Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Derry I'm not sure where you are getting that poison from?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Where'd they get the poison?

Same place phil got his peek? Task?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Vernon WW has been poisoned.

Unless healed, he will die 24 hours from this post

why TF have i been poisoned?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

On Phil, I thought he was claiming Vesemir yesterday subtly.

The gang handling (Kim Woodburn said this IIRC) thing and then the meme of Kim Woodburn from Big brother reminded me of Kim Bodnia getting the part of Vesemir for season 2 of the witcher. I thought it was a subtle claim for a character not in the OP but I could have been reaching. Just wanted to put it out there, could be purely coincidence but its why I wasnt buying him yesterday at all.

Conor WW wrote: »
    #FFA2

Barbara - day 2 and my suspicions are still the same. Covered all angles with her Gabriel post. As far as I can tell, sowed the seeds on the Phil chat yesterday. Took a step back when the conversation got going, went in a couple of times to water that plant again and ensure it kept growing.

Vernon - played dumb yesterday when Phil said he had apologised to him. Even apologised to Phil for missing it. I’m not buying it, someone has me all wrong, I’m keeping tabs on them so why didn’t Vernon. Made a lame excuse about it. Got the shovel and watering can for Barbara. They were the first to change their vote off her too which I find interesting. I think they are a team and when the heat was really on, needed to find a way to get votes onto someone else.

I have no No3 yet. Need to complete my Phil analysis thing. See where that leads.

sorry conor, you're way of the mark.

phil said he apologised, i took him at his word and apologised for missing it. i missed it cos it wasnt there.

• Advertisement

Vernon WW wrote: »
    why TF have i been poisoned?

Eh, interesting response, why wouldnt you be posioned?

looks like its up to triss to choose between me and conor, for saving?

The mage can heal one of the Striga's bites each day by use of her magical powers.

but i wasnt bitten, so much as poisoned

Orla WW wrote: »
    Eh, interesting response, why wouldnt you be posioned?

its more an incredulous response than anything else.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Poster FFA Post No.
    Liam Holly Ewan Eva (Low/no posters not FFA) #122
    Phil Orla & Emily - possible joke post #209
    Patrick Barbara, *Phil, Vernon, Liam, Abi, Lucy #260
    Conor Abigail, Barbara, Vernon #366
    Holly Lucy, Phil #445
    Nigel Barbara, Gabriel #452
    Jake Conor, Phil, Eva #468
    Barbara Gabriel, Lucy #474

So based on my reading back, very few people actually did a proper FFA yesterday and tbf I should include myself as I did one with 6 names. Of those who did, everyone voted from their FFA bar Phil who self-voted but as I've decided to temporarily trust Phil, I'm not going to focus on that.

Can we agree to proper FFAs today? By 7pm? And by proper I mean 3 names with reasons.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Ok so someone posted about Jake this morning and it totally made sense to me. I was looking back at Jake's posts and there are a few that are jumping out at me. This is one of his first posts and it was pointed out that if there was a task on N0 for the first kill, then this is a really easy way to get 'Toss a Coin' or 'Calanthe' or 'Ciri' into a single post. It just sticks out to me.
    Jake WW wrote: »
    It will be good fun by the looks of it and to add to atmosphere I have the music of Toss a coin to your Witcher on in background, good song very catchy chorus, have heard about 20 or 30 times at this stage and it doesnt't lose it but I have found myself though tryng to match up other characters to the song so far have only managed two;

Toss a coin for Calanthe
    Queen of bravery grandmother of Ciri
    Toss a coin for Calanthe
    She’s known for her bravery,

Toss a coin for your Ciri
    Granddaughter of Calanthe, Queen of bravery
    Toss a coin for your Ciri
    She is Geralt’s destiny

trying to fit all the characters of the game

Then these quotes:
    So everyday there is a munch, a monster hit and lynch?
    Ok still learning game, but the back and forward between Phil and Derry, does it look fabricated? Just I have seen in previous games where people squabble and end up being on same team. Still trying to figure it out.

Both kinda acting the noob, asking about mechanics but talking about previous games too. Seems a bit forced to me and not natural at all. He also does a massive ISO on Conor with nothing obviously suspicious in it but still says that he has suspicions on him and votes for him in the lynch.
    I think I'd be looking closely at Jake today on the back of these posts.

• Advertisement

#FFA2

1. Jake WW

See my ISO. We should lynch him.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    its more an incredulous response than anything else.

