Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance *consecutive years* renewal.

Options
  • 25-04-2020 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I'm currently due a renewal in the next week however since I'm not using the car I am thinking of cancelling my renewal and then re insuring it after this pandemic is over.

However I see when I submit an online quote it tell me that the NCB has to be in Consecutive years with no breaks in the policy.

Will this mean I will lose my NCB after my renewal since I had a gap with insurance policy?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'm currently due a renewal in the next week however since I'm not using the car I am thinking of cancelling my renewal and then re insuring it after this pandemic is over.

However I see when I submit an online quote it tell me that the NCB has to be in Consecutive years with no breaks in the policy.

Will this mean I will lose my NCB after my renewal since I had a gap with insurance policy?

No, it just means that the online system will only give a quote if there's no break in cover. Your no-claims discount will survive up to two years with no policy. You'll just need to talk to a broker or ring the company direct when you want to take out a new policy.

Advertisement