Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Or he forced wolves to move their votes to protect another. If Phil is roled, we need to trust him to play his role as presumably he knows more about it than we do.

This. I don't see a scenario where Phil is a wolf yet. Munch should be illuminating.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    I wasn't at risk haha.

I couldn't be lynched last night and I can't be munched this morning.

Yeah but you understand we only have your unverified word to go on? So excuse my scepticism or lack of faith.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Yeah but you understand we only have your unverified word to go on? So excuse my scepticism or lack of faith.

That's fair enough. I can't quibble with that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Look, confidence play aside, the bottom line here is if you are indeed a rolled villager, voting for yourself in a lynch where you are at risk of being lynched is INSANE.

A talented and famous bard, Jaskier spends his days now as Geralt’s musical biographer. A good bard never lets the truth overcome a great story and Jaskier is known to take artistic license with his tales. This brings he and Geralt fortunes through their journeys and quests.

there could be something there and phil was trying to get lynched. who knows?

lets see if the wolves munch him and go from there.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

not entirely unverified.

if he is falsely claiming what we think he is, there is a real one out there somewhere.

this will resolve itself at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I’ve got to go do stuff. Phil, I’ve been doing your legwork for you. I’m suspicious of Barbara and Vernon still. Looks like they planted the Phil seeds. I think they are a team. I’m only up as far as 2:30 yesterday so if I’m munched someone continue.

#IFIMDEADREADTHIS

11:22 Derry quotes Abi asking how those reads are going. This is start of reads confusion as Abi explicitly says she is rereading the OP.

11:26 Phil responds to Derry saying Abi posted them a page back. If Phil is who we think he is this appears to be part of mistruth task.

11:30 Derry replies to Phil saying she doesn’t think Abi did.

11:47 Derry checks Abi’s posts and confirms she didn’t do what Phil said she did. Thanked by Nigel.

11:51 Barbara goes back to a post from Vernon on Sunday where he asked Phil when was his (vernons) first post. This is to do with Phil saying to Vernon “that’s the second time you’ve posted)

11:52 Barbara quotes Derry’s post that confirmed Abi didn’t say what Phil said she did. Barbara says it’s interesting that Phil has made mistake on both Vern and Abi.

12:19 Vernon quotesBarbaras post above saying Phil never answered. Calls out Phil.

12:32 Barbara quotes Conor re convo about her Gabriel suspicions. Mentions that along with Gabriel, Phil’s posts have stood out to her.

12:43 Barbara votes Gabriel

13:00 Derry asks Babs about her vote on Gabriel explains it was because of Gabs reaction. Says her other suspicion is Phil for his mistake.

13:30 Phil replies to Vernons call out. Says if he (Frank) had read the thread he’d see he had apologised (mistruth)

13:32 Vernon responds that his misses stuff and apologises to Phil.

13:37 Gabriel quotes Phil’s use of the phrase “gang handed”.

13:38 Vernon quotes Barbara’s/Phil’s posts (re apologising) asking question was Barbara **** stirring. But also says having said that he can’t find Phil’s clarification.

13:40 Phil responds to Vernon re Barbara ****stirring saying he can’t answer for other people.

13:47 Orla quotes Vernons call out to Phil. Asks did Phil ever clarify.

13:48 Cernon replies to Orla saying few posts above.

13:49 Phil responds to Orla asking does anybody read the thread.

13:50 Orla replies to Vernon saying thanks

13:53 Emily quotes vernons call out post saying it seems very suspicious (Phil)

13:57 Phil quotes Emily saying it’s even more suspicious that she didn’t read 10 posts above.

13:59 Phil puts Orla and Emily onto his FFA because they didn’t bother reading a few posts above.

14:03 Emily responds that she was on a wind up due to smiley face. (In fairness, the smiley face doesn’t show properly for me and I know that’s a boards glitch).

14:03 Derry quotes Phil’s post about Vernon mistake asking “and the Abigail mistake?”

14:04 Phil quotes Emily apologising saying smiley didn’t appear.

14:05 Phil quotes Derry asking what Abi mistake.

14:07 Jake says they are new to the game but asks does Phil/Derry interaction seem fabricated.

14:09 Derry replies to Phil quoting Abi posts. Wonders did Phil cover for abi and they are in a backroom together.

14:09 Jake says he meant to add Vernon to fabricated interactions.

14:10 Orla quotes Phil re reading thread and says she has searched but can’t find posts Phil’s says are there.

14:12 Orla quotes Phil’s FFA post calling it defensive

14:14 Emily replies to Jake saying unlikely Phil/Derry convo fabricated

14:15 Conor replies to Jake saying Derry/Phil team unlikely

14:17 Conor says they won’t be jumping on Phil bandwagon and asks would wolves make mistakes like that.

