though but I've just ordered so will know in a while

That is my expectation too but would rather not fork out that money until i know more. Please keep me/us informed.

That is my expectation too but would rather not fork out that money until i know more. Please keep me/us informed.

I will update as soon as I receive the phone.

I'm sure the 7T from EGlobal will be fine.

It could take a while and when you do get it, just download the region update directly from OnePlus.

• Advertisement

I'm sure the 7T from EGlobal will be fine.

It could take a while and when you do get it, just download the region update directly from OnePlus.

Would you mind expanding in what exactly needs to be done? I wouldn't be too confident in that area.

Would you mind expanding in what exactly needs to be done? I wouldn't be too confident in that area.

It's very easy. Just go to OnePlus community forum and look for the the latest software updates. Download the EU version, and install it. It's super easy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Caught between the OnePlus 7t and the mi note 10. OnePlus 7t comes in at €530 (uk site + parcel motel) whereas the mi note 10 is €425 (Amazon.it).

I had a OP1 and OP3 previously but wasn't overly impressed with the camera. It seems it's still not great on the OP7T so that has me leaning towards the mi note 10, unless the OP7T outperforms elsewhere enough to make up for the difference? Camera is fairly important for me.

I think the cameras are great on the 7T

But I ain't no camera geek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭914

Pixel 4 is down to €580 on the google store. Not sure if that is within budget but probably one of the best around for the camera

• Advertisement

914 wrote: »
    Pixel 4 is down to €580 on the google store. Not sure if that is within budget but probably one of the best around for the camera

the battery life is notoriously atrocious on the Pixel 4. Only the 4XL should be considered.

won't last the day for most people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

One Plus 7T is down to £469 on Amazon now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I see the S10 was mentioned in the very first post - I bought a 2nd hand S10 in pristine condition from 4Gadgets in the UK last week for £380 (€425).

It's a very nice upgrade from my S8 and almost identical in size and weight (perfect pocket size), great deal in my opinion.

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I see the S10 was mentioned in the very first post - I bought a 2nd hand S10 in pristine condition from 4Gadgets in the UK last week for £380 (€425).

It's a very nice upgrade from my S8 and almost identical in size and weight (perfect pocket size), great deal in my opinion.

I was looking at that actually but held off ordering it. What did the phone arrive with? I assume Pristine Condition has no scratches at all on the screen ?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I was looking at that actually but held off ordering it. What did the phone arrive with? I assume Pristine Condition has no scratches at all on the screen ?

Phone is in perfect condition, no scratches or blemishes at all. No original packaging or charger though, does come with a new charging cable. I splashed out on a new wireless charging pad anyhow from Amazon (the charging port on my S8 got worn out over time).

Phone is in perfect condition, no scratches or blemishes at all. No original packaging or charger though, does come with a new charging cable. I splashed out on a new wireless charging pad anyhow from Amazon (the charging port on my S8 got worn out over time).

That sounds good. Did delivery take long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

The onlplus 7t can be got on banggood UK for circa £410. They seem fairly reliable. It's the international model, I assume that would work here?

qwabercd wrote: »
    The onlplus 7t can be got on banggood UK for circa £410. They seem fairly reliable. It's the international model, I assume that would work here?

Would you not pay the extra £50 and buy it from Amazon? You'll have an English phone with the Irish charger and you'll have some comeback if something goes wrong?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That sounds good. Did delivery take long?

4-5 days using Parcelwizard (tracking number provided).

4-5 days using Parcelwizard (tracking number provided).

Not to bad. Thanks for that.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Received my 7T today, Chinese phone / packaging etc but international firmware so works out of the box.

Received my 7T today, Chinese phone / packaging etc but international firmware so works out of the box.

So it works the exact same as if you got it from the likes of Amazon.

What did you pay for it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I got a 7T from Amazon recently power button packed up after 2 days had a replacement phone within a week. Eglobal customer service is non existent.

Unusual enough to happen but worth considering paying a bit more for peace of mind

€489 delivered for the 256GB model which isn't available on the oneplus website or Amazon AFAIK.

€489 delivered for the 256GB model which isn't available on the oneplus website or Amazon AFAIK.

Fantastic value for a 256gb version.Hard to beat eglobal for price.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Edit: Posted in wrong thread

Advertisement