Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Lucy up next, hasn't ruffled too many feather but has thrown a light barb at Conor, then calls his FFA rubbish when it wasn't really an FFA but a shortlist out of which he'd make an FFA. Overall though I'd lean good towards her, mostly for the joke to conor about being up to shenanigans.
    Lucy WW wrote: »
    Excellent looking mods, I is bit bit excite today

Morning all
    DIY mainly, putting up curtain poles etc. Now I can relax and watch a bit of TV (and watch the thread) imagine it will be slow enough tonight anyway.
    Morning Conor

Sleep well or were you up to any shenanagins last night?

I spent the evening with Uhtred of Bebbanburg
    Oh he was a baaaaaad lad, but very very good ;)
    A few folks still not posted

<div>Abigail WWAngus WWBarbara WWConor WWDerry WWEmily WWEva WWEwan WWFrank WW - munched

Gabriel WWGertrude WWHolly WWJake WWLiam WWLucy WWNigel WWOrla WWPatrick WWPhil WWVernon WW

Oh it seems Liam was calling out the no-posters. I get that now.
    Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Emily WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Frank WW - munched
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Jake WW
    Liam WW
    Lucy WW
    Nigel WW
    Orla WW
    Patrick WW
    Phil WW
    Vernon WW
    The list didnt post forst time where I said that this was a list of who was still to post. Since I couldn't edit, I had to redo the table.
    Yes, those are the 3 that hadn't posted.
    I am kind of lost with Conors post. My first thoughts when I seen the list he will build an FFA from was it was a load od crap.

Now there is chat and him wanting to have a post for people to go back to? what am I mising.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Emily have you any other thoughts apart from Phil?

You've been following the thread and posting up to five minutes ago. All nine posts one sentence long and all about Phil bar the one explaining Lucy's table she posted.

Surely if you've been following along you would have more to say rather than sticking to one person?

Phil is the one sticking out for me for obvious reasons, 1-2 others that I have vague suspicions on but waiting for something more before posting them as there's not a lot to go on yet.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    Phil is the one sticking out for me for obvious reasons, 1-2 others that I have vague suspicions on but waiting for something more before posting them as there's not a lot to go on yet.

Keeping suspicions to yourself isn't going to help anyone. If you're suspicious of anyone just say it, even if it's gut feel. It's day1 a lot of what we're thinking isn't concrete yet. It gets people talking though and you can get a lot from how people react to your suspicions

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Subtle, I dont like it though. You have backed yourself into a corner a little bit too much and you have no one to blame but yourself

Please do expand...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

tenor.gif

Gosh I'm sooooo sorry folks I got snowed under till now. Have read up a bit on the thread.

Frank munched - seems a pure role hunt there, the loon was posting Geralt gifs.

Phil is acting a bit manic, really stands out which is exactly NOT what a wolf does imo.

Gabby very defensive this morning towards Franky but I've liked their responses to Babs tbf.

That's all I've kinda got for now, aside from Conor being a chatty Kathy

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Please do expand...

Asking questions but not answering

Eva WW wrote: »
    Well hello there...

Does anybody else feel like everyday is a Sunday?
    I’d never heard of it until it was on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Unfairly compared with GOT, it’s nothing like it, I certainly don’t see them as good comparisons. It took me a couple of episodes to get into it but I think it was the catchy “toss a coin” song that got me excited... Mucho excited.
    giphy.gif
    I will never get tired of that GIF

First three fluff posts
    Honestly, could you pick 3 people to target? Even in a busy village I usually struggle to put two names down.

In response to Conor I think it was suggesting FFAs. Early enough to say they couldn't make one by this evening
    What’s your gut telling you?

Yesterday was a fluff day. Somebody mentioned potential task to win first kill, maybe there is something in that. Did wolves target frank cause they thought he was on other wolf team and doing a task ? ( I’m not so sure, would of thought both bad teams would prioritize finding RVs).

Asks about task to win first kill theory. One of the two posts about the game, this one just feels like saying something for the sake of saying it?
    So is your Conor accusation going to have a “just one more thing” post?
    Liam WW wrote: »
    Just one more thing-my wife loves you but I don't agree with that in the workplace.
    tenor.gif

What does this interaction between Liam and Eva mean in regard to the wife? Am I missing something here :confused:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Given the heavily role laden OP, do people think there are potential characters not mention in the OP?

