Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone step into PI, please?

Options
  • 24-04-2020 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All

The PI/RI mod team have been a bit absent over the past day or so, which is understandable given the circumstances, I expect a delay in reacting to reported post. However, there is absolute incel nonsense being posted in relation to a thread about a very sensitive subject at the moment. Can a CMod or Admin not step in?

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks for the heads up

Re-reg troll had invaded the thread - now banned and posts deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Hi Dial Hard,

Thanks for the heads up. However, did you PM any of the PI mods? Most of us were around yesterday, and I see that you reported the post at 19:29, but this help desk thread was posted at 19:33, which can hardly be said to have given the moderators a chance to respond.

If you feel that a post is so pressing that it needs to be acted on with urgency, a PM is probably the quickest way to get that information across.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Hi Mike

I'd reported a couple of posts over the past day or so with no action and hadn't seen any of the mods online. Which is fine, as I said, I understand everyone has other stuff on but that particular rubbish was so odious I felt it needed to be flagged, and there's not really any point PMing someone who's not online, in fairness.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Definitely PM. I get dozens of reported posts a day so, to save my inbox, they all go straight into a folder so I might not notice straight away. If you think something urgently needs CMod attention, please PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Hi Mike

I'd reported a couple of posts over the past day or so with no action and hadn't seen any of the mods online. Which is fine, as I said, I understand everyone has other stuff on but that particular rubbish was so odious I felt it needed to be flagged, and there's not really any point PMing someone who's not online, in fairness.

Just because a post hasn't been actioned, doesn't mean a reported post hasn't be seen and considered by the forum moderators. As Faith said, if it's something particularly egregious, feel free to drop the mods or Cmod a PM. Anything else, the mod team will get to, I assure you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

mike_ie wrote: »
    Just because a post hasn't been actioned, doesn't mean a reported post hasn't be seen and considered by the forum moderators.

I'm aware of that. As I said, it was more the fact that I hadn't seen any of the mod team online in a while. But hey, if a PM pings you a push notification if you're not logged in, then happy days, I'll do that in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement