Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Quality Squeeze Bottles?

Options
  • 25-04-2020 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭

Looking for some good quality squeeze bottles. The ones I've used before from kitchen suppliers tend to be cheap and disposable.
    Do any companies do decent quality ones? Capacity 600ml-1L.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Have you tried Nisbets? They're in the Ilac at the Moore St end and are open, but if you're not living close enough they also deliver.

https://www.nisbets.ie/search/?text=squeeze+bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Thanks. Was hoping for something a bit more robust than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Blisterman wrote: »
    Thanks. Was hoping for something a bit more robust than them.

I would imagine a robust one would be hard to squeeze? where have you seen the ones you want?

I just reuse bottles I get sauce in. Some of the asian supermarkets can have larger catering sizes of sauces.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well, by robust, I just mean a bit better quality, less likely to leak through the lid etc. The ones from the catering suppliers tend to be designed to be more or less disposable.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If the squeeze bottles from kitchen suppliers were more robust, they would cost a lot more and people would steal then from restaurants and cafes. This is a consideration for anyone in the trade so it should be no surprise to you that the ones on offer don't last forever. Better the bottle that lasts only a month than the one that costs twice as much but walks out the door after a week!

You need to look for a refillable bottle with a plunger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,837 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I use old ketchup, mayo, mustard etc bottles. They last for years.

Advertisement