Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    @ Phil, as I posted earlier:

Also, yesterday you posted that Orla was on your FFA but then shortly afterwards, you declared her to be a villager.

While I accept that it could be that you're on a task, I also think that there's a possibility that you're doing a huge bluff so you're still on my list

The purpose of the bluff at this stage being to flush out the true BG (if that's who you're claiming to be)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

@ Phil, as I posted earlier:

Also, yesterday you posted that Orla was on your FFA but then shortly afterwards, you declared her to be a villager.

While I accept that it could be that you're on a task, I also think that there's a possibility that you're doing a huge bluff so you're still on my list

Orla was indeed atop my FFA which is why I had a gander.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    What about Holly? First she talks about going to a birthday party then she's about taking a guinea pig to the vet or something? Meanwhile she has barely said a word. We shouldn't ignore her just cause she doesn't post.

I didn't say either of those things. Is this why you voted for me at 20:59?
    She didn't say either of those things.....

tenor.gif?itemid=4516982

Taken me over an hour to catch up and I need to do some work now, but will be here most of the day.

I have an FFA in mind but don't want to post it without proper reasoning, so will look through some posts after (late) lunch and post my FFA

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Post it now Holly. You can change it later. Let’s see where your heads at.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Post it now Holly. You can change it later. Let’s see where your heads at.

Nah, I'm only happy that I'm attributing correct quotes to 2/3 right now. Will post with evidence after I eat an omelette

• Advertisement

@Holly, why did you vote for Lucy?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Nah, I'm only happy that I'm attributing correct quotes to 2/3 right now. Will post with evidence after I eat an omelette

What, like a plain omelette?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Derry re my Iso, it was my first one I thought I had done enough by commenting on Conor's and Phils behaviour hopefully the next one will be better, but that was exhausting, I dont know how people do them.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Reading back I don't need an explanation from Eva why she voted for me. She already explained. This is an interesting point.
    Eva WW wrote: »
    Ironic that somebody mentioned the movie "knives out" because in it the entire family are just throwing shade on each other and back stabbing when they get the chance.

Gabriel brought up Knives Out. Oddly, Eva used this as a stick to bash me rather than Gabriel.
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    No that's totally fine, I'm happy to be challenged. .
    What movies did you watch on Sunday?

took a long time to respond. did he go look at the TV mag for Sunday?
    Or was Knives out the movie he was watching? Either way, it doesn't look good.
    giphy.gif

Eva posts magazine with a dog on it. Dogs are related to wolves.
    I’d never heard of it until it was on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Unfairly compared with GOT, it’s nothing like it, I certainly don’t see them as good comparisons. It took me a couple of episodes to get into it but I think it was the catchy “toss a coin” song that got me excited... Mucho excited.

Eva uses word 'Mucho' which is close to 'munch'. Odd word to use.
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    Just watched the first couple of episodes myself. It's good. And that tune is an earworm.

Patrick, Eva, Jake...why so obsessed with the tune 'toss a coin'?
    Frank wrote:
    They lie in wait like wolves. The smell of blood in their nostrils. Waiting. Interminably waiting. And then... AND THEN.....

Conor's response to Frank...
    Long ago there were three pigs
    Little handsome piggy wigs
    For the big, bad the very big, very bad wolf
    They did not give three figs

Frank munched.
    It’s not that confusing, Juicy Lucy.

Conor calls Lucy 'Juicy Lucy'. Odd.

Today is not a good day for there to be so many posts :D

I have been rushed off my feet, have a call in a few minutes, won't get to eat.

Or did she eat after all? now she tells us she's off to eat an omelette? obsessed with eating! what else is she eating i wonder? is holly ever going to post anything of substance?

Seems to me like Vernon has posted nothing of great substance. Odd that he was poisoned.

Poseted yesterday before Vernon was poisoned...
    So who was poisoned today ?

Poisoned? how did Eva know about poison?
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Striga
    A formidable opponent. Each night the haunting Striga chooses 2 targets to attack, their fates to be revealed at 9pm in a potentially fatal outcome. Triss Merigold will have a chance to heal 1 target by 9pm.

If the Striga is killed, Team Monsters' kill attempts will switch to the standard 10am munch format.

That reads to me like an order is placed at 10am, while the healer is alive an announcement won't be made till 9pm. I would have expected a standard Orla WW and Phil WW have been poisoned kinda mod post this morning

Poison mentioned by Orla? how did Orla know about poison?
    From OP:
    A formidable opponent. Each night the haunting Striga chooses 2 targets to attack, their fates to be revealed at 9pm in a potentially fatal outcome.

I was assuming that the 2 poisoned people would be announced by mods on the thread. Maybe not though? Has anyone been informed that they've been bitten or attacked?

Poison mentioned by Gabriel? how did Gabriel know about poison?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

What a head melt, sorry Lucy but your response to me stunk. If I had to I'd vote you again out of everyone.

Serious amount of information to be gained from tonight. What was with all the switching in the last ten minutes?
    So Gertrude would vote for Lucy again even after realising it was a villager? Odd.

