Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    So that'd be a no to proper FFAs then?

I did mine already. I'm also gone now till prob after work

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    You've already adorned the Kingdom of Werewolf with your literary gifts and have offered many an inane rambling in our alehouses.

Thank you kindly Sir Self Declared, way to shade

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

The King's County Council shall convene at midday to decide if I will partake in an FFA.

can i join the council?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    can i join the council?

No.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

No.

why not?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Ewan was a bit defensive in explaining his vote for Lucy to me, quoting a post from a few pages back very quickly. His reasoning was she was a bit cheeky to Gertrude. I didn't think that was a good enough reason to vote for Lucy and I didn't understand the reasoning at all behind her lynch.
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    I thought Conor switching was weird if I'm totally honest, and me with my single vote on Eva was doing sweet FA so moved to my next strongest read.

The question should be asked again- why does Ewan find Conor's switch from Abigail to Barbara weird but his own switch from Eva to Lucy not weird?

In his defence, Ewan has since made some reasoned posts.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    Definitely interesting reading in those swicharoos.

Definitely, but why was this post thanked by Patrick, Gertrude and Phil? Were they trying to deflect attention from themselves?
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    I had a very specific reason for not switching to Phil. That did not apply to Lucy.
    This post was thanked by Angus and followed with...
    Angus WW wrote: »
    Thanks for explaining

Odd. She didn't explain anything. Followed belatedly by a token accusation...
    Unless Phil is on your wolfie team and Lucy wasn't?
    What a head melt, sorry Lucy but your response to me stunk. If I had to I'd vote you again out of everyone. ?

So Gertrude would vote for Lucy again even after realising it was a villager? Odd.
    Emily WW wrote: »
    Hard to know with Conor, he has a huge amount of posts without really saying much.

Odd thing to say again. Conor has said a lot actually.
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    Liam, the wording of this is puzzling to me. If Phil WAS Foltest, why would a villager say there was "no point" voting for him? Surely a villager would avoid voting for the BG. Could it be that this should have been posted in your BR?

I thought King Foltest was a good guy? Who is BG? No abbreviations please, I don't watch the Witcher.

[QUOTE=Liam WW;113295283
    I thought King Foltest was a good guy? Who is BG? No abbreviations please, I don't watch the Witcher.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering meself but wont ask because apparently asking questions makes you look dodgy as feck

yep so King Foltest is good right? why would i vote for him?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

BG is Body Guard

so King Foltest is a roled villager and the BG (bodyguard)? so why is Patrick asking me why i didn't want to lynch him?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

@Liam, can you explain why you voted the way you did? You waited until the very last minute of voting and then voted for someone who had 0 votes at that point?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Thanks Jake for confirming my suspicions. There's no need for that extreme reaction to accusations. It's just a game.

simple. i decided to vote for the person with the least number of posts.

i couldn't make my mind up on anyone else. no one stood out.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

All posts from just prior to lynch starting with Gabriels enterance

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Morning villagers. Sorry I'm late to the party, I had very important 'Sitting On The Couch Watching Movies' to do yesterday. It was a tough. But I'm here now and ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work.

I really feel this is shoehorned in but no idea why or what it means

Jake WW wrote: »
    Bless you Gabriel you martyr, someone had to do it
    Straight away, quick reply

Frank WW wrote: »
    Ah they all come out of the woodwork for munch time don't they:/
    Frank notes it before dying 30 seconds later

Frank WW wandered around gathering supplies and foraging for the week ahead, there was a war coming and everyone needed to be prepared to do their part.

This moment came earlier in his life than Frank WW hoped it would. He may not have been quite ready for it but rather than turn and run, he stood strong and faced his destiny.

HnCiGed.jpg?1

Frank WW was killed.

He was
    ***NRV***
    Ok Frank you're dead now but I still think this bears addressing. Of course I'm here for the munch, it's a well known game action that I, as a player, am interested in. Why wouldn't you be interested in who gets munched at 10am? Unless you already know who's going to die (*caveat - obviously Frank is not a wolf and I'm not casting aspersions on his goodly self) and don't feel the need to be engaged in the game?

So this is where I am a little worried about Gab, 2nd post of the game, post munch is addressing Frank while hedging that obviously Frank is good. He highlights of courst he will come online for the munch even if he was too busy yesterday to get on.

So that was the Nilfgard kill, the Striga still needs to bite 2 people?

A minute later has identified it was a Nilfgard kill and highlights we are waiting the Striga bites. What interests me is someone who has only been on game thread for ten mins at this stage has digested the OP and wrote a relatively detailed reply to Frank. He could have read the OP but he digested it very well for someone not on thread at all.

