Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea to help Small Irish Business Owners Network Better

Options
  • 25-04-2020 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I was thinking about an idea which could help startups and small business owners in Ireland network better. I would be grateful to get your feedback. I wanted to build a website for entrepreneurs to find specific people to help them move their business forward. They can be business partners or people to hire for a short period. The website will be completely free to use.

The idea is to match people based on specific needs. Some examples:

• An accountant and a website developer based in Dublin work together to refer new clients to each other
    • An app developer in Cork with an amazing product who needs help with sales.
    • Someone who is retired living in Wicklow looking to get involved with a startup nearby
    • An Irish company looking to sell to Italy but can’t due the language barrier or a lack of contacts
    • Someone with unused assets such as cash, equipment, land or a premises makes the asset available for use in a startup in return for a share of the profits.
    • An accountant gives advice in return for advice on getting his website to rank well in google

With the current restrictions in place it will be difficult to network. Also, if you are looking for someone very specific, it can be difficult to find them at networking events. Linkedin is an amazing platform but it seems to be more suited for those who want a career and not for those who are looking for a business partner or to hire someone for a once off project.

I wanted to know if other business owners think it would be a useful service to have. If it is something which you see little benefit in let me know, I’m open to feedback, I won’t be offended. I have some free time in the evenings and would like to find a new project to work on. Particularly if it can help the small business community in Ireland during these challenging times.

Advertisement