14:18 Orla responds to Conor saying it’s the response that is interesting.

14:19 Barbara quotes all Phil’s posts.

14:20 Orla thanks Babs

14:21 Patrick asks Conor what he meant by mistakes.

14:24 Derry quotes both Orland and Patrick’s “mistakes like what” posts by just saying hmmmmmm

14:25 Barbara quotes Orla asking why Phil would go to such lengths to deny his mistake.

14:26 Conor replies to nobody in particular asking why a wolf would make such blatant mistakes.

14:26 Emily quotes Babs all of Phil’s posts post. Saying he didn’t do what he said he did (words to the affect).

14:27 Emily replies to Conor saying why would anybody though.

14:27 Barbara replies to Conor saying why would anybody though.

14:30 Barbara says she does see conors point. Why would a baddy act as Phil has.

14:34 Orla quotes Patrick saying she’s not really liking him.

14:37 Patrick quotes Orla asking why as he was first to notice Phil’s Vernon posted twice post and it’s the very thing Orla now is suspicious of with Phil.

14:43 Orla apologises to Patrick acknowledging he was first.

14:56 Orla says if Phil bad not good look for Abi based on Derrys post.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

You didn't though, you just said I was top of your list of suspicious. No real reasons why. I didn't feel the need to engage because you weren't throwing out any real accusations I felt I could address.

I said my piece on you and nothing you posted really changed that. Did you want me to make an inference on your posts about "Peter Tingle" or you shaving?

But you voted for me at 19.21, shortly enough after a post about Phil. In the 4/5 hours prior to that you don't mention me at all either. Then you don't post your reasoning for suspicions about me for another hour, getting quite close to the lynch time. Surely at 19.21 you've decided that I'm your most wolfy suspect, why were you not trying to trip me up as you put it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

State of Play

N0 20 Players 15 v 3 v 2 All Alive (6 RV + 1 ARV + 8 NRV) + 3 Wolves + 2 Monsters
    D1 19 Players 14 v 3 v 2 Frank Munched NRV (6 RV + 1 ARV + 7 NRV) + 3 Wolves + 2 Monsters
    N1 18 Players 13 v 3 v 2 Lucy Lynched NRV (6 RV + 1 ARV + 6 NRV) + 3 Wolves + 2 Monsters

This might be worth continuing if I'm dead. I know as it gets later into the game people can forget who is around and who isn't.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

#FFA2
    Posting this now in case I get munched:

I could very well be missing something here that's obvious to more experienced players but here's some of my thoughts on yesterday:

Phil: several very strange posts early on which he was called on, he subsequently made a representation of being a "very powerful villager". Did he have a task to make those type of posts, vote for himself,etc.? If he is a villager, surely the wolves are going to get him (or leave him for us to lynch?). On the other hand, is he a baddie and with no way out after the first couple of mistakes, did he decide to make an elaborate play as an important villager?

Barbara: Early questioning of Phil gave way to backing Phil and going so far as to say that she'd let herself be killed rather than switch to him. Was she giving support to a fellow baddie by "believing" his story as being on the village side?

Angus: popped in at 2048 to say he'd be voting but that he'd wait until the last minute to decide. Later used this post to justify the tactic by saying he was upfront about what he was going to do which is true on the one hand but also means that rather the deciding on who he wants out, he wanted to retain control over who gets elminated.

Holly: very few posts although she did justify this with some details. Voting for Lucy (2nd vote for Lucy at the time so not part of the late rush) on the basis of very little interaction puts her in the spotlight for me.

Conor: Voted Abigail at 2040 which seemed like it was out of the blue, no justification given. Then changed to Barbara at 2054, justification was that a single vote on Abigail was wasted.

Liam: Very late vote (2059) on Holly when she had no other votes - why wait so late and then use your vote like that?

Going deep on Jake this morning. Quotes have gone a little out of order so bare with me.
    Jake WW wrote: »
    Including 6 in the first FFA creates a lot of fluff for those looking for good reasons for all 6 could you narrow it down now to 3 or put them in two groups a sides and b sides? So we can debate them

Asking Conor to narrow his FFA down
    Ok was trying to multiquote Conor as he could be Columbo with the multiple threads quoting everyone else but I have a tingle and it is niggling

First attempt to ISO a fellow player. technical difficulties.

[QUOTE=WHat are the benefits of Phil doing this? Is it a task?[/QUOTE]

Questioning Phills mistakes. sensible enough
    So just Phil nothing official

Then completly dismisses it, no follow up.

[QUOTE=Amazingly long multi quote list of Conor's post[/QUOTE]

If you look closely, this stops being an ISO fairly quickly and just becomes a list of things that have been said. Almost no analysis.
    Christ that nearly killed me!!

