Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

oh right that was abigail and holly asked her about it.

everyday is like sunday

mentioned by eva and posted by jake.

so in the video a girl walks around looking at people eating meat...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Something substantial like what? There had been nothing but fluff on the thread up to then. I had nothing to comment on. I was just checking in.

Your thoughts on what was posted! Your first post with the quotation marks sits weirdly with me. Maybe thats my problem but it felt forced and rushed pre 10am. I am putting all my thoughts on here to be dissected

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Your thoughts on what was posted! Your first post with the quotation marks sits weirdly with me. Maybe thats my problem but it felt forced and rushed pre 10am. I am putting all my thoughts on here to be dissected

No that's totally fine, I'm happy to be challenged. The quotation marks were a joke about how I did nothing on Sunday but wasn't on the thread. I didn't find anything in my reading that stuck out to me, I had no suspicions, nothing to go on, nothing to point out. So I posted a 'hi' message, which is basically what everyone does for their first post in a game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Morning/afternoon everybody,

Have quite a bit to catch up on and digest last night. Had an early night and was hoping to get up early but my body said no! :o

I’ll be on for the day so bear with me while I gather my thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    everyday is like sunday

to highlight she said it and was weird i should have been clearer at time instead of just saying Morrisey did

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

I don't really think Gabriel's quotation marks around the watching movies was odd. The defensive post replying to dead Frank was the thing that made me slightly suss about him

A minute later has identified it was a Nilfgard kill and highlights we are waiting the Striga bites. What interests me is someone who has only been on game thread for ten mins at this stage has digested the OP and wrote a relatively detailed reply to Frank. He could have read the OP but he digested it very well for someone not on thread at all.

Re: Gabriel.

I think he could have been reading the thread for longer than 10 mins. People don't necessarily post within the first ten minutes they're online.

I don't think his reply to Frank was detailed at all, although the timing was weird.

I don't think the OP is that complicated that he couldn't get the gist fairly quickly. He makes an unsure statement with a question mark? He doesn't make a statement of fact.

I think Abi got munched because of this post here! All the below were the people online at the time however it could have been picked up on a read back aswell.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    What's this nonsense Phil. I know you're not the seer so why exactly would we care if you declare Orla to be a NRV?
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    Emm, I've not moved on to Phil Conor. I've still got Gabriel top of my list. I made my feelings about Gabriel fairly clear and then moved on to look at others.
    Lucy WW wrote: »
    I ran to make dinner, hope you don't feel too lonely!

And the last point you made, there is a difference in going for a low poster for lynch against someone who hasn't bothered turning up for the game at that point. I used the term disinterested villager. I would have rather risked that on a NON poster than going for a low poster. It's a chance you take with every lynch and hope you don't accidently lynch a roled villager.

Need me to hold your hand and mansplain it more for you?
    I suppose that could explain it
    Role hunting pal?
    Phil WW wrote: »
    Quieten down, the real villagers are talking.
    You just made a big song and dance about announcing that she is a villager!
    Jake WW wrote: »
    So just Phil nothing official
    Eva WW wrote: »
    Have been working this afternoon and head is a bit melted, so will try and catch up before Lynch...
    Derry WW wrote: »
    You know we have a character the shows as NRV when peeked right?
    Conor WW wrote: »
    Has anybody read the OP?
    I'm voting Phil for now. Didn't read as a wolf earlier in the day, but this kind of nonsense isn't needed. I'd rather vote for him and be wrong than take out a RV by mistake
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    No idea. Real seer doesn't get peek till later AFAIK. Prize; dicking about or wolf.
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    it may be, but im reserving judgement for the minute
    Its day 1 Phil. Why would you claim a role on DAY ONE?
    Derry WW wrote: »
    NAKEDNESS
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    S02E06-o5YNgilw-subtitled.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Have meetings for a bit, if Liam shows up can someone prod him about this please?

@liam

I think Patrick wants to know why you said “there’s no point voting for him” as it’s the way you phrased it.

