Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

based on yesterdays votes, i think barbara is a good choice for lynching tonight.

if she flips bad, then there are wolves in the lucy voters. potentially lots of upside in that strategy

Lucy 5 votes - Gertrude, Holly, Ewan, Angus, Barbara
    Barbara 4 votes - Patrick, Gabriel, Nigel, Conor
    Phil 3 votes - Abigail, Phil, Emily
    Conor 2 votes - Lucy, Jake
    Gabriel 1 vote - Vernon
    Jake 1 vote - Derry
    Liam 1 vote - Eva
    Angus 1 vote - Orla
    Holly 1 vote - Liam

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    This nursery rhyme is soooo rude

Number one was very gay
    And he built his house with hay
    With a hey hey toot he blew on his flute
    And he played around all day

Now number two was fond of jigs
    And so he built his house with twigs
    Hey, diddle diddle he played on his fiddle
    And danced with lady pigs

Number three said, "Nix on tricks
    I shall build my house with bricks"
    He had no chance to sing or dance
    'Cause work and play don't mix

Conor quote got mixed up with my Jake reply, Whos afraid of the big bad wolf is the name of this rhyme yeah?

If I had a wish, it would be that Geralt put a sword through me! My head is starting to hurt!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    i don't know if anyone can do a post count? i know it's hard work.i'm going to have to look at those who don't seem to be posting much

holly
    nigel
    vernon
    ewan
    angus
    patrick
    gertrude

and those who voted for Lucy

ewan was cheeky to gertrude
    holly no explanation
    gertrude was cheeky to gertrude?
    barbara to save her own skin?
    angus no explanation?

who is common to both groups? gertrude, ewan, holly, angus

Liam you have like 7 more posts than me :pac:

If people don't want to read what I have to say there isnt very much I can do about it.

I hate this sh1t though, just because I'm not here posting nonsense about song lyrics doesnt mean I'm not partaking.

Read my posts maybe.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    ANGUS

Nilfs/Monsters stuff

Nilfs/Monsters stuff

Responses to me

Making it known they won’t be on a Phil lynch

On the nilfs/monsters again

Response to Phil

Mentions what Barbara might do making it known they won’t vote there. He says Phil claimed BG & Seer. Phil never did. So he is going to vote for someone with 2 votes. Why Lucy though? What was the reasoning?

Distancing from Barbara

Has no reason to pick Lucy the villager it’s all about saving Babs and Phil. I’d like to know more about why Lucy?

Replying to Barbara who said she would self pres if it was anyone bar Phil. Only her word for it now as Phil didn’t happen.

We’ve only Barbara’s word that she wouldn’t have done that. Late votes meant someone else was for the chop as the votes on Barbara were already in.

Distance from Barbara again

Talk of monsters times again.

Hmmmm is Angus throwing Derry to the other wolf team here?

Thank you for saying I should be saved. It’s the right call.

Can someone else look at Angus? This is all of his posts to save you searching again. I’m reserving judgement right now as I just don’t know.

Phil has claimed seer and BG
    He’s said Orla is NRV - seer
    And that he couldn’t be lynched or munched - BG

So he has claimed both

Holly has less posts than someone who died on day 1 munch, HOLLY, come on out to play

• Advertisement

And as you’ve pointed out I’ve brought up the Nilfs and monsters a lot

It’s almost like the aim of the game is to find them

And what do you mean am I throwing Derry to the other wolf team? What exactly does that mean?

Holly WW wrote: »
    Afternoon all. You can take me off the no-posters list now.

Wish I'd started yesterday though. That OP is going to take about 16 reads to get my head around.

Re: boards thread for lynch vote. I've never played a game with that dynamic. Does it risk massive bandwagoning? Or no real effect?
    Not game related but i REALLY want to know more about this emergency.

Anyone have any feedback on my earlier question about the voting method? That its on an open boards thread?

I've never played with that before and wondering if we need to use/not use it in certain ways
    Today is not a good day for there to be so many posts :D

I have been rushed off my feet, have a call in a few minutes, won't get to eat. I'm not feeling good about voting for anyone with the information at hand. I have not contributed or asked as much as I would have liked today and won't be able to until around midnight (But should be fine after that going forward)

The only people who have stuck out to me through reading are Phil with the self-vote and a weird aggressive-ish swing from Lucy.

