Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Angus
    Ewan
    HOLLY
    Gertrude
    Barbara

Voted to kill off a villager.

Ah, I see we have one of these in our midst

tenor.gif?itemid=8536254

Unless you're telling me you already knew Lucy was a villager.

I voted her based on her reaction to Gertie, specifically the bolded part:

Lucy WW wrote: »
    I ran to make dinner, hope you don't feel too lonely!

And the last point you made, there is a difference in going for a low poster for lynch against someone who hasn't bothered turning up for the game at that point. I used the term disinterested villager. I would have rather risked that on a NON poster than going for a low poster. It's a chance you take with every lynch and hope you don't accidently lynch a roled villager.

Need me to hold your hand and mansplain it more for you?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

It was down to Phil vs. Barbara until the last three minutes. Then a sudden Lucy pile-on.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

No Striga announcement. I wonder did Striga forget to bite? Or not show up in time?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    It was down to Phil vs. Barbara until the last three minutes. Then a sudden Lucy pile-on.

Conor switched to Barbara meaning it was Babs in the lead and then switcheroo

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Was that supposed to be 9pm too

• Advertisement

It's not uncommon for there to be a bit of a delay. If nothing by 9.30 then that's probably that.

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Conor switched to Barbara meaning it was Babs in the lead and then switcheroo

I thought Conor switching was weird if I'm totally honest, and me with my single vote on Eva was doing sweet FA so moved to my next strongest read.

Anywho, I've a banging headache after being glued to a monitor screen both at work and at home all day so gonna get some shuteye.

Night folks, talk in the morning before work.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I'm one of the Lucy voters, I was upfront about what my plan was. I know people won't like it as a tactic but I know I'm villager so it makes sense to me. I know it'll draw heat on me but everyone has to play the game the way they see fit

I could be 100% wrong but I wasn't feeling Barbara or Phil as wolves so as I said I voted to save those two, Lucy was the one I was least gone on but its day 1 so no one can be half ways sure about anything

Incidentally part of my reasons for believing Barbara was her refusal to switch to Phil but then she did switch to Lucy, so I'll have to think on that.

I always think its better to be part of a wagon than hanging out in the single voters playing Captain Hindsight tbh (cough, Liam, cough)

It's ok to be wrong playing WW, nobody except the wolves have perfect info.

Ok, now I'm really out of here.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I'm one of the Lucy voters, I was upfront about what my plan was. I know people won't like it as a tactic but I know I'm villager so it makes sense to me. I know it'll draw heat on me but everyone has to play the game the way they see fit

I could be 100% wrong but I wasn't feeling Barbara or Phil as wolves so as I said I voted to save those two, Lucy was the one I was least gone on but its day 1 so no one can be half ways sure about anything

Incidentally part of my reasons for believing Barbara was her refusal to switch to Phil but then she did switch to Lucy, so I'll have to think on that.

I had a very specific reason for not switching to Phil. That did not apply to Lucy.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I had a very specific reason for not switching to Phil. That did not apply to Lucy.

Thanks for explaining

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Incidentally part of my reasons for believing Barbara was her refusal to switch to Phil.

Not sure if this makes sense to me, if I'm getting voted off and I'm a villager, surely I'll switch to someone else (not necessarily Phil in this instance but someone of whom I have some sort of suspicion of) to save myself?

Emily WW wrote: »
    Not sure if this makes sense to me, if I'm getting voted off and I'm a villager, surely I'll switch to someone else (not necessarily Phil in this instance but someone of whom I have some sort of suspicion of) to save myself?

Exactly, its the first thing you'd do but Barbara said at about 8.30 that she wasn't going to switch to Phil to save herself, its daft but unlikely to be wolfie

Barbara WW wrote: »

Unless Phil is on your wolfie team and Lucy wasn't?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

My thoughts on the Striga thing, she either never bit, ie she wasn't online, there were 3 no posters alternatively there was a task day 0. There was only 100ish posts so ill start there

Interesting, first 50 posts, this from Jake
    Jake WW wrote: »
    It will be good fun by the looks of it and to add to atmosphere I have the music of Toss a coin to your Witcher on in background, good song very catchy chorus, have heard about 20 or 30 times at this stage and it doesnt't lose it but I have found myself though tryng to match up other characters to the song so far have only managed two;

Toss a coin for Calanthe
    Queen of bravery grandmother of Ciri
    Toss a coin for Calanthe
    She’s known for her bravery,

Toss a coin for your Ciri
    Granddaughter of Calanthe, Queen of bravery
    She is Geralt’s destiny

trying to fit all the characters of the game

Weird post from Liam I don't really understand
    Witchery weakening sees the sheep are gathering
    Set the trap, hypnotize, now you follow...