• Advertisement

No that's totally fine, I'm happy to be challenged. The quotation marks were a joke about how I did nothing on Sunday but wasn't on the thread. I didn't find anything in my reading that stuck out to me, I had no suspicions, nothing to go on, nothing to point out. So I posted a 'hi' message, which is basically what everyone does for their first post in a game.

What movies did you watch on Sunday?

Re: Gabriel.

I think he could have been reading the thread for longer than 10 mins. People don't necessarily post within the first ten minutes they're online.

I don't think his reply to Frank was detailed at all, although the timing was weird.

I don't think the OP is that complicated that he couldn't get the gist fairly quickly. He makes an unsure statement with a question mark? He doesn't make a statement of fact.

Gab said he was reading from half 8

My initial statement about the OP was that if he had of only just come on at 9.58, posted three times and digested the OP given the Frank reply would have taken a minute or two to type up is impressive. Gab has said he was catching up since half 8 so really doesnt matter now

Morning/afternoon everybody,

Have quite a bit to catch up on and digest last night. Had an early night and was hoping to get up early but my body said no!

why is everyone obsessed with telling people what time they'll be around and what time they're going to bed etc.? is this some sort of 'it couldn't be me, i was busy' tactic?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

I think Abi got munched because of this post here! All the below were the people online at the time however it could have been picked up on a read back aswell.

I'd agree. As soon as Abi said it I thought it'd get a few wolfy nostrils twitching. It was exacerbated when she doubled down on voting for me.

Maybe it was intentional and she took one for the team.

I’ve gone through all of yesterday afternoon up until I said that the timeline should be reviewed. I won’t bother posting it right now but my conclusion is I need to look in the following posters for the No3 slot in my FFA.

Angus WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Holly WW
    Liam WW
    Nigel WW

Some were there yesterday but more posts since then. Chat you all later with me reads.

@liam

I think Patrick wants to know why you said “there’s no point voting for him” as it’s the way you phrased it.

i don't undertand? i'm a villager so what's the point voting for a villager?

seems like a very weird question for patrick to ask.

Can I ask is Phil cleared as a villager? Or is it just his word?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

why is everyone obsessed with telling people what time they'll be around and what time they're going to bed etc.? is this some sort of 'it couldn't be me, i was busy' tactic?

What? No, it's not a tactic it's being transparent about where you're at. If everyone is obsessed with it as you say then surely it's not a tactic.

I've literally just woke up and am wrecked tired, if I just mysteriously appeared on the thread and started posting stuff about the game you'd probably find that as suspicious too. Can't win either way really

everyday is like sunday

remember Eva brought this song up and Jake posted its video in response.

suspicious lyrics in BOLD.

Trudging slowly over wet sand
    Back to the bench where your clothes were stolen
    This is the coastal town
    That they forgot to close down
    Armageddon, come Armageddon!
    Come, Armageddon! Come!

Everyday is like Sunday
    Everyday is silent and grey>>>>>what's silent and grey? wolves?
    Hide on the promenade
    Etch a postcard :
    "How I Dearly Wish I Was Not Here"
    In the seaside town
    That they forgot to bomb
    Come, come, come, nuclear bomb
    Everyday is like Sunday
    Everyday is silent and grey >>>>>>>>wolves?
    Trudging back over pebbles and sand
    And a strange dust lands on your hands
    (And on your face)
    (On your face)
    (On your face)
    (On your face)
    Everyday is like Sunday
    "Win yourself a cheap tray"
    Share some greased tea with me
    Everyday is silent and grey>>>>>>>>.wolves?

Conor, one from left field here! Did you poison Vernon?

• Advertisement

Jake WW wrote: »
    Can I ask is Phil cleared as a villager? Or is it just his word?

His word, no counter claim yet!

I will say this, he is remarkably persistent

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

What movies did you watch on Sunday?

I watched Spiderman: Far from Home (hence the Peter Tingle comments later) and a documentary about Sam Cooke.