I'm up as far as this from this morning. Just to clarify Liam I meant if in the same position with the same information I had yesterday I would vote for Lucy again. Meaning I stood by my reasoning at the time not knowing Lucy was a villager

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=Liam WW;113296499

Patrick, Eva, Jake...why so obsessed with the tune 'toss a coin'?
    [/QUOTE]

It is the tune from the series, i put it on waiting for thread to start to add atmosphere and it was repeating, so I started playing with the lyrics, something I like to do with songs, and posted my efforts for amusement, there was no thinking in it apart from people might find it amusing. In hindsight I should just have kept it to myself. I did try to do it on other characters on the series to see could they fit the tune, to amuse myself, but obvs wont be posting them to thread now.

I didn't say either of those things. Is this why you voted for me at 20:59?

Nope, I voted for you because you were conspicuous by your absence.

Two early votes for Jake from Gabriel and Derry based on very little. Strange.

Jake WW wrote: »
    It is the tune from the series, i put it on waiting for thread to start to add atmosphere and it was repeating, so I started playing with the lyrics, something I like to do with songs.

so what other songs have you rearranged?

Nope, I voted for you because you were conspicuous by your absence.

Two early votes for Jake from Gabriel and Derry based on very little. Strange.

Gabriel I think voted because he felt I overreacted this morning, post tones can be hard to read, Derry I havent a clue, he didnt post an FFA yesterday could be anything

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Liam I think you might be going down a bit of a paranoid wormhole here.

took a long time to respond. did he go look at the TV mag for Sunday?
    Or was Knives out the movie he was watching? Either way, it doesn't look good.

It's lunchtime. I was away making my lunch. Ok? I wasn't watching Knives Out on Sunday but I did watch it the previous weekend and I've been going on about it to my family ever since coz I really enjoyed it.

Eva posts magazine with a dog on it. Dogs are related to wolves.

Oh Liam. :pac:

Poison mentioned by Gabriel? how did Gabriel know about poison?
    I didn't know about the poison. If you read the post you'll see I interchanged poison and bitten and infected all at the same time. They were the same thing in my head at the time. I didn't know there was a separate 'poison' thing. You are bitten by a Striga and are infected by their poison.

so what other songs have you rearranged?

Hands that bulit America U2
    A varitey by Sinead O Connor
    The Cure
    The Beatles
    Hot House Flowers
    and a host of other groups,

I write plays, songs, poetry stories, adapt plays and write articles in spare time and have been lucky enough to have had some published, articles not songs, still working on that

give us a snippet of a beatles song and a cure song with different lyrics

The Striga attempted to bite Derry so that makes him either:

a) Kikimora - Can be lynched on first attempt, but any other kill attempts will take 2 to eliminate such a foe
    b) Geralt - this is a ward (self-protect spell) which Geralt can use when threatened

b) seems unlikely - why would Geralt have this spell in play? which leaves only a)? Or is there another possibility?

I didn't know about the poison. If you read the post you'll see I interchanged poison and bitten and infected all at the same time. They were the same thing in my head at the time. I didn't know there was a separate 'poison' thing. You are bitten by a Striga and are infected by their poison.

But i quoted the whole post above. You didn't interchange anything. You haven't used the word 'infected' in the thread. You have used the word 'bitten' once. Search can tell me that. Prove me wrong.

^^response to gabriel.

• Advertisement

a) Kikimora - Can be lynched on first attempt, but any other kill attempts will take 2 to eliminate such a foe
    b) Geralt - this is a ward (self-protect spell) which Geralt can use when threatened

b) seems unlikely - why would Geralt have this spell in play? which leaves only a)? Or is there another possibility?

BG protected me.

Or Derry was protected by the BG overnight?
    But i quoted the whole post above. You didn't interchange anything. You haven't used the word 'infected' in the thread. You have used the word 'bitten' once. Search can tell me that. Prove me wrong.
    Sorry I didn't mean infected, I meant attacked. I didn't have my quote in front of me when I was answering you.

Nope, sorry Liam because I am not going down that rabbit hole with you and they aren't great quality, it is just someting I have always done, I just presume people who listen t music a lot do that, I also have a habit of looking for maths in things and practicising sums in my head as I go through the day, it is just a thing I like to do.

Derry WW wrote: »
    BG protected me.

Do you think that or do you know that as a fact?

Liam makes an interesting point about the use of the word poison. First mentioned by Gabriel @ 1027 yesterday; then by Orla @ 1946 and then immediately afterwards by Eva @ 1946. Is this a term that's been used in previous games? Or are they displaying inside knowledge of something?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Or Derry was protected by the BG overnight?

That was quite a quick leap to Derry's aid. Very chivalrous.

And noteworthy.

giphy.gif

Do you think that or do you know that as a fact?

It's the only thing that makes sense going through the OP.

Striga

A formidable opponent. Each night the haunting Striga chooses 2 targets to attack, their fates to be revealed at 9pm in a potentially fatal outcome.

Maybe the bites are randed?

Phil WW wrote: »
    That was quite a quick leap to Derry's aid. Very chivalrous.

And noteworthy.

Well only because I've been thinking about it since this morning but wasn't going to mention it on the thread.

Derry WW wrote: »
    It's the only thing that makes sense going through the OP.

Striga

Maybe the bites are randed?

If you think the BG protected you, any insights as to why he/she would have chosen you?

• Advertisement

If you think the BG protected you, any insights as to why he/she would have chosen you?

Probably agree with me that Jake is a wolf.

Advertisement