Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Lucy 5 votes - Gertrude, Holly, Ewan, Angus, Barbara
    Barbara 4 votes - Patrick, Gabriel, Nigel, Conor
    Phil 3 votes - Abigail, Phil, Emily
    Conor 2 votes - Lucy, Jake
    Gabriel 1 vote - Vernon
    Jake 1 vote - Derry
    Liam 1 vote - Eva
    Angus 1 vote - Orla
    Holly 1 vote - Liam

Ok. So the nilfs went for a Phil voter leaving only Phil and Emily in that group. I’m still believing that Phil is good and I think the wolf’s would too so would they leave a wolf Emily exposed like that? I think not.
    Emily targeted by monsters so she can’t be one of them either, can she. Unless there’s a remote possibility that can target themselves but I really can’t go down that rabbit hole.
    Emily has to be good, right?

I was targeted by monsters so I aint one of them either. I was gonna offer myself up too but now I don’t need to.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    MY EYES!

Ok so I'm an overly enthusiastic defensive hedger. You were my vote as yeah, you were the person I most suspected yesterday. That may change today but my point is that I think we're both equally suspicious of each other yesterday, enough to vote for each other and I didn't like how you dealt with it.

Okay, but did you like how you dealt with it? Just because I see a fair amount of what you're accusing me of in your behaviour.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Gabriel 1 vote - Vernon
    Jake 1 vote - Derry
    Liam 1 vote - Eva
    Angus 1 vote - Orla
    Holly 1 vote - Liam

Ok. So the nilfs went for a Phil voter leaving only Phil and Emily in that group. I’m still believing that Phil is good and I think the wolf’s would too so would they leave a wolf Emily exposed like that? I think not.
    Emily targeted by monsters so she can’t be one of them either, can she. Unless there’s a remote possibility that can target themselves but I really can’t go down that rabbit hole.

I was targeted by monsters so I aint one of them either. I was gonna offer myself up too but now I don’t need to.

Huh?

Derry was targeted not Emily

Shnaking a looksee on my 20 min break, you guys should feel privileged

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    I would advise the King's council member Triss to ignore all 'village' advice and go with her instinct.

Way too many heathens still around to influence proceedings.

People talk about it, give reasons, we have info. Shutting down discussion does nothing to help us.

Triss can always decide for herself if she doesn't like what she sees.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Huh?

Derry was targeted not Emily

Shnaking a looksee on my 20 min break, you guys should feel privileged

Ah bollox. Scratch that then.

I ain’t no monster though.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    So do the village want to come together to decide if Conor is saved or not?

Looking at the numbers I think save is the best play here

17 left, 5 wolves means there's a 12/17 shot they're village and a 7/17 shot they're power village. If they were the kiki I guess it might be a way of revealing them but I'm not sure they be able to poison their own team. So far we've just lost nrvs so I think at the moment saving puts us in a good spot either way

Anyone see a flaw in my logic?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

People talk about it, give reasons, we have info. Shutting down discussion does nothing to help us.

Triss can always decide for herself if she doesn't like what she sees.

Obviously people are going to talk about it, that's natural and going to happen regardless, I'm just offering my personal take.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Gabriel 1 vote - Vernon
    Jake 1 vote - Derry
    Liam 1 vote - Eva
    Angus 1 vote - Orla
    Holly 1 vote - Liam

I wasn't targeted by monsters as far as I know

Vernon WW has been poisoned.

Unless healed, he will die 24 hours from this post

I think saving is probably the way to go too. Letting Conor die only makes sense if the healer thinks Conor is a wolf.

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote: »
    So are we going to talk about the Derry thing? You be sure as sh!t the wolves are before someone jumps at me for bringing it up.

My reading is he could be Gerry, he could be BG or he could be the wolf the black knight. The OP is ambiguous on the black knight but from reading it I’d think he could need a double push to be killed

So three scenarios, in the first two the nilfs know he’s an RV

He’s Gerry - the BG protects him tonite
    He’s BG - he’s dead in the morning cause he can’t protect himself twice

He’s the black knight - we have a wolf

I don’t know what the right move here is, the nilfs have the upper hand with the info on this

On a separate note I think Conor should be saved

Isnt it the Kiki who has two lives?

So do the village want to come together to decide if Conor is saved or not?

Hard to know with Conor, he has a huge amount of posts without really saying much. Voted for Abigail at 2040 without giving a reason and then switched to Barbara at 2054.

However, there are 12 villagers, 3 wolves and 2 monsters left so assuming he's not one of the 2 monsters biting themselves, there's an 80% chance that he's village so I'd vote to save

Striga

A formidable opponent. Each night the haunting Striga chooses 2 targets to attack, their fates to be revealed at 9pm in a potentially fatal outcome. Triss Merigold will have a chance to heal 1 target by 9pm.

Ambiguous wording, but I don't see anything that indicates a clear real poison/fake poison scenario. Tricky call.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Oh! Did the Striga get another go or is this a different poison?

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Oh! Did the Striga get another go or is this a different poison?