Right so Conor likes to chat but in lots of chat there is hiding in plain sight and obfuscation. It has my hackles up.

So can't pick anything ou of that list to suspect Conor but still has a bad felling.
    I would presume as a healer her powers stay with her but not sure to be honest
    So everyday there is a munch, a monster hit and lynch?

Nothing mechanics talk.
    Just a tally of all posts so far, good to have lots of info

Conor WW 32
    Barbara WW 19
    Liam WW 15
    Jake WW 15
    Phil WW 13
    Derry WW 13
    Frank WW 13
    Nigel WW 11
    Gabriel WW 10
    Orla WW 9
    Patrick WW 9
    Vernon WW 9
    Lucy WW 8
    Eva WW 7
    Stu Redman 6
    Angus WW 4
    Emily WW 2
    Gertrude WW 1
    Holly WW 1
    Abigail WW 1
    Show Thread & Close Window

More fluff that looks more useful than it is.
    Ok still learning game, but the back and forward between Phil and Derry, does it look fabricated? Just I have seen in previous games where people squabble and end up being on same team. Still trying to figure it out.
    Sorry meant to include Vernon as first Vernon then Derry both squabbly interacting with Phil, is it a stunt or genuine questioning. I suppose everything can look guilty on first day

Only point where he looks outside Conor.

I feel something very wrong here. Both Conor and Jake had soft bard posts a the start. Conor since then at least has more a village feel to me. Jake is pure fluff, filler and did a half hearted ISO, and a weak push on Conor.

In my mind I feel there is a wolf between those two, but looking back on his posts I would strongly urge lynching Jake tonight.

P.S. Conor not cleared yet but Jake first.

• Advertisement

Abigail WW was next on the Nilfgaardian agenda.

Thinking she saw a friend of hers in the distance, Abigail approached to see a familiar face, yet it was somehow different and...off.

The tip of a sword blitzed through her back and out through her chest before she knew what was happening. The face in front of her was now different, one she didn't know at all and now never would.

Abigail WW was killed.

She was
    ***NRV***

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Ok, so heres what I can see looking at the voting history last night

Time Nominee voter
    1243 gabriel Barbara
    1800 eva Ewan
    1812 barbara Patrick
    1843 barbara Vernon
    1847 conor Lucy
    1853 phil Abigail
    1902 phil Phil
    1921 barbara gabriel
    1928 lucy Gertrude
    1945 lucy Holly
    1951 barbara Nigel
    1954 conor Jake
    1955 phil emily
    2004 gabriel vernon
    2031 jake derry
    2034 liam Eva
    2040 abigail Conor
    2047 liam Orla
    2054 barbara conor
    2055 angus Orla
    2057 lucy Ewan
    2059 holly Liam
    2059 lucy angus
    2059 lucy barbara

So 24 votes cast over the course of the day. 11 of those were cast in the last hour. 5 voters had more than 1 vote across the day (Barbara, Ewan, Conor, Orla, Vernon) . Of the Lucy votes the first came at 19.28 but she was stuck on two votes until 2057 whe a flurry of three votes (Ewan, Angus, Barbara) pushed her top

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I said my piece on you and nothing you posted really changed that. Did you want me to make an inference on your posts about "Peter Tingle" or you shaving?

But you voted for me at 19.21, shortly enough after a post about Phil. In the 4/5 hours prior to that you don't mention me at all either. Then you don't post your reasoning for suspicions about me for another hour, getting quite close to the lynch time. Surely at 19.21 you've decided that I'm your most wolfy suspect, why were you not trying to trip me up as you put it?

Well if you think me saying Peter Tingle or talking about shaving were suspicious then yeah, I do kinda expect you pull me up on those if they're adding to your case against me. Should you not be trying to get people to agree that I'm dodgy as fcuk?

Having being deprived of their n0 feast, Striga struck out with a ravenous vengeance for the Monsters.

She spotted Derry WW and Conor WW nearby, and didn't even have a second thought about instantly going for them.

Conor WW was bitten. However, Striga made a strong attempt to get at Derry WW, but just couldn't get close.

Conor WW has been bitten and may die tonight at 9pm

Triss Merigold may choose to act if she wishes.

Strange that we have not had any monster bites yet. I find it hard to believe that would all be happening off thread.

Oh

Wonderful timing Derry. Nice one dodging that bite! Must be your swift feet.

Well if you think me saying Peter Tingle or talking about shaving were suspicious then yeah, I do kinda expect you pull me up on those if they're adding to your case against me. Should you not be trying to get people to agree that I'm dodgy as fcuk?

