Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    The Striga attempted to bite Derry so that makes him either:

a) Kikimora - Can be lynched on first attempt, but any other kill attempts will take 2 to eliminate such a foe
    b) Geralt - this is a ward (self-protect spell) which Geralt can use when threatened

b) seems unlikely - why would Geralt have this spell in play? which leaves only a)? Or is there another possibility?

Why would the monsters attack each other? Thought they were on the same team?

Could Derry be Fringilla Vigo and temporarily block the power of the Striga?
    Here, Fringilla can choose a target each night and if they have a power, it will be temporarily blocked.

So Derry choose the Striga last night so the Striga wasn't able to attack? Don't think that makes sense.

Could Derry be King Foltest and protect himself with the army?

Or is Derry Triss, Ciri, Yennefer, Gestalt and protected by the king? There are more possibilities than you suggest.

Jake WW wrote: »
    It is the tune from the series, i put it on waiting for thread to start to add atmosphere and it was repeating, so I started playing with the lyrics, something I like to do with songs, .
    Liam WW wrote: »
    so what other songs have you rearranged?
    Hands that bulit America U2
    A varitey by Sinead O Connor
    The Cure
    The Beatles
    Hot House Flowers
    and a host of other groups,
    give us a snippet of a beatles song and a cure song with different lyrics
    Nope, sorry Liam because I am not going down that rabbit hole with you and they aren't great quality, it is just someting I have always done, I just presume people who listen t music a lot do that, I also have a habit of looking for maths in things and practicising sums in my head as I go through the day, it is just a thing I like to do.

It's not really a rabbithole is it? Just sounds like you made it up. Duly noted.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Why would the monsters attack each other? Thought they were on the same team?

Could Derry be Fringilla Vigo and temporarily block the power of the Striga?

So Derry choose the Striga last night so the Striga wasn't able to attack? Don't think that makes sense.

Could Derry be King Foltest and protect himself with the army?

Or is Derry Triss, Ciri, Yennefer, Gestalt and protected by the king? There are more possibilities than you suggest.

Oh yeah, Kikmora and Striga are on the same team (monsters) so Derry is not that.

From reading the OP, it reads like Fringilla Vigo can block a power so I'd have thought it was the entire power that would be blocked.

Yes, he could be King Foltest.

If he's one of the others you mention, how would the King know who he was in order to protect him?

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I watched Spiderman: Far from Home (hence the Peter Tingle comments later) and a documentary about Sam Cooke.

what channels were those films on?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

what channels were those films on?

*sigh* they weren't on terrestrial TV, they were obtained through completely legal methods (cough) and streamed to my TV. Unfortunately I didn't think to livestream the show to you personally. My apologies.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, Kikmora and Striga are on the same team (monsters) so Derry is not that.

From reading the OP, it reads like Fringilla Vigo can block a power so I'd have thought it was the entire power that would be blocked.
    well it says 'temporarily'. how long i wonder?
    Emily WW wrote:
    If he's one of the others you mention, how would the King know who he was in order to protect him?

I thought some of the roled villagers knew each other? So King Foltest has power to protect but has no idea who anyone is? Sounds like a crapshoot.

I thought some of the roled villagers knew each other? So King Foltest has power to protect but has no idea who anyone is? Sounds like a crapshoot.

That's the way I would read it but I'm not 100% sure tbh, it makes it much easier if he knows who to protect

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

The Striga attempted to bite Derry so that makes him either:

a) Kikimora - Can be lynched on first attempt, but any other kill attempts will take 2 to eliminate such a foe
    b) Geralt - this is a ward (self-protect spell) which Geralt can use when threatened

b) seems unlikely - why would Geralt have this spell in play? which leaves only a)? Or is there another possibility?

As others have noted I don't think the monsters would attack each other. Would seem like a bizarre play, very bizarre.

well it says 'temporarily'. how long i wonder?

I think some of the rolled villagers may know each other if things play out well.