Meh, I dont know why you would be incredulous, you were poisoned because someone good thought you were evil or someone bad thought you were roled.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Ok so someone posted about Jake this morning and it totally made sense to me. I was looking back at Jake's posts and there are a few that are jumping out at me. This is one of his first posts and it was pointed out that if there was a task on N0 for the first kill, then this is a really easy way to get 'Toss a Coin' or 'Calanthe' or 'Ciri' into a single post. It just sticks out to me.

Yeah me, can everyone just go back and read the first 100 posts there is a lot in there to be unpacked with hindsight

Derry WW wrote: »
    #FFA2

1. Jake WW

See my ISO. We should lynch him.

So that'd be a no to proper FFAs then?

I did a big post this morning. read it then vote to lynch Jake.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Yeah me, can everyone just go back and read the first 100 posts there is a lot in there to be unpacked with hindsight

You're a good, humble, hardworking villager. I'm going to reduce your taxes. I said the same yesterday.
    Phil WW wrote: »
    The fact that nobody has actually paid attention to it is testament to how little work people are actually doing in the thread.

It should head as a warning to up yer efforts.

Derry WW wrote: »
    I did a big post this morning. read it then vote to lynch Jake.

The point of FFAs isn't just to lynch someone, it is to force people to talk, to defend themselves, to accuse others. Let's say you're right. We lynch Jake and he's a baddie. But nobody has been accusing others, nobody has had to defend themselves because of a nice wagon to sit comfortably on. What have we learned? Quiet villages are a dream for wolves.

Phil WW wrote: »
    You're a good, humble, hardworking villager. I'm going to reduce your taxes. I said the same yesterday.

Is the bard this annoying in the show? :P

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Yes actually.

No you have some sympathy for him and hes fairly funny. Completely the opposite of Phil

• Advertisement

The King's County Council shall convene at midday to decide if I will partake in an FFA.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I’ll add a third to mine once I’ve found No3

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Christ sake, I was getting into the spirit of the game and as I said was listening to the music and i have a habit of changing lyrics in real life and thiought ye would be amused.

Meanwhile out of the box first line Eva quotes THE SMITH and none of ye bad an eyelid!!! I highlight it by posting the video and no one else goes oh look thts weird. Then we have Conor who for no reason posts a weird poem on the 3 little pigs and draws attention to himself doing it, he was practically screaming look at me while he did it and because he makes a lot opf posts no one is LOOKINGS at him.

You also have Phil self declaeing himself a villager and ye sheep yeah yeh makes sense well didnt get the chance to post reasons for my FFA yesterday becuase of rl stufff but here they are #FFA1 for ye to find

I am not acting the noob Gabriel I have played a couple of times but I asked a question about something I didnt know. IT IS HOW YOU LEARN THESE GAMES OR DID YOU FORGET!!!!!! Good to be an expert but then iI know some people like rabbit holes and will chase me down them while ignoring the likes of EVA and CONOR

BTW having read and caught UP leave Conor to die just because he posts a lot he covers up his wolfishness in psots and as I leanrnt for another game wolves can be found with hogh post counts. I will say I think Eva and Conor are wolves, Phil I am still deciding and I might add more to that list later

No you have some sympathy for him and hes fairly funny. Completely the opposite of Phil

tax-cartoon.gif

Liam WW wrote: »
    Phil must be King Foltest or someone like that, no point voting for him.

Liam, the wording of this is puzzling to me. If Phil WAS Foltest, why would a villager say there was "no point" voting for him? Surely a villager would avoid voting for the BG. Could it be that this should have been posted in your BR?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Must go write rude poem post lots of rubbish and declare myself king apparently thats how you get a free ride

Must go write rude poem post lots of rubbish and declare myself king apparently thats how you get a free ride

FWIW, Phil isn't getting a completely free ride. I've not ruled out that he's wolfy af just yet but given all of our RVs are still alive, I'm ok to look elsewhere for now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29fc6afabb22cea053c72cc3c46021f5954fa00670&rid=giphy.gif

You’re not you when you’re hangry :D

Originally Posted by Liam WW View Post
    Phil must be King Foltest or someone like that, no point voting for him.

Liam, the wording of this is puzzling to me. If Phil WAS Foltest, why would a villager say there was "no point" voting for him? Surely a villager would avoid voting for the BG. Could it be that this should have been posted in your BR?

Have meetings for a bit, if Liam shows up can someone prod him about this please?

• Advertisement

You've already adorned the Kingdom of Werewolf with your literary gifts and have offered many an inane rambling in our alehouses.

Advertisement