Lots of ISOs which is good to see.

We can look back at the ISOs and see if the people respond/react to them at all

Orla WW wrote: »
    Given the heavily role laden OP, do people think there are potential characters not mention in the OP?

I doubt it, I've read the OP a few times over lunch and there doesn't seem to be any ambiguity in the roles.

Lack of 'no tasks' in the rules is interesting though.

• Advertisement

Keeping suspicions to yourself isn't going to help anyone. If you're suspicious of anyone just say it, even if it's gut feel. It's day1 a lot of what we're thinking isn't concrete yet. It gets people talking though and you can get a lot from how people react to your suspicions

I thought at the time that the post from Gabriel to Frank (after Frank was killed) was a bit odd, seems strange to defend yourself to a dead man when to do so only serves to raise suspicion about yourself.

For a couple of posters who've posted reviews of other people's posts, there were one or two comments which struck me as odd on first read and worth re-reading - basically where the reviewer agreed with something innocuous the reviewee said, subsequently determined that the reviewee was a villager and thus implied that the reviewer is also one by association. As I said though, I need to re-read those posts

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    That’s not my FFA Jake. My FFA will be three from those six ;)

But the posts of the folks you posted didn't look wolfy? more like people posting at the start of a game type posts.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    i think he is picking low posters

Which can and can't be helpful, I thinik this early in the game it is a bit risky to do that?

My opinion on Conor is he shows more wolfy to me, the "helpful" kind of wolf and I don't like it. Trying to make himself appear so villagery and it just isn't right.

As for Phil, when I seen his first posts and especially the comment about the top heavy game, it just reeked of NRV to me. And I do think his constant crazy chatter is just village nonsense (sorry Phil)

I don't have anything to add to an FFA and not sure how to vote today as nothing really stands out for me. There is a pretty big chance I would go for Conor though.

I see I was classed as helpful, yep, that is true. I was trying to see who hadn't posted so that I could keep an eye out. That way if there was not clear cut wolf getting lynched, I would vote for a disinterested/nonposting villager instead for safety and to make sure I don't hit a good role by mistake.

I thought at the time that the post from Gabriel to Frank (after Frank was killed) was a bit odd, seems strange to defend yourself to a dead man when to do so only serves to raise suspicion about yourself.

For a couple of posters who've posted reviews of other people's posts, there were one or two comments which struck me as odd on first read and worth re-reading - basically where the reviewer agreed with something innocuous the reviewee said, subsequently determined that the reviewee was a villager and thus implied that the reviewer is also one by association. As I said though, I need to re-read those posts

Now that I've read the glossary, it seems ISOs are what I'm referring to here

Gertrude - there's a bit in The Office where Brent is doing impressions of people that end up as Eric Hitchmo (spelling?). One of them is Columbo and he says that line. Apparently Hitchmo doesn't agree with a lot of things in the work place.

But the posts of the folks you posted didn't look wolfy? more like people posting at the start of a game type posts.

Which can and can't be helpful, I thinik this early in the game it is a bit risky to do that?

My opinion on Conor is he shows more wolfy to me, the "helpful" kind of wolf and I don't like it. Trying to make himself appear so villagery and it just isn't right.

As for Phil, when I seen his first posts and especially the comment about the top heavy game, it just reeked of NRV to me. And I do think his constant crazy chatter is just village nonsense (sorry Phil)

I don't have anything to add to an FFA and not sure how to vote today as nothing really stands out for me. There is a pretty big chance I would go for Conor though.

I see I was classed as helpful, yep, that is true. I was trying to see who hadn't posted so that I could keep an eye out. That way if there was not clear cut wolf getting lynched, I would vote for a disinterested/nonposting villager instead for safety and to make sure I don't hit a good role by mistake.

I dunno, I think the tendency a lot is to suspect the highest posters simply because they say more than anyone else. Meanwhile the lower and mid-range posters just skate by for days because nobody is paying any attention to them*.

*I'm aware I'm in that echelon currently but I've been busy. Will be more active from now.

