Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fibre Installation - Cut Ducting

• 24-04-2020 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

So I bit the bullet and went for fibre. I got an site survey appointment pretty quickly. The technician told me that the ducting is cut, and he thinks it was done 'by the water guys'. Next step is to get a civil engineer out. He said nothing that has been done will cost me so far. He also mentioned that the location of the ducting in question borders private and public property, but he didn't make an issue out of it.

I've seen many issues around blocked ducting, but what about cut ducting? Anyone been through the same? Any ideas what happens next?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

Elysium1 wrote: »
    So I bit the bullet and went for fibre. I got an site survey appointment pretty quickly. The technician told me that the ducting is cut, and he thinks it was done 'by the water guys'. Next step is to get a civil engineer out. He said nothing that has been done will cost me so far. He also mentioned that the location of the ducting in question borders private and public property, but he didn't make an issue out of it.

I've seen many issues around blocked ducting, but what about cut ducting? Anyone been through the same? Any ideas what happens next?

If the duct is on your property you have to get it fiexed at your cost, if it is on the road eir will fix it but it might require them to get a work order premission from the council so could take a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

I just gave them a buzz there to find out what the next steps are.

They told me that the introductory letter, contract etc. was sent to the wrong email address. I get off the phone and get that finally. Next I find I'm on a completely different contract, I'm quoted a different price and it's double the length. I telephone them, the tell me to call someone else, he says they have to cancel the contract, cancel finishing the civil works, set up a new contract and he says are you sure you want to do that? I just cancelled. Total mess. None of that was my fault and I'm not getting into a contract with them.

Advertisement