Different poison by the wording of it, Vernon has 24h rather than until 2100 tonight

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Well... I guess the healer has a dilemma now. I voted save Conor for similar reasons to Nigel but now we have 2 potential healees.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Okay, but did you like how you dealt with it? Just because I see a fair amount of what you're accusing me of in your behaviour.

Well I don't think I "dealt" with it at all is my point. I voted for you, said why on the thread and that was it. You just took a softly softly approach all day and then switched at the last minute to save yourself (which I don't blame you for).

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Well... I guess the healer has a dilemma now. I voted save Conor for similar reasons to Nigel but now we have 2 potential healees.

Nor really. Heal Conor now, wait until post munch then heal Vernon before 24 hours are up.

Anyone wanna own up to poisoning Vernon?

So the healer could in theory heal both, but that would prevent a healing of a striga tomorrow if they are still alive. The OP says the healing is striga related but I can't see any other healing mention so it must be her.

• Advertisement

Nor really. Heal Conor now, wait until post munch then heal Vernon before 24 hours are up.

And if Striga bites 2 more people tomorrow then it's a 1 in 3 dilemma unless Striga dies today.

#FFA2

Barbara - day 2 and my suspicions are still the same. Covered all angles with her Gabriel post. As far as I can tell, sowed the seeds on the Phil chat yesterday. Took a step back when the conversation got going, went in a couple of times to water that plant again and ensure it kept growing.

Vernon - played dumb yesterday when Phil said he had apologised to him. Even apologised to Phil for missing it. I’m not buying it, someone has me all wrong, I’m keeping tabs on them so why didn’t Vernon. Made a lame excuse about it. Got the shovel and watering can for Barbara. They were the first to change their vote off her too which I find interesting. I think they are a team and when the heat was really on, needed to find a way to get votes onto someone else.

I have no No3 yet. Need to complete my Phil analysis thing. See where that leads.

Just re-read the OP and I can't see any mention of poison anywhere. Does that means it's some sort of one-off power someone received for completing a task or something?

Conor - I think you should be able to work out why I kept Phil in my list of suspects but didn't really push him.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

#FFA2

Eva - brings up wolf tasks in a very specific way, still not sitting right with me.

Vernon - a bit of laziness on the thread asking about reasoning this morning when answers had already been given, think they're trying to play the good villager a little too hard

Jake - the tossing of a coin to a Witcher posts. If Eva is evil and slipped about the tasks we should look here next, or alternatively...

Conor - the rhyming and verses of Big Bad Wolf. Too obvious? Maybe not...

Emily WW wrote: »
    Different poison by the wording of it, Vernon has 24h rather than until 2100 tonight

If he has 24 hours does that mean he dies at next munch or at about 10.35 tomorrow. Could the healer have the best of both worlds and decide on Vernon tomorrow? Only issue would be that they'd have to pick 1 from 3 then but it might be an option at least

Emily WW wrote: »
    Just re-read the OP and I can't see any mention of poison anywhere. Does that means it's some sort of one-off power someone received for completing a task or something?

That’s my thinking. If it was anyone but Vernon or Barbara I’d say save them not me.

Theory time:

Fringilla Vigo
    The master Mage is largely responsible for the current devastation and might of Nilfgaard’s imperial reach. Her magic and manipulation have been a game-changer for them in their uprising. Here, Fringilla can choose a target each night and if they have a power, it will be temporarily blocked.

So, no Monster bite on day one.

Did the wolves luck out and find our bitey monster? If so then they probably didn't much them so they could help thin the village numbers.

Until Conor got bitten.

Now the wolves may be in danger of losing one of their number so they poisoned the person they know is the Bitey monster.

Plausible?

Theory time:

Fringilla Vigo
    The master Mage is largely responsible for the current devastation and might of Nilfgaard’s imperial reach. Her magic and manipulation have been a game-changer for them in their uprising. Here, Fringilla can choose a target each night and if they have a power, it will be temporarily blocked.

So, no Monster bite on day one.

Did the wolves luck out and find our bitey monster? If so then they probably didn't much them so they could help thin the village numbers.

Until Conor got bitten.

Now the wolves may be in danger of losing one of their number so they poisoned the person they know is the Bitey monster.

Plausible?

Where'd they get the poison?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

2. Monsters
    jZGgDsF.jpg?1

Striga

A formidable opponent. Each night the haunting Striga chooses 2 targets to attack, their fates to be revealed at 9pm in a potentially fatal outcome. Triss Merigold will have a chance to heal 1 target by 9pm.

If the Striga is killed, Team Monsters' kill attempts will switch to the standard 10am munch format.

[/TABLE]

Lads can we work backwards here for a minute

Striga didnt poison yesterday so either -

A - She wasnt online to post which leaves us three potentials in the no poster category

or

B- There was a task done for the first kill/poison

At this point, Ewan, Gertrude and Holly were the three who handed posted, could be wrong on that but from a quick skim back.

I lean towards option B to be honest but purely out of instinct.

Advertisement