Well no one wants to talk to me so I'll be back in a few hours :(

tenor.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

All caught up. Was it Holly asked about the Guinea pig emergency? Only a fungal skin infection but it can rapidly pass from one piggy to the other if not dealt with promptly. Trip to the vet and then a bath for him when we got home.

Phil for me doesn't read like a wolf, but I am concerned that some people are questioning my villageryness based on a flimsy link at best. The only way me and Phil are on the same team us if he is team villager.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Well no one wants to talk to me so I'll be back in a few hours :(

tenor.gif

Internet was down temporarily for me anyway.

Yeah anything like that, that sticks out to you when you're reading it you can quote it and question it. At this stage in the game it's all any of us are doing and it will give you a better basis on where to put your vote later. Their response will mean you can either take them off your suspicious list or it can make you even more suspicious of them

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Internet was down temporarily for me anyway.

Are you with Virgin? Mine went down too for a few minutes :(

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

tenor.gif

Gosh I'm sooooo sorry folks I got snowed under till now. Have read up a bit on the thread.

Frank munched - seems a pure role hunt there, the loon was posting Geralt gifs.

Phil is acting a bit manic, really stands out which is exactly NOT what a wolf does imo.

Gabby very defensive this morning towards Franky but I've liked their responses to Babs tbf.

That's all I've kinda got for now, aside from Conor being a chatty Kathy

sup ewan.

sorry, this just stood out. a few people have mentioned this now, of course theyre role hunting

You thought that at the time but didn't mention it? I've said it a fair number of times since, and a fair few challenged me on it but you've not really mentioned it until now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Now that I've read the glossary, it seems ISOs are what I'm referring to here

Puts Emily in my leaning good pile. A wolfie with teammates would have just asked them

Barbara WW wrote: »
    You thought that at the time but didn't mention it? I've said it a fair number of times since, and a fair few challenged me on it but you've not really mentioned it until now.

Reads to me like a not confident new player rather than anything sinister behind it to be honest

That's not to say it clears her in anyway mind you but that's just how I see it for the time being. Time will tell

sup ewan.

sorry, this just stood out. a few people have mentioned this now, of course theyre role hunting

Yay! A friend :D

Just posting my opinion on the munch, Frank didn't exactly have anything interesting to say in his 13 posts, over half of them are gifs or videos

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Yay! A friend :D

Just posting my opinion on the munch, Frank didn't exactly have anything interesting to say in his 13 posts, over half of them are gifs or videos

Perhaps he just wanted to entertain us.

Reads to me like a not confident new player rather than anything sinister behind it to be honest

That's not to say it clears her in anyway mind you but that's just how I see it for the time being. Time will tell

Fair enough, and you might be onto something there with the mention of glossaries and the like. Think it is still a valid point though. It wouldn't have been too out there to say, I agree with him that post was suspicious. Maybe the reactions to my post would have dissuaded them.

Lucy two posts of yours stood out to me. The one with the no posters highlighted in red. It's an odd way to represent non posters considering red normally means evil when using tables? Visual representation can mean a lot when you look at something like that. Also posted with no explanation to what it meant until an hour later so it was left to interpretation what it meant until you confirmed. Why did you chose this way to show the non posters?
    Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Emily WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Frank WW - munched
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Jake WW
    Liam WW
    Lucy WW
    Nigel WW
    Orla WW
    Patrick WW
    Phil WW
    Vernon WW

Lucy you talk about it being risky targetting low posters this early however you painted three players who hadn't posted as red. Which actually resulted in Liam asking which of the three was being lynched. Thankfully it didn't pick up more than that but it was risky.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    That’s not my FFA Jake. My FFA will be three from those six ;)

i think he is picking low posters

In the same post you talk about targetting low posters being risky but then state you would vote for someone who hasn't posted in fear of making a mistake and hitting an RV. This was the reason you made the table but what I don't understand is if you wanted to keep note of who hasn't posted could you not have done it in your own notes instead of making three people who just hadn't posted at that time look a bit shadey when for all you know one of those three could have been an RV? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me if you're so concerned with protecting RVs

Please note that there are currently more hours left until lynch than there are lynch votes registered. :D

No immediate panic, but please get your votes in by 9pm.

• Advertisement

Can we vote to lynch the game mods? :D

Advertisement