I'll probably stick in a vote for one of them but I'm not married to any particular vote at the moment. Not feeling good about standing behind either of the above reasons.
    Yep! What happens when you're busy and set an alarm to vote.
    I didn't say either of those things. Is this why you voted for me at 20:59?

tenor.gif?itemid=4516982

Taken me over an hour to catch up and I need to do some work now, but will be here most of the day.

I have an FFA in mind but don't want to post it without proper reasoning, so will look through some posts after (late) lunch and post my FFA
    Nah, I'm only happy that I'm attributing correct quotes to 2/3 right now. Will post with evidence after I eat an omelette

How big is the bloody omelette?

Your contribution is horrendous! In to the dodge pile you go

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Liam you have like 7 more posts than me :pac:

If people don't want to read what I have to say there isnt very much I can do about it.

I hate this sh1t though, just because I'm not here posting nonsense about song lyrics doesnt mean I'm not partaking.

Read my posts maybe.

Ewan I have a question or two regarding your posts which I'll put up shortly. I know you're in work so no pressure to reply straight away. I have one or two things to look at before anyway

Orla WW wrote: »
    How big is the bloody omelette?

Your contribution is horrendous! In to the dodge pile you go

i concur orla. into my bad pile goes holly, omelette or no omelette.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Ewan I have a question or two regarding your posts which I'll put up shortly. I know you're in work so no pressure to reply straight away. I have one or two things to look at before anyway

No problem, I'll take a look and respond when I get a few mins.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

KNIVES OUT

The makers of Knives Out say it got its title from the Radiohead song.

Lyrics are violent and mention dogs.

I want you to know
    He's not coming back
    Look into my mouth
    I'm not coming back
    So knives out
    Cut him up
    Don't look down
    Shove it in your mouth
    If you'd been a dog
    They would have drowned you at birth
    Look into my mouth
    It's the only way you'll know I'm telling the truth
    So knives out
    Cut him up
    Squash his head
    Put him in the pot
    I want you to know
    He's not coming back
    His blood is frozen
    Still there is no point letting it go to waste
    So knives out
    Catch the mouse
    Squash his head
    Put him in the pot

the plot thickens...

Liam honey, maybe take a step back from the computer for a while? I can't even tell if you're being serious here.

Emily WW wrote: »
    The Striga attempted to bite Derry so that makes him either:

a) Kikimora - Can be lynched on first attempt, but any other kill attempts will take 2 to eliminate such a foe
    b) Geralt - this is a ward (self-protect spell) which Geralt can use when threatened

b) seems unlikely - why would Geralt have this spell in play? which leaves only a)? Or is there another possibility?

The wording around the black knight suggest it could take two attempts to kill him

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

what channels were those films on?

If this was you asking so you could check the TV listings to see if they were actually on then <3

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Liam I'm here, I'm just compiling my FFA and cross referencing posts in another tab. I've responded to all your posts about me and you never responded back.

There was nothing to respond to, I accepted your explanation.
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    Just reading back now. No. That was not the question I asked. My point was about the language that you used.
    No offence, but maybe you're just being a bit pedantic then? but pedantry is good in this game.
    Liam, the wording of this is puzzling to me. If Phil WAS Foltest, why would a villager say there was "no point" voting for him? Surely a villager would avoid voting for the BG.

So what is THE POINT in a villager voting for someone suspected of being a villager?
    You said 'no point' in voting for the Bodyguard... you didn't say that voting for a roled villager is an idiotic thing for a villager to do.

Amounts to the same thing.
    The way it read to me is that you are a wolf saying there is no point in trying to get Phil lynched.

But why would there be no point in trying to get Phil lynched if I'm a wolf? Surely there would a point then if i thought he was a villager/King Foltest, which is what I believe I said?

I'm a bit lost on where you're coming from and why you're making a mountain out of a molehill? Seems a bit like you're just deflecting.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

What will you do when I flip good Vernon?
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    based on yesterdays votes, i think barbara is a good choice for lynching tonight.

if she flips bad, then there are wolves in the lucy voters. potentially lots of upside in that strategy

Lucy 5 votes - Gertrude, Holly, Ewan, Angus, Barbara
    Barbara 4 votes - Patrick, Gabriel, Nigel, Conor
    Phil 3 votes - Abigail, Phil, Emily
    Conor 2 votes - Lucy, Jake
    Gabriel 1 vote - Vernon
    Jake 1 vote - Derry
    Liam 1 vote - Eva
    Angus 1 vote - Orla
    Holly 1 vote - Liam

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

There was nothing to respond to, I accepted your explanation.

