Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dear leader, Kim Jong Un might be poorly

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

South Korean media are calling it bull****. The US is trying to get SK to pay more money to them for their military presence but the left wing party gained a majority recently and want to pursue peace with NK. The US doesn't really want a demilitarised Korean peninsula.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I don't think they ever thought Iraq had WMD.

Unless your talking about their oil.

Well, I’m the first invasion in the 90s, didn’t they have medium range missiles? Ones that could hit their neighbours. Ta not the same situation with not thy Korea. But if there is ever a tone to attack, when the leader is dead or incapacitated is the time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Good time to start a war during a pandemic?

That’s obviously a drawback in planning for all sides but, yes. If there is ever a time to do it it’s when the leadership is uncertain. Maybe they will never invade and I’d say if the leader’s dead or incapacitated and they don’t invade, then they never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Bigbooty wrote: »
    South Korean media are calling it bull****. The US is trying to get SK to pay more money to them for their military presence but the left wing party gained a majority recently and want to pursue peace with NK. The US doesn't really want a demilitarised Korean peninsula.

South Korea will play along with just about anything the North says. It's in their best interest. Forget the nukes; with standard ammunition alone the North could wipe out Seoul in about half an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

2u2me wrote: »
    South Korea will play along with just about anything the North says. It's in their best interest. Forget the nukes; with standard ammunition alone the North could wipe out Seoul in about half an hour.

Why on earth would NK attack Seoul? The regime is not irrational. They know that would mean their own destruction. They want to ensure their long term survival, normalize relations with SK, become globally accepted and open their economy for development like vietnam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,149 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Cry havoc and let slip the dogsoup of war

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Either way, it's safe to assume his wife is back on the market...

She’s a little honey.

She'd be good for the happy ending

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

The heir to the throne (sister) isnt too shabby either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Bigbooty wrote: »
    Why on earth would NK attack Seoul? The regime is not irrational. They know that would mean their own destruction. They want to ensure their long term survival, normalize relations with SK, become globally accepted and open their economy for development like vietnam.
    You know they invaded in 1950, right? Obviously they've become so much more rational since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

waste of fresh air, should be sitting in his jocks playing video games and eating cheeseburgers, not running a country..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

It's all thanks to the specific Swiss cheese he used to gorge on, Kim's emmental!

Emmental is a yellow, medium-hard Swiss cheese that originated in the area around Emmental, canton of Bern. It has a savory but mild taste.

Anyway Nordy Korea is best cheekbones Korea.

The new young lady due to take over isn't too bad, compared to the brown bread lad,
    turn her into a kimkardashian type insta-celeb, and it's Unified Korea <5yrs.

The regime might continue but it would be the right time to invade. I'd they ever plan to invade, now is the time. They "liberated" Iraq thinking he had WMD. So we know they're not afraid of the consequences and I presume they have the ability to shoot down North Korea's WMD.

I'm not saying they definitely should invade as it might not ever be feasible but if they ever intend to invade, now's the time.

They do, but there are no guarantees. That's the problem. There are too many variables with intercepting missiles, and all it takes is one missile getting through to do serious damage. There's also the aspect that some missile systems are prepped to drop "dirty" material if destroyed or partially intercepted in flight.

There is also a sense of creating a dangerous precedence. Encouraging a sense of validity to attacking someone during a time of crisis. Sure, it can be passed off as being necessary against N.Korea, but it does open a pandora's box which could be used to justify other actions.. How would people feel if China used this time to take out Taiwan? There would be outrage not only for invading, but also for using Covid as a weapon...

Advertisement