Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I'm just kidding that's interesting. Will have to investigate further once home.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    Is Nigel's commentary on Conor & Jake significant? Or was he just referencing people who FFA'd and making a push for Barbara?

He was on my list for an FFA.

Oh, the reason I keep saying alphabetically is that some people do think FFAs are weighted.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Just caught up on what I missed while writing that post.

Nice work Gerry :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

For now, my top three picks are:

Angus, his method of voting last night, basically wanting to control the vote makes me suspicious of him
    Liam, again his method of voting last night, saving his vote to the last minute and then not really using it
    Phil, I'm still not sure on him but I seem to be the only one in that boat so I'm okay to let that lie for now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I have to hit the road for a bit but I'll say it again.

Vote Jake WW for lynching.

By the way nice, change of tone to your posts jakey boy. Your backroom told you to dial the outrage back a notch I see.

• Advertisement

So with Nigel dead, knowing he was around yesterday to place the striga order I've highlighted the below on both Fringilla and Striga stating they can use their powers each night

1. Nilfgaardians:

Fringilla Vigo

The master Mage is largely responsible for the current devastation and might of Nilfgaard’s imperial reach. Her magic and manipulation have been a game-changer for them in their uprising. Here, Fringilla can choose a target each night and if they have a power, it will be temporarily blocked.

2. Monsters

Striga

A formidable opponent. Each night the haunting Striga chooses 2 targets to attack, their fates to be revealed at 9pm in a potentially fatal outcome. Triss Merigold will have a chance to heal 1 target by 9pm.

If the Striga is killed, Team Monsters' kill attempts will switch to the standard 10am munch format.

I think someone mentioned the possibility that the wolves blocked the striga kill, which would mean the wolves know who the Striga is but as someone said would they keep them alive to help them work through village numbers? I'm just trying to work this out in my head now Nigel had around 20 posts altogether so was laying low so to speak, do we think the other monster would play the same tactic trying to lay low or be more outspoken in their play so they have someone who's more active and trusted by the village?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    So are we going to talk about the Derry thing? You be sure as sh!t the wolves are before someone jumps at me for bringing it up.

My reading is he could be Gerry, he could be BG or he could be the wolf the black knight. The OP is ambiguous on the black knight but from reading it I’d think he could need a double push to be killed

So three scenarios, in the first two the nilfs know he’s an RV

He’s Gerry - the BG protects him tonite
    He’s BG - he’s dead in the morning cause he can’t protect himself twice

He’s the black knight - we have a wolf

I don’t know what the right move here is, the nilfs have the upper hand with the info on this

On a separate note I think Conor should be saved

I've been reading back and I have questions. The first is how would the nilfs know anything about Derry?

Striga tried to bite Derry and couldn't. There are, as you say, a number of scenarios to explain that but how would that give the *nilfs* any particular information other than if Derry is the Black Knight which they would already know?
    Also, usually if a player needs 2 kills to kill them, usually the kill attempts happen and fail so Striga could have bitten but he wouldn't die. That said, the actual wording around the Black Knight is that he is "A formidable opponent in battle" which may mean this scenario is possible.

The question stands though...how would the nilfs know that Derry is an RV? Nobody bar Derry (and possibly the seer if they peeked Derry) know what he is. You seem to discount the idea that Derry is anyone else that the BG threw a protect on. BG doesn't know who they are protecting in terms of the role they have. Derry could be the Black Knight who BG protected for all we know.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Apologies for the wall of text, I had to quote a lot of posts. I used the brackets to state which quotes are being replied to rather than using more quotes

Just in the door from work. Will have some din dins whilst I'm typing up my reply.

First thing I'd note though is you're taking some of my posts out of context.

Yes Orla brought it up as a possibility, but that's the point, it was one of a few possibilities (I'm not even sure there are tasks bar Phils)

It seemed more definite by Eva, like she knows more than she is letting on.

The rest I'll get to shortly.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Derry WW wrote: »

By the way nice, change of tone to your posts jakey boy. Your backroom told you to dial the outrage back a notch I see.

lololol :rolleyes: I can do that all by myself as Im a big boy. Still trying to figure what you and Phil upto as I do reckon you only voted me as I brought attention to it.

If the wolves blocked Nigel I wouldn’t have been bitten. I don’t think that’s it.