ANGUS

Nilfs/Monsters stuff
    Angus WW wrote: »
    Hello all

Detailed OP

It doesn’t specifically say it but I presume the Nilfs have a kill each day too?
    The other crew have their 50/50 kill

Nilfs/Monsters stuff
    That’s what it looks like, 9pm for the strings

Responses to me
    @Conor - what about my two posts so far has me on your longlist of FFA candidates?
    Because I'm working, I'm on my lunch now so I'm here, I'll be back this evening.

I asked a question yesterday about the munches cause it wasn't in the OP

Making it known they won’t be on a Phil lynch
    There is always some headbanger at this craic on D1 and usually it’s some villager who thinks it’s a good move. It literally never is. We end up lynching them and then wonder afterwards why they acted like they did.

Two games ago though someone was at this, voted for themselves in a one and done vote and actually was a wolf

Hard to know with Phil, I’ll probably stay off him this evening and see how it plays out

On the nilfs/monsters again
    There’s nothing to suggest there’d be a task for first kill. The nilfs clearly had theirs at 9am and as per the OP I’d expect the we’ll get an announcement at 9pm on two people being attacked by the strings

Response to Phil
    Apart from Abbi and yourself who have actually voted for you?

Mentions what Barbara might do making it known they won’t vote there. He says Phil claimed BG & Seer. Phil never did. So he is going to vote for someone with 2 votes. Why Lucy though? What was the reasoning?
    Just back on, I'll be voting obviously

I dont see Barbara as being an obvious wolf, her refusing to self-pres while daft is a good look

Phil - like I said earlier, head the ball, claiming BG & seer

So I'll likely vote one of the people on 2 votes

Distancing from Barbara
    So Barbara decided to self-pres after all?

Want to explain that one Babs?

Has no reason to pick Lucy the villager it’s all about saving Babs and Phil. I’d like to know more about why Lucy?
    I'm one of the Lucy voters, I was upfront about what my plan was. I know people won't like it as a tactic but I know I'm villager so it makes sense to me. I know it'll draw heat on me but everyone has to play the game the way they see fit

I could be 100% wrong but I wasn't feeling Barbara or Phil as wolves so as I said I voted to save those two, Lucy was the one I was least gone on but its day 1 so no one can be half ways sure about anything

Incidentally part of my reasons for believing Barbara was her refusal to switch to Phil but then she did switch to Lucy, so I'll have to think on that.

Replying to Barbara who said she would self pres if it was anyone bar Phil. Only her word for it now as Phil didn’t happen.
    Thanks for explaining

We’ve only Barbara’s word that she wouldn’t have done that. Late votes meant someone else was for the chop as the votes on Barbara were already in.
    Exactly, its the first thing you'd do but Barbara said at about 8.30 that she wasn't going to switch to Phil to save herself, its daft but unlikely to be wolfie

Distance from Barbara again
    Unless Phil is on your wolfie team and Lucy wasn't?

Talk of monsters times again.
    Very quiet thread overnight

I know we lost two NRVs yesterday but as D1s go that’s not the worst result considering we’ve two wolf teams and it’s a turkey shoot D1

I’m very surprised we weren’t notified about who the two attacked by Stringa are, that’s very unusual, unheard of even but someone here yesterday was very confident we wouldn’t be told about it, I’ll have to go through yesterday’s posts later to find that

No sign of Gerry yesterday which means he used the protect I presume, says there’s a cool down of 36 hours, I’m not sure how that works

The seer got her first peek last nite, I’m sure they’ll leave breadcrumbs for us at some stage

Hmmmm is Angus throwing Derry to the other wolf team here?
    So are we going to talk about the Derry thing? You be sure as sh!t the wolves are before someone jumps at me for bringing it up.