No offence, but maybe you're just being a bit pedantic then? but pedantry is good in this game.

So what is THE POINT in a villager voting for someone suspected of being a villager?

Amounts to the same thing.

But why would there be no point in trying to get Phil lynched if I'm a wolf? Surely there would a point then if i thought he was a villager/King Foltest, which is what I believe I said?

I'm a bit lost on where you're coming from and why you're making a mountain out of a molehill? Seems a bit like you're just deflecting.

Deflecting what exactly?

You tell me?

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Liam honey
    Occasionally, wolves can be observed in the wild, and the honeycombs plunder as soon as they reach them.

Hmmmm.
    Derry WW wrote: »
    If this was you asking so you could check the TV listings to see if they were actually on then <3

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTFVfsvDGCYoXQ6_muxl2jvNdNHWq1pd3K_Kpz27SKs140TNnLN&usqp=CAU

I'm voting for holly unless she starts posting. i invite others to join me this time.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Orlla, your post #839 just highlighted something for me. I was trying to figure out yesterday why Derry voted for me and you quoted my post #214, where I commented on him squabbling with Phil and wondered was a planned squabble at

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake WW View Post
    Ok still learning game, but the back and forward between Phil and Derry, does it look fabricated? Just I have seen in previous games where people squabble and end up being on same team. Still trying to figure it out.

I wonder if that hit a nerve as he voted for me yesterday with no reason. I havent had a chance to look at it today as all I have been doing is answering questions on a silly ditty that in the next game I will know not to put up anything entertaining. Mind you whoever suggested me this morning did a good job taking attention off themselves.

• Advertisement

Barbara WW wrote: »
    What will you do when I flip good Vernon?

i have no idea of your alignment, however we must consider the potential upside if you do flip bad.

that is why i have my vote on you for the moment

i have no idea of your alignment, however we must consider the potential upside if you do flip bad.

okay, thats my starting point. i will do an iso of you later and will try not to be biased

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Vernon I must say think that is a bad reason to vote for me. If you think I'm bad vote for me because you think I am, not because of what you might be able to tell if I am bad.

You tell me?

No. That isn't how things work. You have accused me of deflecting. What could I possibly be deflecting? I brought this issue up with you. I had nothing to deflect.

I asked a question and you fudged around and didn't answer what I asked until I repeated it....THAT is what deflection is.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

EVA

I don't think the OP is anything but saying it's a Sunday in Week whatever we're at of lockdown. Besides, the actual title is "Every day is LIKE Sunday"

Eva WW wrote: »
    Well hello there...

Does anybody else feel like everyday is a Sunday?

Seems like an normal enough Sunday chatty post but does have Title song included

I’d never heard of it until it was on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Unfairly compared with GOT, it’s nothing like it, I certainly don’t see them as good comparisons. It took me a couple of episodes to get into it but I think it was the catchy “toss a coin” song that got me excited... Mucho excited.

Responding to Stu

giphy.gif
    I will never get tired of that GIF

Responding to my call for everyone to do FFAs. Doesn't tell me much about their alignment right now

Honestly, could you pick 3 people to target? Even in a busy village I usually struggle to put two names down.

Is quizzing Derry on who Derry would put on FFA. Doesn't give suspicions herself.

What’s your gut telling you?

Yesterday was a fluff day. Somebody mentioned potential task to win first kill, maybe there is something in that. Did wolves target frank cause they thought he was on other wolf team and doing a task ? ( I’m not so sure, would of thought both bad teams would prioritize finding RVs).

Play on words re Liam's Columbo post

So is your Conor accusation going to have a “just one more thing” post?

Continues Columbo posts with Liam

tenor.gif

Meh!

Have been working this afternoon and head is a bit melted, so will try and catch up before Lynch...

Nothing bad in this post either.

Im still only catching up. Its hard to not stay in the now as Phil is like watching Trump press conferences, you just cant help watching to see what's going to happen next!