I see Barbara thanked Gabriel's post 816 above and she voted to lynch Gabriel yesterday before switching to Lucy. she's changing her attitude to gabriel in a hurry. hmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

It will be good fun by the looks of it and to add to atmosphere I have the music of Toss a coin to your Witcher on in background, good song very catchy chorus, have heard about 20 or 30 times at this stage and it doesnt't lose it but I have found myself though tryng to match up other characters to the song so far have only managed two;

Toss a coin for Calanthe
    Queen of bravery grandmother of Ciri
    Toss a coin for Calanthe
    She’s known for her bravery,

Toss a coin for your Ciri
    Granddaughter of Calanthe, Queen of bravery
    Toss a coin for your Ciri
    She is Geralt’s destiny

trying to fit all the characters of the game

Eva WW wrote: »
    I’d never heard of it until it was on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Unfairly compared with GOT, it’s nothing like it, I certainly don’t see them as good comparisons. It took me a couple of episodes to get into it but I think it was the catchy “toss a coin” song that got me excited... Mucho excited.

The only two posts that mentioned toss an oul piece of metal till I raised it last night on a read back looking for tasks

Orla WW wrote: »
    Toss a coin mentioned by both, Jakes seems like a very handy way to get toss a coin in one single post 5 times

Weirdly looking back, Ewan never made reference to Jake about the tossing coin thing right up until the FFA this morning. Makes me a little wary of Ewan reading the FFA now

Ewan WW wrote: »
    #FFA2

Eva - brings up wolf tasks in a very specific way, still not sitting right with me.

Vernon - a bit of laziness on the thread asking about reasoning this morning when answers had already been given, think they're trying to play the good villager a little too hard

Jake - the tossing of a coin to a Witcher posts. If Eva is evil and slipped about the tasks we should look here next, or alternatively...

Conor - the rhyming and verses of Big Bad Wolf. Too obvious? Maybe not...

Gabriel then posted about it but was a bit more in depth

Ok so someone posted about Jake this morning and it totally made sense to me. I was looking back at Jake's posts and there are a few that are jumping out at me. This is one of his first posts and it was pointed out that if there was a task on N0 for the first kill, then this is a really easy way to get 'Toss a Coin' or 'Calanthe' or 'Ciri' into a single post. It just sticks out to me.

Then these quotes:

Both kinda acting the noob, asking about mechanics but talking about previous games too. Seems a bit forced to me and not natural at all. He also does a massive ISO on Conor with nothing obviously suspicious in it but still says that he has suspicions on him and votes for him in the lynch.
    I think I'd be looking closely at Jake today on the back of these posts.
    the tossing a coin wasnt a task it was the song lyrics sorry it didnt entertain i was doing it for fun because i was happy to be playing the game

Jake defending himself

Reading back I don't need an explanation from Eva why she voted for me. She already explained. This is an interesting point.

Gabriel brought up Knives Out. Oddly, Eva used this as a stick to bash me rather than Gabriel.

took a long time to respond. did he go look at the TV mag for Sunday?
    Or was Knives out the movie he was watching? Either way, it doesn't look good.

Eva posts magazine with a dog on it. Dogs are related to wolves.

Eva uses word 'Mucho' which is close to 'munch'. Odd word to use.

Patrick, Eva, Jake...why so obsessed with the tune 'toss a coin'?

Conor's response to Frank...

Frank munched.

Conor calls Lucy 'Juicy Lucy'. Odd.

Or did she eat after all? now she tells us she's off to eat an omelette? obsessed with eating! what else is she eating i wonder? is holly ever going to post anything of substance?

Seems to me like Vernon has posted nothing of great substance. Odd that he was poisoned.

Poseted yesterday before Vernon was poisoned...

Poisoned? how did Eva know about poison?

Poison mentioned by Orla? how did Orla know about poison?

Poison mentioned by Gabriel? how did Gabriel know about poison?
    Where did Patrick post about it Liam? He didnt come up on my search

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

It's not really a rabbithole is it? Just sounds like you made it up. Duly noted.

That because it suits your narrative to think that but I have no reason to make it up as I am talking about real life there so I dont lie about real life and it was an honest answer, I do rewrite lyrics always have, I write my own songs, poetry etc going back to 5th class when I started keeping the stuff and I have had articles published. You asked a question I answered and now you are trying to twist it.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    As others have noted I don't think the monsters would attack each other. Would seem like a bizarre play, very bizarre.

There is prizes on offer for elimination of full teams, to be honest, if one evil team knows the other they will be pushing to get them lynched rather than killing them themselves. Gets village kudos and keeps the kill rate ticking along

I see Barbara thanked Gabriel's post 816 above and she voted to lynch Gabriel yesterday before switching to Lucy. she's changing her attitude to gabriel in a hurry. hmmm.

