Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace FAAC dial to open Sim card

Options
  • 25-04-2020 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Morning,
    Accidentally let the Sim card die so need to replace it with a new VF. Is it a big job to replace it physically and secondly how to program it, to add numbers etc?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Got some excellent advice from a lovely fella, just a matter to change the Sim as all numbers/programs stored in the gsm unit itself... Many thanks to the man himself

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

Similar problem here. Updated the SIM but network light flashing on the gsm/dial to open device and not working yet. Wondering if I need to update the GSM unit?

Listrydude wrote: »
    Similar problem here. Updated the SIM but network light flashing on the gsm/dial to open device and not working yet. Wondering if I need to update the GSM unit?

Was the sim card activated in a regular phone? Could you ring that phone? Could it ring you?
    I used VF

No the sim was activated in the Vodafone shop, would be an idea to try it in a phone alright. I'm guessing the network light flashing relates to the sim rather than the GSM, which seems fine?

thanks

No the sim was activated in the Vodafone shop, would be an idea to try it in a phone alright. I'm guessing the network light flashing relates to the sim rather than the GSM, which seems fine?

thanks

What actually happened? You let the Sim card die because of no credit or it just stopped working even though the sim had credit? Did you put the sim in the correct way?

• Advertisement

The SIM had credit and the gate stopped opening, rang Vodafone and they said the SIM was too old (larger sim probably 10 years old or so) and to replace it. Replaced the sim yesterday and still not working so maybe not activated yet, even though they confirmed the credit was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Did you replace the sim when the unit was powered up? If so power cycle the unit and see if it works.

The SIM had credit and the gate stopped opening, rang Vodafone and they said the SIM was too old (larger sim probably 10 years old or so) and to replace it. Replaced the sim yesterday and still not working so maybe not activated yet, even though they confirmed the credit was there.

Mmmm sounds like BS from VF, definitely try it in another phone and if it's ringing and can call out then the problem is elsewhere (and more costly than a sim card)

alta stare wrote: »
    Did you replace the sim when the unit was powered up? If so power cycle the unit and see if it works.

I replaced the SIM with the unit powered off and powered it back on, but no joy. Thenetwork light is flashing green as opposed to staying lit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

I replaced the SIM with the unit powered off and powered it back on, but no joy. Thenetwork light is flashing green as opposed to staying lit

Ah right. Perhaps VF gave you the wrong type sim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭tech

set a reminder in phone to top up by 5e every 180 days once you get setup

I will do. Got through to VF and switched sim with wifes phone etc and works a dream. Seems the 'dial2open' box might be faulty as not transmitting the signal. It's a W009 or something like that. Any idea where I could get something similiar?

Thanks for all the help so far guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭tech

AES Prime 6, have a look at the AES range

Advertisement