I don't know, Ive seen posters in the past being very erratic and been good and bad so I am not sure what to make of it. Think Phil has surely taken TWTBAW a bit far, so sort of feel like maybe hes just a villager (or RV) having fun or a newb ? If hes a wolf its certainly an interesting style, I will give him that...

Responding to Ewan. Cant see anything bad in here either.

I don't get what you mean "firms up your suspicions, can you elaborate ?

Asides from that how did you get that "I am sure Frank is doing a task" from

If you do a simple search for "task" on the main menu, you will see I wasn't the only one thinking that there might be tasks and Orla actually brought it up before me:

Meh!

Getting afternoon slump now, brain is pudding and sleep has been disastrous since this lockdown . .

Explains her reasoning. I questioned this but on reading back, I understand her thought process.

There was only one kill this morning, I wasn't the only person who thought maybe the two wolves teams had to do a task to win this morning.

People were trying to work out if Wolves were Roll hunting with Frank (why did they target Frank?). I was wondering if maybe one wolf team thought Frank was on another team.
    This is it here
    If there was a task to win a munch , then don't both bad teams know that there is a task in play to win the munch? So I was wondering if the bad team thought Frank was on a rival team, would they take them out.

Here's the poison word. Poison has been in previous games using the same format. I can't hang Eva on this alone.

So who was poisoned today ?

Eva not interested in Barbara wagon. This post is only interesting should Babs turn out to be bad. On it's own it's fair enough.

I am thinking of Liam at the moment. I am not convinced by either Wagon and think Phils just had a not so great day at the office.

Ironic that somebody mentioned the movie "knives out" because in it the entire family are just throwing shade on each other and back stabbing when they get the chance. That's what it feels like Liam was doing this afternoon.

Some of the posters he mentioned actually came on thread as requested, but I didn't see an awful lot of engagement from Liam..

Justifying her Liam vote.

@ Barbara

I nearly voted for you because of that Conor McGregor Gif alone . . But you mentioned earlier that you thought Liam was good because he was throwing random shade at people. I know that can be a good tactic to try and force wolves or people into engaging but its no good just throwing out names and disappearing.

Issues with Virgin last night so disregarding this as a filler post.

Anybody else having some freaky issues with Boards today ?

Searches a bit erratic and looks like I have PMs but I don't . .

Justifying her Liam post to the man himself.

That's true, I had Holly on my to do list but she said she would be around more later.. You had more information to judge and I felt there was enough to question your motives for throwing out shade with no follow up. You will have more time to respond, but you showing up as soon as your name is mentioned is always a not great look.

As for Angus....

Seriously ?

last post made.

Just got kids to bed after a long snuggles, prob earliest for awhile so gonna get some partner time (watching narcos , get your heads out of the gutter) in as I’ve either been working Most of the day..

Sleep well all

I can't put Eva in the bad pile but I can't put her in the good pile either. Eva, you need to up your game. I'm interested in your thoughts on Holly and Angus.

No. That isn't how things work. You have accused me of deflecting. What could I possibly be deflecting? I brought this issue up with you. I had nothing to deflect.

I asked a question and you fudged around and didn't answer what I asked until I repeated it....THAT is what deflection is.

I didn't fudge around at all. i haven't fudged around. I have no idea why you're making a big deal cause i said there was no point voting phil when i thought he was village?

i don't have anything else to say to you on the topic. people can read the posts and make their own minds up.

I didn't fudge around at all. i haven't fudged around. I have no idea why you're making a big deal cause i said there was no point voting phil when i thought he was village?

i don't have anything else to say to you on the topic. people can read the posts and make their own minds up.

I am making a 'big deal' because the original post reads like a post that a wolf would post in their backroom to other wolves but instead posted on the main thread. In other words, I suspect it was a slip by you.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Geraldt hasn't used his sword yet. Maybe he should use it to cut up Gertrude's omelette, if you know what I mean.

I am making a 'big deal' because the original post reads like a post that a wolf would post in their backroom to other wolves but instead posted on the main thread. In other words, I suspect it was a slip by you.

it definetely wasn't. i don't even know what a backroom is or where it's at. i can't do anything more to convince you.

• Advertisement

All of a sudden, Nigel WW was hit.

Nigel WW is dead.

They were
    The Striga - Monster Wolf

Advertisement