Conor WW wrote: »
    Long ago there were three pigs
    Little handsome piggy wigs
    For the big, bad the very big, very bad wolf
    They did not give three figs
    This nursery rhyme is soooo rude

Number one was very gay
    And he built his house with hay
    With a hey hey toot he blew on his flute
    And he played around all day

Now number two was fond of jigs
    And so he built his house with twigs
    Hey, diddle diddle he played on his fiddle
    And danced with lady pigs

Number three said, "Nix on tricks
    I shall build my house with bricks"
    He had no chance to sing or dance
    'Cause work and play don't mix

Alright day 0 has a lot of tasky looking posts looking back

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Interesting, first 50 posts, this from Jake

Weird post from Liam I don't really understand

Metallica lyrics.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Morning villagers. Sorry I'm late to the party, I had very important 'Sitting On The Couch Watching Movies' to do yesterday. It was a tough. But I'm here now and ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work.
    Eva WW wrote: »
    I’d never heard of it until it was on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Unfairly compared with GOT, it’s nothing like it, I certainly don’t see them as good comparisons. It took me a couple of episodes to get into it but I think it was the catchy “toss a coin” song that got me excited... Mucho excited.

Two posts might be fairly innocous, I just find the quotation marks weird in both of these posts

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Alright day 0 has a lot of tasky looking posts looking back

Who’s afraid of the big bad wolf lyrics :D

Frank quoted Liam’s Metallica lyrics by posting a quote by Fr Jack. I quoted franks Fr Jack post by quoting who’s afraid of the big bad wolf lyrics.

I thought I was possibly quoting the bard, Frank and offering a slight cover. Turns out Frank hoodwinked the wolves by covering the real bard.

That’s my take on why they munched him.

Jake WW wrote: »
    It will be good fun by the looks of it and to add to atmosphere I have the music of Toss a coin to your Witcher on in background, good song very catchy chorus, have heard about 20 or 30 times at this stage and it doesnt't lose it but I have found myself though tryng to match up other characters to the song so far have only managed two;

Toss a coin for Calanthe
    Queen of bravery grandmother of Ciri
    Toss a coin for Calanthe
    She’s known for her bravery,

Granddaughter of Calanthe, Queen of bravery
    She is Geralt’s destiny

trying to fit all the characters of the game
    Eva WW wrote: »
    I’d never heard of it until it was on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Unfairly compared with GOT, it’s nothing like it, I certainly don’t see them as good comparisons. It took me a couple of episodes to get into it but I think it was the catchy “toss a coin” song that got me excited... Mucho excited.

Toss a coin mentioned by both, Jakes seems like a very handy way to get toss a coin in one single post 5 times

5 times to get those words in a single post is weird!

I'm starting to notice a number of spelling mistakes in posts so probably time to step back! Based on that I'm not loving Jake

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Frank quoted Liam’s Metallica lyrics by posting a quote by Fr Jack. I quoted franks Fr Jack post by quoting who’s afraid of the big bad wolf lyrics.

I thought I was possibly quoting the bard, Frank and offering a slight cover. Turns out Frank hoodwinked the wolves by covering the real bard.

who is the real bard? is it me? first I've heard of it!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Angus
    Ewan
    HOLLY
    Gertrude
    Barbara

Voted to kill off a villager.

I hate this nonsense, especially after the first lynch. How do you know all the rest of us didn't vote to kill a villager too?

I'm out for the night. Have an appointment in the morning, so probably be around lunch time when I next check in.

who is the real bard? is it me? first I've heard of it!

At the time of posting those lyrics I didn’t know who might be the bard. I posted to add some confusion. Since Frank was returned NRV I’m convinced he was munched because the wolves thought he was the bard. I said as much after munch.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I thought Conor switching was weird if I'm totally honest, and me with my single vote on Eva was doing sweet FA so moved to my next strongest read.

Missed this post. You thought my switching off a player only I was voting for was weird but your single vote on Eva was ok to switch off?

One rule for you and another for me even though we done the same thing?

Abigail WW wrote: »
    I hate this nonsense, especially after the first lynch. How do you know all the rest of us didn't vote to kill a villager too?

I'm out for the night. Have an appointment in the morning, so probably be around lunch time when I next check in.

Well, you certainly did.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Just got kids to bed after a long snuggles, prob earliest for awhile so gonna get some partner time (watching narcos , get your heads out of the gutter) in as I’ve either been working Most of the day..

Sleep well all

Advertisement