I didn't think they were suspicious, they weren't adding to my case. That's my point I picked out the thing that I was most suspicious of and it was brought up a fair amount over the day. I think it is fairly clear that most people didn't agree with me, and indeed were more suspicious of me for how I pointed it out. You're going down a do as I say not as I do type route though. You ignored my question about your suspicions.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Strange that we have not had any monster bites yet. I find it hard to believe that would all be happening off thread.

200_d.gif

Abigail WW was next on the Nilfgaardian agenda.

Thinking she saw a friend of hers in the distance, Abigail approached to see a familiar face, yet it was somehow different and...off.

The tip of a sword blitzed through her back and out through her chest before she knew what was happening. The face in front of her was now different, one she didn't know at all and now never would.

Abigail WW was killed.

She was
    ***NRV***

Jerry-Lawler-a5c9.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C362&ssl=1

Your death shall not be in vain.

• Advertisement

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I didn't think they were suspicious, they weren't adding to my case. That's my point I picked out the thing that I was most suspicious of and it was brought up a fair amount over the day. I think it is fairly clear that most people didn't agree with me, and indeed were more suspicious of me for how I pointed it out. You're going down a do as I say not as I do type route though. You ignored my question about your suspicions.

Yup, hands up, I totally ignored the question. Mostly because I'm not suspicious enough about you to really push for a lynch of you. But I'm just not comfortable with your posting, you seem to be half heartedly targeting me and to me its just coming across as a wolf who's too scared to push too hard on someone. Like you're afraid of making too many waves or bringing too much attention to yourself.

ALIVE TUESDAY AM
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Conor WW Bitten by Striga
    Derry WW Attempted Bite by Striga
    Emily WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Jake WW
    Liam WW
    Nigel WW
    Orla WW
    Patrick WW
    Phil WW
    Vernon WW
    DEAD
    Frank WW NRV Munched
    Lucy WW NRV Lynched
    Abigail WW NRV Munched

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Yup, hands up, I totally ignored the question. Mostly because I'm not suspicious enough about you to really push for a lynch of you. But I'm just not comfortable with your posting, you seem to be half heartedly targeting me and to me its just coming across as a wolf who's too scared to push too hard on someone. Like you're afraid of making too many waves or bringing too much attention to yourself.

Well that plan is going swimmingly isn't it? I was close to being lynched last night.

But on the hedging:

I'm pretty clear what I find suspicious about you, I post as much but have some reservations because I don't think your post makes you definitely a wolf. Some people think that is hedging my bets, fair enough but I think it is showing my whole thought process. I vote for you, although changed to save myself and lynched Lucy.

Now you are suspicious of me and I must be your top suspect if you voted to lynch me, and wonder why I'm not pushing too hard against you. When you have literally just said, about your top suspect "Mostly because I'm not suspicious enough about you to really push for a lynch of you". And I get accused of hedging?

So do the village want to come together to decide if Conor is saved or not?

Derry WW wrote: »
    So do the village want to come together to decide if Conor is saved or not?

My vote is save.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Well that plan is going swimmingly isn't it? I was close to being lynched last night.

But on the hedging:

I'm pretty clear what I find suspicious about you, I post as much but have some reservations because I don't think your post makes you definitely a wolf. Some people think that is hedging my bets, fair enough but I think it is showing my whole thought process. I vote for you, although changed to save myself and lynched Lucy.

Now you are suspicious of me and I must be your top suspect if you voted to lynch me, and wonder why I'm not pushing too hard against you. When you have literally just said, about your top suspect "Mostly because I'm not suspicious enough about you to really push for a lynch of you". And I get accused of hedging?

Sorry folks, that was me. Apologies mods :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

So are we going to talk about the Derry thing? You be sure as sh!t the wolves are before someone jumps at me for bringing it up.

My reading is he could be Gerry, he could be BG or he could be the wolf the black knight. The OP is ambiguous on the black knight but from reading it I’d think he could need a double push to be killed

So three scenarios, in the first two the nilfs know he’s an RV

He’s Gerry - the BG protects him tonite
    He’s BG - he’s dead in the morning cause he can’t protect himself twice

He’s the black knight - we have a wolf

I don’t know what the right move here is, the nilfs have the upper hand with the info on this

On a separate note I think Conor should be saved

Barney92 wrote: »

But on the hedging:

MY EYES!

Ok so I'm an overly enthusiastic defensive hedger. You were my vote as yeah, you were the person I most suspected yesterday. That may change today but my point is that I think we're both equally suspicious of each other yesterday, enough to vote for each other and I didn't like how you dealt with it.

I would advise the King's council member Triss to ignore all 'village' advice and go with her instinct.

Way too many heathens still around to influence proceedings.

• Advertisement

I would lean towards saving Conor too.

Advertisement