Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping Unsolicited Texts

Options
  • 25-04-2020 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

I'm getting unsolicited texts from a movie app at 2.50 Euros a pop!
    How do I stop this and any chance of getting my credit back?
    I use a Huawei smartphone.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Connacht15 wrote: »
    I'm getting unsolicited texts from a movie app at 2.50 Euros a pop!
    How do I stop this and any chance of getting my credit back?
    I use a Huawei smartphone.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Replying STOP should unsubscribe you but not always if they are scam artists. Is there a website or phone number in any of the texts?

What's the number they come from? Slim chance of getting a refund unless you threaten the company with contacting comreg on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Connacht15

There is a website address attached.
    I blocked them on my phone but I'm not sure if that is sufficient, i.e. put them on my blocked list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

You need to send STOP back to the number. Then contact your network to apply a block on all premium rate numbers.

Then contact the sender and demand a full refund as you didn't subscribe, ask for proof of an AGREE SMS from you (they won't have it). If they refuse then use GDPR to get all data they hold on file to show evidence of the subscription consent...at this point they will try to bluff their way out of it so you'll need to be persistent.

Search the number on Comreg site to find the contact details of the sender.

Other than that Comreg will be no help...might as well be throwing buns at an elephant for all they'll do to shutdown these scammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Connacht15 wrote: »
    There is a website address attached.
    I blocked them on my phone but I'm not sure if that is sufficient, i.e. put them on my blocked list.

That won't stop the charges. Follow the above post.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Connacht15

Folks, thanks for the advice and I have followed it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement