Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velveteen Dream - Allegations and Response - Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So from that it seems he sent nudes to people who were underage?

And the pics are NSFW for anyone looking. Not that many are actually at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So from that it seems he sent nudes to people who were underage?

And the pics are NSFW for anyone looking. Not that many are actually at work.

Oh balls. Well IF this is true then he's done or at the very least not on TV for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seems Velveteen Dream is being talked about on the Twitter machine, for his sake hopefully it was someone that hacked his Instagram account and sent messages to people.

Reddit link, NSFW: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/g74d7w/velveteen_dream_hacked/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Seemingly there is audio now...

https://streamable.com/4zc035

"What school do you go to?"

Oh dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Feck.. That's him done so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

He seemed a likeable guy in the tough enough series but he's seems to after ****ing up big time now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Christ....should of known anyone that could come up with that gimmick had some questionable tastes for real.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ugh, thats heartbreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭bennyl10

That’s dream ****ed.

Ah well he was supremely talented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

J. Marston wrote: »
    Seemingly there is audio now...

https://streamable.com/4zc035

"What school do you go to?"

Oh dear.

With minors supposedly involved then police will have to get involved, so should get a definite answer whether he was actually hacked or he's just a scumbag.

As others have said if this is confirmed as him and there are minors involved then to quote a famous wrestling commentator "stick a fork in him, he's done."

• Advertisement

I thought at first to assume he thought he was sending the picture to someone older, but if asking about school as well then he knew.

I know I shouldn't make light, but when I saw the picture, I had to wonder how he wrestles if that is him. :eek:

On a side note, I find it kinda worrying as well that the ones the person turns to for advice for something like that is reddit and not their parents or someone away from the internet. I guess they're worried about their reaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

To be fair a lot of Americans refer to university as "school" so it doesn't necessarily mean he knew they were high school age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Splitting this off into its own thread.

I thought Velvet was into women, wasn't he linked with Cathy?

Edit and he claims he went to the cops....the fact he's tweeting I find dubious.

I thought Velvet was into women, wasn't he linked with Cathy?

Edit and he claims he went to the cops....the fact he's tweeting I find dubious.

Pretty sure bi.

The screenshots combined with the speech note are being damming.

He may have been hacked, but there’s not much reason to disbelieve that messages were sent

Ah right, honestly hadn't seen anything to suggest he was into guys as well.

Yeah can't dispute he's been caught I'd just be weary of taking every tweet seriously of someone "coming forward" .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If he went to the police you would imagine he would have had a solicitor with him and the first thing he would have been told to do is not make any public statements.

Tweeting denials looks like he has not taken any legal advice and is chancing his arm with a public denial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Even TheSun.ie picking up on this.
    Well that's the end of Dream. Just 24, already in WWE a few years and getting a push. What a bright future ahead he had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I dunno. I don't see him being on NXT for a while, but the danger of these people going the social media route rather than to the police means WWE can't really take hard action. If they did so, they'd technically be calling him a pedophile based on Internet speculation, which would open them up to a potential whopper lawsuit. So I wouldn't be surprised if he just goes quiet for a while and they bring him back in a few months.

Look, this looks REALLY bad for Dream and seriously **** him if it's true, but due process and assumption of innocence also exists for a reason and in truth we really shouldn't know about or be commenting on this at this stage, because we just don't know. We've seen wrestlers be accused of stuff that looked detailed and damning before and it's come back as fake. I hope the person does go to the police because otherwise everyone is stuck in a horrible limbo. People really like him as a performer and there's still technically a chance he's had his name wrongfully slurred, so if he is innocent he doesn't deserve that hanging over him. And if he's guilty he deserves to have his reputation in tatters and be kicked out of wrestling and into prison. Right now, all we have is a believable-looking slurring of his name. That's no good to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well that's the end of Dream. Just 24, already in WWE a few years and getting a push. What a bright future ahead he had.

That lying dirty rag/website would run anything that'd bring eyeballs/ad revenue to them. Gutter journalism at it's finest.

I wouldn't say it's the end of him, leggo's detailed it better than I could.

Oh well if the sun is picking it then that's it then isn't it ? Personally I'd hope people would look at facts. And leggo is his last post summed it up perfectly. Hopefully that's similiar to how this all goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Part of me wants to believe he's innocent, but maybe only because he's a guy that's so easy to like and you don't want to believe it, different to the Lars Sullivan case for instance where he was almost instantly shunted

Enzo Amore was let go for his accusations and they were proven false, I really hope we don't see the same thing here

Needless to say if it is true and proven so then away with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Oh well if the sun is picking it then that's it then isn't it ?

If in the public eye, be it as an actor, entertainer, sportsman, politician or wrestler in this case. It's never a good thing if more media outlets pick up on things. It can be more damaging to a career. Something cannot blow over if more people read an alleged scandal. Not to mention if proven completely innocent some will doubt and think said parties are guilty.

Maybe The Sun is a rag as some people say. But this is negative press. It's much easier to fight an allegation when it's small than big.

If in the public eye, be it as an actor, entertainer, sportsman, politician or wrestler in this case. It's never a good thing if more media outlets pick up on things. It can be more damaging to a career. Something cannot blow over if more people read an alleged scandal. Not to mention if proven completely innocent some will doubt and think said parties are guilty.

Maybe The Sun is a rag as some people say. But this is negative press. It's much easier to fight an allegation when it's small than big.

Maybe I'm being overly idealistic here but to me facts should still matter, but partially because of social media there is a culture of trial by it. It's why imo for allegations of this type of crime and others names of nobody should be made public until and unless guilt is proven and then the acused can be named imo.

Yeah like all of these kinds of stories, the allegations last multiple news cycles until proven guilty or innocent. But if found innocent it pretty much just gets mentioned in passing with a small article that takes up less space than any of the allegation articles.
    As was said, Enzo was found innocent but how many remember that part of the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

That can work both ways though. Like even away from the charges, Enzo seemed like a unlikeable little prick, so I think the accusations were just a good excuse for many to just disregard him. Whereas then you’ve got Bill Clinton who in the 90’s lied about, then confessed to, stuff that would see him be shunned today. But he’s got a likeable personality, did a lot of positive stuff too (and over here said nice things about us, which as an American made us swoon), and his ‘crimes’ were of a time more tolerant of that behaviour, so that gets forgotten and he gets to be remembered as a legendary US President despite seeming very concerning behind closed doors. So public opinion isn’t far off secondary school logic really: if people want to like you and can find a way to justify it, they will. If they don’t like you and can find a way to validate that, they will too. What’s true and not only plays a part in that.

Where it gets truly messy is when people get mad accusations like this, have a popular public persona, but then are actual dickheads in real life who just know how to work the cameras. Who knows where Dream lies in all of this? So yeah, let’s hope the police do the work for us here.

I was thinking WWE hasn't released a statement on this yet because he has prerecorded matches still to air, but then looked back and see NXT tapings are this Wednesday. I'd say they'll not have him there and lean on other stories.

• Advertisement
Advertisement