Looks like it. Who those 2 players are is declared at lynch time so that healer can decide who to heal.

Don’t know when they would have to have made their selection by though. If their main man dies, they revert to munches which is a night action.
    Conor had been posting a lot so not an outlier in posting around munch IMO

That’s what it looks like, 9pm for the strings
    1 of Angus very few posts was shortly after munch which is a little interesting too

You picked the wrong bard, wolfies. Fr Jack Hackett aka Frank Kelly, isn’t in Witcher :D
    So everyday there is a munch, a monster hit and lynch?

Jake playing the newb a little bit with this response IMO

I have bad leans on:
    Jake
    Gabriel
    Ewan
    Angus (cant forget his crazy prelynch comment)

Oral Gabriels quote, did you put the Sitting on couch watching movies in quotes?

One definite (I think) piece of information we have is that the poison which was used on Vernon wasn't part of the OP.

As such, then it seems likely that it was earned as part of a task. So who looks like they may have completed a task?

Phil - all the strange posts
    Jake - tossing a coin
    Anyone else?

One definite (I think) piece of information we have is that the poison which was used on Vernon wasn't part of the OP.

As such, then it seems likely that it was earned as part of a task. So who looks like they may have completed a task?

Phil - all the strange posts
    Jake - tossing a coin
    Anyone else?

Conors piggy song and Eva's quote from the song Every day is like Sunday by The Smiths

Liam WW wrote: »
    simple. i decided to vote for the person with the least number of posts.

i couldn't make my mind up on anyone else. no one stood out.

Why wait until the very last second though? It looks to me like you were keeping your vote in case you needed to save a teammate

the tossing a coin wasnt a task it was the song lyrics sorry it didnt entertain i was doing it for fun because i was happy to be playing the game

• Advertisement

Oral Gabriels quote, did you put the Sitting on couch watching movies in quotes?

Nope, it was in quotes

Orla WW wrote: »
    Nope, it was in quotes

ok, thanks thats weird

Orla WW wrote: »
    All posts from just prior to lynch starting with Gabriels enterance

I really feel this is shoehorned in but no idea why or what it means

It means I was watching movies so I wasn't on the thread. That's it.

So this is where I am a little worried about Gab, 2nd post of the game, post munch is addressing Frank while hedging that obviously Frank is good. He highlights of courst he will come online for the munch even if he was too busy yesterday to get on.

If you look at the timings of the munch post I think it's obvious that I had already seen that Frank was NRV. That's why I said he wasn't a wolf. There was 5 minutes between the munch post and my post to Frank.

A minute later has identified it was a Nilfgard kill and highlights we are waiting the Striga bites. What interests me is someone who has only been on game thread for ten mins at this stage has digested the OP and wrote a relatively detailed reply to Frank. He could have read the OP but he digested it very well for someone not on thread at all.

I identified this as a Nilfgard kill because of the photo of the Black Knight in the post. Nothing else. There was 89 posts before the munch post. So it didn't require a ton of reading to catch up on the thread. Just because my first post was at 9.58 doesn't mean I hadn't been catching up since 8.30.

Was there a conclusion to your post or were you just putting things out there?

What about Holly? First she talks about going to a birthday party then she's about taking a guinea pig to the vet or something? Meanwhile she has barely said a word. We shouldn't ignore her just cause she doesn't post.

Why wait until the very last second though? It looks to me like you were keeping your vote in case you needed to save a teammate

Waiting to the last second to see if anything could change my mind. i was at risk at one stage of getting lynched i think? who would i be looking to save?

what i want to know is:

A. Why did Orla change her vote from me to Angus?
    B. Why did Eva vote for me?

Was there a conclusion to your post or were you just putting things out there?

Yeah its weird, if you were catching up from 8.30, you were probably finished by 9, would you not put something substantial in, you know incase you were going to die rather than wait till 2 mins before munch to put a fairly innocuous post in really.

Waiting to the last second to see if anything could change my mind. i was at risk at one stage of getting lynched i think? who would i be looking to save?

what i want to know is:

I changed to Angus because he put in a relatively stupid post a few mins before lynch and I looked at his previous 3 other posts which didnt fill me with confidence. You were next to useless till you started getting a bit of heat and started posting more. Long may it continue

what i want to know is:

Because Angus stated he was going to wait until the last minute to cast his vote

Something substantial like what? There had been nothing but fluff on the thread up to then. I had nothing to comment on. I was just checking in.

• Advertisement

What about Holly? First she talks about going to a birthday party then she's about taking a guinea pig to the vet or something?

She didn't say either of those things.....

Advertisement