I thanked it because I found it amusing. They're still in contention for a lynch vote tonight.

There is prizes on offer for elimination of full teams, to be honest, if one evil team knows the other they will be pushing to get them lynched rather than killing them themselves. Gets village kudos and keeps the kill rate ticking along

The monsters seem to be one team so they wouldn't get a bonus if they die.

Where did Patrick post about it Liam? He didnt come up on my search

he said something about a tune being an earworm. i think it was to do with toss a coin.

Liam makes an interesting point about the use of the word poison. First mentioned by Gabriel @ 1027 yesterday; then by Orla @ 1946 and then immediately afterwards by Eva @ 1946. Is this a term that's been used in previous games? Or are they displaying inside knowledge of something?

^that's what i want to know.

I thanked it because I found it amusing. They're still in contention for a lynch vote tonight.

FWIW I've given you a bye today as I think Jakey boy is more suspicious and I was mostly satisfied with our discussion this morning.

i don't know if anyone can do a post count? i know it's hard work.i'm going to have to look at those who don't seem to be posting much

holly
    nigel
    vernon
    ewan
    angus
    patrick
    gertrude

and those who voted for Lucy

ewan was cheeky to gertrude
    holly no explanation
    gertrude was cheeky to gertrude?
    barbara to save her own skin?
    angus no explanation?

who is common to both groups? gertrude, ewan, holly, angus

User Name|Posts
    Conor WW |94
    Phil WW |71
    Orla WW |70
    Barbara WW| 67
    Liam WW |53
    Jake WW |52
    Patrick WW| 51
    Ewan WW |47
    Gabriel WW| 43
    Derry WW |43
    Vernon WW| 42
    Gertrude WW| 40
    Emily WW |36
    Eva WW |20
    Nigel WW| 20
    Abigail WW| 18
    Angus WW |15
    Frank WW |13
    Lucy WW |11
    Holly WW |6

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

you know mount vernon was the plantation of George Washington, the first President of the United States? not saying i'm the president or anything like that :P

Gabriel wrote:
    I wasn't watching Knives Out on Sunday but I did watch it the previous weekend and I've been going on about it to my family ever since coz I really enjoyed it.

KNIVES OUT
    Wealthy crime novelist Harlan Thrombey invites his family to his Massachusetts mansion for his 85th birthday party. The next morning, Harlan's housekeeper Fran finds him dead, with his throat slit. The police are convinced it was suicide, but an anonymous party pays private detective Benoit Blanc to investigate.

Blanc learns that Harlan's relationships with his family were strained: he threatened to expose his son-in-law Richard for cheating on his wife Linda, cut off his daughter-in-law Joni's allowance for stealing from him, fired his younger son Walt from his publishing company, and had an altercation with his black sheep grandson Ransom.

The makers of Knives Out say it got its title from the Radiohead song.

Lyrics are violent and mention dogs.

I want you to know
    He's not coming back
    Look into my mouth
    I'm not coming back
    So knives out
    Cut him up
    Don't look down
    Shove it in your mouth
    If you'd been a dog
    They would have drowned you at birth
    Look into my mouth
    It's the only way you'll know I'm telling the truth
    So knives out
    Cut him up
    Squash his head
    Put him in the pot
    I want you to know
    He's not coming back
    His blood is frozen
    Still there is no point letting it go to waste
    So knives out
    Catch the mouse
    Squash his head
    Put him in the pot

the plot thickens...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

right, i need to get my head in the game. i only have about 18 hours of life left. i'll start a timer.

maybe triss will save me? who knows?

Okay, Gabriel may be near the top of my suspects but that seems a stretch Liam.

