Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merlin Park Woods

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Perhaps I should post this on the bizarre things to happen thread, but does anyone know anything about ghosts in Merlin Woods?

In February I was walking in Merlin Woods around twilight and walked past a young female who was walking the other way. She looked unhappy and yet a bit glamourous at the same time. I'd guess she must have been in her twenties. I still remember her face because I looked into her eyes and nodded acknowledgement. She looked right through me. I wasn't in a bad mood or anything, it was just a normal day, but as soon as she passed I was overcome by a feeling of sadness. I continued to walk on for ten steps or so, then feeling like it was so weird and starting to worry about her, I turned and looked back and...she was gone.

There were no corners nearby, it was a fairly long straight path as I recall. I looked around for her but she was nowhere to be seen. I have no idea where she got to! I googled 'ghosts in Merlin Woods' and came up with not much, except a girl called Mary McManus who fell out of a window a long time ago...:pac:

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    Perhaps I should post this on the bizarre things to happen thread, but does anyone know anything about ghosts in Merlin Woods?

In February I was walking in Merlin Woods around twilight and walked past a young female who was walking the other way. She looked unhappy and yet a bit glamourous at the same time. I'd guess she must have been in her twenties. I still remember her face because I looked into her eyes and nodded acknowledgement. She looked right through me. I wasn't in a bad mood or anything, it was just a normal day, but as soon as she passed I was overcome by a feeling of sadness. I continued to walk on for ten steps or so, then feeling like it was so weird and starting to worry about her, I turned and looked back and...she was gone.

There were no corners nearby, it was a fairly long straight path as I recall. I looked around for her but she was nowhere to be seen. I have no idea where she got to! I googled 'ghosts in Merlin Woods' and came up with not much, except a girl called Mary McManus who fell out of a window a long time ago...:pac:

Were you near the 5G tower, it's a fecker for attracting ghosts and spreading chemtrails

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Mary was supposedly a maid who worked for the Blakes, so unlikely she would have been glammed up. But maybe there's a Mac counter in the great beyond and she tried to cheer herself up? Sad story is likely whoever she was if she's still wandering the woods...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

There was a woman's body found there a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

pinktoe wrote: »
    There was a woman's body found there a few years ago.

Sadly it's been a place where a few people have taken their own life, two I knew of about 20years ago. Was there last week, hadn't been there in years but it always spooked me a bit.

Litter wise..a lot of broken glass and cans in clearings near the castle, had my wee one with me walking thru trails and had to carry him for a bit as it wasnt safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Having grown up in the area and been to the top of that "castle" many times...

Just letting people know its a tower house not a castle....just sayin....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Just a heads up for anyone who walks in here. Last night I was walking passed the castle/tower house at about 9.30pm. There was a group of 4 drinking there and they started throwing large stones and rocks at me and roaring at me. Luckily none hit but they would have done serious damage if they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Just a heads up for anyone who walks in here. Last night I was walking passed the castle/tower house at about 9.30pm. There was a group of 4 drinking there and they started throwing large stones and rocks at me and roaring at me. Luckily none hit but they would have done serious damage if they had.

I sincerely hope you reported that incident if one hit you and done serious damage to you it could be attempted murder. there was no reason for them to throw stones at you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

At least the group weren’t riding each other which ive “seen” a few times

At least the group weren’t riding each other which ive “seen” a few times

I’d far prefer to come across a few people riding than have rocks thrown at me big enough to cause serious injury but each to their own I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

And they say romance is dead.

Advertisement