My reading is he could be Gerry, he could be BG or he could be the wolf the black knight. The OP is ambiguous on the black knight but from reading it I’d think he could need a double push to be killed

So three scenarios, in the first two the nilfs know he’s an RV

He’s Gerry - the BG protects him tonite
    He’s BG - he’s dead in the morning cause he can’t protect himself twice

He’s the black knight - we have a wolf

I don’t know what the right move here is, the nilfs have the upper hand with the info on this

On a separate note I think Conor should be saved

Thank you for saying I should be saved. It’s the right call.

Can someone else look at Angus? This is all of his posts to save you searching again. I’m reserving judgement right now as I just don’t know.

Conor, one from left field here! Did you poison Vernon?

I did not.

remember Eva brought this song up and Jake posted its video in response.

suspicious lyrics in BOLD.

Trudging slowly over wet sand
    Back to the bench where your clothes were stolen
    This is the coastal town
    That they forgot to close down
    Armageddon, come Armageddon!
    Come, Armageddon! Come!

Everyday is like Sunday
    Everyday is silent and grey>>>>>what's silent and grey? wolves?
    Hide on the promenade
    Etch a postcard :
    "How I Dearly Wish I Was Not Here"
    In the seaside town
    That they forgot to bomb
    Come, come, come, nuclear bomb
    Everyday is like Sunday
    Everyday is silent and grey >>>>>>>>wolves?
    Trudging back over pebbles and sand
    And a strange dust lands on your hands
    (And on your face)
    (On your face)
    (On your face)
    (On your face)
    Everyday is like Sunday
    "Win yourself a cheap tray"
    Share some greased tea with me
    Everyday is silent and grey>>>>>>>>.wolves?

As you said Eva brought it up.

I posted the video to show I knew where she got it as I thought it was a strange first post, the next time I will know to give a better explanation. It just stood out to me as I am a Smiths fan, sorry I Know, but I temper it by being more of a Curehead.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

I’ve gone through all of yesterday afternoon up until I said that the timeline should be reviewed. I won’t bother posting it right now but my conclusion is I need to look in the following posters for the No3 slot in my FFA.

Angus WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Holly WW
    Liam WW
    Nigel WW

Some were there yesterday but more posts since then. Chat you all later with me reads.

Please do read my posts, I feel like the invisible man here. Posted my FFA and all and nothing :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

5ea6b0fa978dc.jpg

The King's Court is now in session.

Bailiff, please bring forth the first defendant...Emily.

Emily, you seem rather bullheaded with your suspicions of Phil. You have claimed your reasons centre around his odd posts yesterday. Given that it is widely accepted among other participants that these posts were intentional, why do you persist with your belief that they are not?

You’re next after Eva.

Want to make yourself useful? Search all instances of (I’m not going to say it just in case I’m accused of tasking), the title song to the Witcher. Orla did you already do that? If so, how many separate players said the actual words.

This mornings OP from the mods says something like “seeing as the monsters missed out” there might be something in this competition for first kill thing but I doubt both teams would have to do the same thing. They’d put each other if that were the case.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

You’re next after Eva.

Want to make yourself useful? Search all instances of (I’m not going to say it just in case I’m accused of tasking), the title song to the Witcher. Orla did you already do that? If so, how many separate players said the actual words.

This mornings OP from the mods says something like “seeing as the monsters missed out” there might be something in this competition for first kill thing but I doubt both teams would have to do the same thing. They’d put each other if that were the case.

On the phone so the search functionality isn't great. I will take a peek into it after work though if that suits.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

@ Phil, as I posted earlier:
    Phil: several very strange posts early on which he was called on, he subsequently made a representation of being a "very powerful villager". Did he have a task to make those type of posts, vote for himself, etc.? If he is a villager, surely the wolves are going to get him (or leave him for us to lynch?). On the other hand, is he a baddie and with no way out after the first couple of mistakes, did he decide to make an elaborate play as an important villager?
    Also, yesterday you posted that Orla was on your FFA but then shortly afterwards, you declared her to be a villager.

While I accept that it could be that you're on a task, I also think that there's a possibility that you're doing a huge bluff so you're still on my list

Advertisement