User Name|Posts
    Conor WW |94
    Phil WW |71
    Orla WW |70
    Barbara WW| 67
    Liam WW |53
    Jake WW |52
    Patrick WW| 51
    Ewan WW |47
    Gabriel WW| 43
    Derry WW |43
    Vernon WW| 42
    Gertrude WW| 40
    Emily WW |36
    Eva WW |20
    Nigel WW| 20
    Abigail WW| 18
    Angus WW |15
    Frank WW |13
    Lucy WW |11
    Holly WW |6

thanks. I was wrong on some posters.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

i don't know if anyone can do a post count? i know it's hard work.i'm going to have to look at those who don't seem to be posting much

holly
    nigel
    vernon
    ewan
    angus
    patrick
    gertrude

and those who voted for Lucy

ewan was cheeky to gertrude
    holly no explanation
    gertrude was cheeky to gertrude?
    barbara to save her own skin?
    angus no explanation?

who is common to both groups? gertrude, ewan, holly, angus

Liam I'm here, I'm just compiling my FFA and cross referencing posts in another tab. I've responded to all your posts about me and you never responded back. Nobody has said anything directly to me so I'll continue with what I'm doing until I have it all ready or someone asks me a question.

That's not the reason I voted for Lucy either, if you read my posts you'll see I done so because of the post I made about the table she done and that I didn't like her response. Not because she was being cheeky but she didn't really address what I was saying, more so dismissed it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

so King Foltest is a roled villager and the BG (bodyguard)? so why is Patrick asking me why i didn't want to lynch him?

Just reading back now. No. That was not the question I asked. My point was about the language that you used. You said 'no point' in voting for the Bodyguard... you didn't say that voting for a roled villager is an idiotic thing for a villager to do.

The way it read to me is that you are a wolf saying there is no point in trying to get Phil lynched.

Conor WW wrote: »
    This nursery rhyme is soooo rude

Number one was very gay
    And he built his house with hay
    With a hey hey toot he blew on his flute
    And he played around all day

Now number two was fond of jigs
    And so he built his house with twigs
    Hey, diddle diddle he played on his fiddle
    And danced with lady pigs

Number three said, "Nix on tricks
    I shall build my house with bricks"
    He had no chance to sing or dance
    'Cause work and play don't mix
    So everyday there is a munch, a monster hit and lynch?
    Including 6 in the first FFA creates a lot of fluff for those looking for good reasons for all 6 could you narrow it down now to 3 or put them in two groups a sides and b sides? So we can debate them
    Just a tally of all posts so far, good to have lots of info

Conor WW 32
    Barbara WW 19
    Liam WW 15
    Jake WW 15
    Phil WW 13
    Derry WW 13
    Frank WW 13
    Nigel WW 11
    Gabriel WW 10
    Orla WW 9
    Patrick WW 9
    Vernon WW 9
    Lucy WW 8
    Eva WW 7
    Stu Redman 6
    Angus WW 4
    Emily WW 2
    Gertrude WW 1
    Holly WW 1
    Abigail WW 1
    Show Thread & Close Window
    Ok still learning game, but the back and forward between Phil and Derry, does it look fabricated? Just I have seen in previous games where people squabble and end up being on same team. Still trying to figure it out.

Ok so I get the bit where you say you are relatively new but I am not sure I buy it, could be true so I will park it.

It is the tune from the series, i put it on waiting for thread to start to add atmosphere and it was repeating, so I started playing with the lyrics, something I like to do with songs, and posted my efforts for amusement, there was no thinking in it apart from people might find it amusing. In hindsight I should just have kept it to myself. I did try to do it on other characters on the series to see could they fit the tune, to amuse myself, but obvs wont be posting them to thread now.

It is the tune from the show but its also a very suspect post. The thread opened at 8am I think, you posted at 10am ish so hardly waiting and when you did post you had the two posts below before you put your songs in.

I would say you seem fairly knowledgable of music which might tie in with your creative writing defence but I am finding it difficult to believe

Morning all, yup nice op a lot of detail, have decided to rewatch the series and get my hands on the books, it was a brilliat series
    I would presume as a healer her powers stay with her but not sure to be honest

Yeah, sorry, that was just me being stupid - I thought the Kikimora and Striga were on two different teams of baddies.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

4f90a703cca1c.image.jpg?resize=400%2C286

Bailiff, could you please bring forth the next defendant...Nigel.

Nidge, you came The King's attention whilst He was perusing through the number of posts that people have made. He was rather surprised to see you had 20 of them as you haven't been on my radar at all. Naturally, The King likes to know about the inhabitants of His Kingdom and has come to the conclusion that your 20 posts have been unadulterated jibberish. Pure posting for the sake of posting with the odd feign of helpful villager.

What do you have to say for yourself?

Advertisement