Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ROI Restriction Laws Unenforceable on Irishmen and Irishwomen in NI

• 25-04-2020 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

I am delighted to hear that the totalitarian laws are unenforceable on people living within the Six Occupied Counties.

I would hereby encourage everyone in that position to enter the 26-Counties and ignore the illegal orders by the 26-County police. And this way help to crush these illegal laws for our fellow countrymen and countrywomen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anarchist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

Risteard81 wrote: »
    I am delighted to hear that the totalitarian laws are unenforceable on people living within the Six Occupied Counties.

I would hereby encourage everyone in that position to enter the 26-Counties and ignore the illegal orders by the 26-County police. And this way help to crush these illegal laws for our fellow countrymen and countrywomen.

Unbelievable really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Ffs. There's always one.

Pity we can’t close the border and keep the British out for the duration of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yes, im changing an MCB in my own house as we speak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Bruthal wrote: »
    Yes, im changing an MCB in my own house as we speak

Better call the fire Brigade.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The laws are not illegal, but cannot be enforced against non-residents of the State

Better call the fire Brigade.

No point, they will ask you whats the problem, and we all know you disappear when asked anything tricky:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Close the border.......that'll sort it out.

Should have been done as soon as both countries were not following the same course of action with regard to this pandemic.

Good thing this virus respects borders........oh wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

It's like saying that laws on theft, assault and murder are not applicable to tourists visiting Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Not sure what the end game is here... if we had a 32 county all island republic any such government would have passed laws for all citizens of that state. Instead we have a post celebrating a Tijuana effect... bizarre stuff. What's a few dead people in the service of the cause?
    It really is further proof of a philosophy of death celebration.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Bruthal wrote: »
    No point, they will ask you whats the problem, and we all know you disappear when asked anything tricky:)
    No I don't. As I pointed out to you before I don't engage with you because you are not someone whom I have any time for whatsoever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Everything about that first post is ****ing ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

Ah go ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I would hereby encourage everyone in that position to enter the 26-Counties
    You want people to spread the disease? Care to rephrase?

because you are not someone whom I have any time for whatsoever.
    :D

No I don't. As I pointed out to you before I don't engage with you
    And as I pointed out before, here you are:pac:

Victor wrote: »
    You want people to spread the disease? Care to rephrase?
    No. I want people to resist totalitarianism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Don't be afraid to pull your wire.

No. I want people to resist totalitarianism.

Except if its reci, then you bend over and think of england, isnt that it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Garda Headquarters has informed senior officers all over the country that the restrictions on movement to stop the spread of the coronavirus do not apply to people on day trips from Northern Ireland and that powers of enforcement cannot be used on them.

Gardaí in the border region have also been ordered not to arrest anyone from Northern Ireland for suspected breaches of the Covid-19 regulations because they do not have the power to do so under the emergency legislation introduced by the Government

So you can drive down from Belfast to Cork and not get done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

close the thread ffs! the OP is more barmy than Trump

fryup wrote: »
    close the thread ffs!
    Why? It was a factual post. Or do you believe in Thought Crime?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Why? It was a factual post. Or do you believe in Thought Crime?

It was not "factual". You stated our laws are "illegal". You have no basis for that claim. I have already pointed that out in the thread but if you continue with this "totalitarian"/"illegal" crap I will threadban you

Beasty wrote: »
    It was not "factual". You stated our laws are "illegal". You have no basis for that claim. I have already pointed that out in the thread but if you continue with this "totalitarian"/"illegal" crap I will threadban you
    Why do you feel that you have a right to impose your views on me? I am entitled to my views as to the nature of the so-called laws. It is a total abuse of your power to seek to impose your views like this.

Why do you feel that you have a right to impose your views on me? I am entitled to my views as to the nature of the so-called laws. It is a total abuse of your power to seek to impose your views like this.
    Do not post in this thread again

Kiith wrote: »
    Everything about that first post is ****ing ridiculous.

Every single aspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

That OP is an absolute lemon who thinks he is in after hours.

Anyone that does not want to obey the laws of the country, brought in to save peoples lives, can feck off.

Abosolute gob****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yes. It's the height of stupidity. What's the point in the 2km restrictions now. Especially in holiday destinations close to the border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Do not post in this thread again

Hey beasty,

As he is an obvious troll, can you not just close the thread?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

McDermotX wrote: »
    Close the border.......that'll sort it out.

Should have been done as soon as both countries were not following the same course of action with regard to this pandemic.

Good thing this virus respects borders........oh wait...

The Irish govt doesn't have the manpower to close the land border

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

fryup wrote: »
    close the thread ffs! the OP is more barmy than Trump

18a82c78314895c444ac39bbd9951632-493x281.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Brits Out!

Not your ornery onager

Yep.
    Well actually you could be if you break the speed limit or hold up a bank, but not under the laws introduced last month imposing, amongst other things, travel restrictions, as they only seem to apply to people residing in the State

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Down9194

If there is a loophole in the law that’s not our fault. If people in the 26 want us to be amenable to the law then do something about it, after 100 years it’s about time you did. By the way I don’t think it’ll be abused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Smegging hell

What is Sinn Féin Poblachtach's attitude towards the lockdown, a chara?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

Implications for this case, surely? Long story short, for those unfamiliar... gentleman from Derry drove from there to Kerry to collect a puppy, was arrested some 400km from home and charged with a breach of Covid-19 legislation. He plead guilty in Tralee District Court, where he received a one month sentence, and is currently on bail pending appeal.

Hey beasty,

As he is an obvious troll, can you not just close the thread?

Thanks
    It's a valid topic, regardless of the OP's own take on it. I have toned down the thread title though

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

The laws are not illegal, but cannot be enforced against non-residents of the State

What does this mean then?
    That Irish residents can be arrested for breaching the regulations but anyone else from any part of the world can arrive and travel freely throughout the country?

What does this mean then? That Irish residents can be arrested for breaching the regulations but anyone else from any part of the world can arrive and travel freely throughout the country?

At the moment yes. In fairness to op I think he was trying to point out that these laws are most likely unconstitutional. I'm not against them and they are for a good reason but we do have the constitutional to right to gather among other things.

The legality of them are being tested in the courts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

walshb wrote: »
    Anarchist!

Gob****e more like :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    At the moment yes. In fairness to op I think he was trying to point out that these laws are most likely unconstitutional. I'm not against them and they are for a good reason but we do have the constitutional to right to gather among other things.

The legality of them are being tested in the courts

Totally insane if true, and of course regarding the legality of the laws being tested by Irish people, and gathering outside the courthouse ...total meltdown.

Anyone from outside the country moving around freely...ara shure what can ya do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

I love this guy

ek motor wrote: »
    I love this guy

So do I. He hates me though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fvcking ridiculous.

Bruthal wrote:
    So do I. He hates me though

So now we know he has good taste :)

Advertisement