Gonna pull up this mornings post from mods

• Advertisement

Conor WW wrote: »
    If the wolves blocked Nigel I wouldn’t have been bitten. I don’t think that’s it.

Gonna pull up this mornings post from mods

I said it earlier. Wolves blocked Nigel night 0. Last night he was able to bite.

Just quoting this

xxxx

I don’t know how you’ve concluded I’m not posting in real time. I’m here first thing in the morning till last thing at night and I’ve chatted in real time whilst also spending time doing ISOs and collating info that does take me away from the movement from the thread every now and then.

If you think I’m wolfy, you need better reasons as there’s nobody here that can say I haven’t engaged in thread.

I'll respectfully disagree

You're quite good at responding when it suits alright. To reinforce your little nutmegs of ideas that seem to be almost putting you ahead of Phil as a village leader.

But mostly you're just ISOing people, and I think you're leading us on a merry dance.

Your ISOs are very fence sitty too, you're not ruffling any feathers with them

Patrick WW wrote: »
    I said it earlier. Wolves blocked Nigel night 0. Last night he was able to bite.

"Having being deprived of their n0 feast, Striga struck out with a ravenous vengeance for the Monsters."

Strongly suggests a roleblock or task was in play but with the caveat that flavour be flavour.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Or did she eat after all? now she tells us she's off to eat an omelette? obsessed with eating! what else is she eating i wonder? is holly ever going to post anything of substance?

I need to keep up my rotund physique.

Substances incoming! But probably not in this post.
    What, like a plain omelette?

Actually ate eggplant instead of eggs. Fun twist.
    Emily WW wrote: »
    @Holly, why did you vote for Lucy?

I voted for Lucy because her red highlighted, sudden switch to aggressive post (the one with mansplaining) seemed a) stiff and scripted, and b) desperate. And as I stated in my few posts, my head was not in the game at that time. Had that read (if you can call it that) and Phil acting weird. Decided to give Phil the benefit of the doubt.
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    User Name|Posts
    Conor WW |94
    Phil WW |71
    Orla WW |70
    Barbara WW| 67
    Liam WW |53
    Jake WW |52
    Patrick WW| 51
    Ewan WW |47
    Gabriel WW| 43
    Derry WW |43
    Vernon WW| 42
    Gertrude WW| 40
    Emily WW |36
    Eva WW |20
    Nigel WW| 20
    Abigail WW| 18
    Angus WW |15
    Frank WW |13
    Lucy WW |11
    Holly WW |6

Genuinely didnt think I was that bad. Oops.
    Angus WW wrote: »
    Phil has claimed seer and BG
    He’s said Orla is NRV - seer
    And that he couldn’t be lynched or munched - BG

So he has claimed both

Then there's the random lying to indicate Bard, and general being all over the shop to indicate either the most or least helpful villager in the world.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Holly has less posts than someone who died on day 1 munch, HOLLY, come on out to play

I'm here. FFA incoming

Holly WW wrote: »
    I need to keep up my rotund physique.

Substances incoming!

Substance... Not substances. That would be weird

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    4f90a703cca1c.image.jpg?resize=400%2C286

Bailiff, could you please bring forth the next defendant...Nigel.

Nidge, you came The King's attention whilst He was perusing through the number of posts that people have made. He was rather surprised to see you had 20 of them as you haven't been on my radar at all. Naturally, The King likes to know about the inhabitants of His Kingdom and has come to the conclusion that your 20 posts have been unadulterated jibberish. Pure posting for the sake of posting with the odd feign of helpful villager.

What do you have to say for yourself?

Justice under the reign of King Phillip is swift, but fair.

Having being deprived of their n0 feast, Striga struck out with a ravenous vengeance for the Monsters.

She spotted Derry WW and Conor WW nearby, and didn't even have a second thought about instantly going for them.

Conor WW was bitten. However, Striga made a strong attempt to get at Derry WW, but just couldn't get close.

Conor WW has been bitten and may die tonight at 9pm

Triss Merigold may choose to act if she wishes.

“Having been deprived of their N0 feast”

How were they deprived? Lost a task or blocked?

