Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung A series

• 24-04-2020 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, does have any experience with the Samsung A series? It’s their mid range of phones (the S series being top of the range, A being mid range and M being budget) relatively cheap in comparison to the S series but not many reviews online? Would you be better off splurging on a new s20 as opposed to an A71?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

debs95 wrote: »
    Hi, does have any experience with the Samsung A series? It’s their mid range of phones (the S series being top of the range, A being mid range and M being budget) relatively cheap in comparison to the S series but not many reviews online? Would you be better off splurging on a new s20 as opposed to an A71?

Hi I have the A70. Great phone for a fraction of the S range. Really happy with it amd Decent size screen.

Have you looked at the xiaomi phones? Savage spec for the price and great reviews. Got the wife the redmi note 8.

Xiaomi will be my next phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I have the A40 and am well happy with it. Don't like billpay so this was a good compromise for a decent phone for not mad money

• Registered Users Posts: 8 debs95

I have not looked at the Xiaomi phones, I was more geared towards Samsung because of it being a household name I guess! I’ll look in to them, thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I have the A50 and find it great. Very snappy and excellent battery. Dual sim too which is handy. I could never justify spending €1000 on a phone that does very little more than something for €300.

The a51 is also out now with a hole punch front camera instead of the teardrop implementation on the A50.

Xiaomi are a good value brand too but I think the cameras are better in the Samsungs from past experiences.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 236 ✭✭evolveDD

DopeTech wrote: »
    I have the A50 and find it great. Very snappy and excellent battery. Dual sim too which is handy. I could never justify spending €1000 on a phone that does very little more than something for €300.

The a51 is also out now with a hole punch front camera instead of the teardrop implementation on the A50.

Xiaomi are a good value brand too but I think the cameras are better in the Samsungs from past experiences.

if you want that just-eat code you must clear your pm inbox', i can't pm you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I have the A6 (2018) SM-A600FN, it cost GBP 229 (SIM free) in December 2018 from Amazon UK. It's a brilliant phone. 32GB, great battery life - two days no problem with light use. I have a 32GB microSD card so no worries about running out of storage.

Advertisement