The munch announcement this morning specifically said 'deprived of their kill' so I suspect external forces were in play. Either a task or a roleblock.
    "Having being deprived of their n0 feast, Striga struck out with a ravenous vengeance for the Monsters."

Strongly suggests a roleblock or task was in play but with the caveat that flavour be flavour.
    “Having been deprived of their N0 feast”

How were they deprived? Lost a task or blocked?

Did I go invisible? :pac:

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I'll respectfully disagree

You're quite good at responding when it suits alright. To reinforce your little nutmegs of ideas that seem to be almost putting you ahead of Phil as a village leader.

But mostly you're just ISOing people, and I think you're leading us on a merry dance.

Your ISOs are very fence sitty too, you're not ruffling any feathers with them

And does anybody else agree with you?

Conor, I couldn't give a sh1te if anyone agrees with me, why does that matter?

All I know is, I'm a villager and I'm putting out my thoughts which are mostly being ignored unless they ruffle your tailfeathers.

That in itself is interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    So, cross referencing the vote sequence yesterday with the ffa's that were posted - unfortunately only a handful ffa'd.

Conor at 6.41 had an ffa of Abigail, Barbara and Vernon. At 8.40 he votes abi, which is consistent with his ffa. at 8.54 he switches to Barbara. Its a late switch to one of the wagons that later ran out of steam. It also remains consistent with his ffa. Overall I think its a solid look

Jake at 8.00 had an ffa of Conor, Phil Eva. At 7.54 he'd already voted Conor and stayed there. Its consistent, not really too much more I can see on it

Barbara at 20.08 had a two person ffa of Gabriel and Lucy, however they were adamant this was really a one hose race for them with Gabriel where they'd vote. Lucy is a distant second. At 12.43 they had voted Gabriel. At 8.59 they switched to Lucy, as the last voter there. Its self pres, which Barbara acknowledges, and that makes interpretation harder, but its a bad look nonetheless. Babs will be one of my FFa later unless something changes

For completeness I also FFA'd and voted with my FFA shortly after giving it
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    Ok, so heres what I can see looking at the voting history last night

Time Nominee voter
    1243 gabriel Barbara
    1800 eva Ewan
    1812 barbara Patrick
    1843 barbara Vernon
    1847 conor Lucy
    1853 phil Abigail
    1902 phil Phil
    1921 barbara gabriel
    1928 lucy Gertrude
    1945 lucy Holly
    1951 barbara Nigel
    1954 conor Jake
    1955 phil emily
    2004 gabriel vernon
    2031 jake derry
    2034 liam Eva
    2040 abigail Conor
    2047 liam Orla
    2054 barbara conor
    2055 angus Orla
    2057 lucy Ewan
    2059 holly Liam
    2059 lucy angus
    2059 lucy barbara
    So 24 votes cast over the course of the day. 11 of those were cast in the last hour. 5 voters had more than 1 vote across the day (Barbara, Ewan, Conor, Orla, Vernon) . Of the Lucy votes the first came at 19.28 but she was stuck on two votes until 2057 whe a flurry of three votes (Ewan, Angus, Barbara) pushed her top
    Jake WW wrote: »
    Just a tally of all posts so far, good to have lots of info

Conor WW 32
    Barbara WW 19
    Liam WW 15
    Jake WW 15
    Phil WW 13
    Derry WW 13
    Frank WW 13
    Nigel WW 11
    Gabriel WW 10
    Orla WW 9
    Patrick WW 9
    Vernon WW 9
    Lucy WW 8
    Eva WW 7
    Stu Redman 6
    Angus WW 4
    Emily WW 2
    Gertrude WW 1
    Holly WW 1
    Abigail WW 1
    Show Thread & Close Window
    Fluff

Fluff

Fluff

Fluff

Fluff but referencing future game play

posted video clip Fat Larry's Zoom

replying to Phil WW

this morning bright and busy tailed early bird catches the worm

Fluff

odd little verse in response to Frank WW

expands on verse still at odds with conversation

[responding to Derry gentle accusation/COLOR]

responding to Gabriel WW

quotes munched Frank WW

responding to Jake WW

responding to Phil WW

responding to Eval WW

fluff responding to Liam WW

fluff
    general comment

responding to Gabriel WW

fluff being helpful to Orla

qoutes and responds to Barbara WW

responding to Gabriel WW and general chat

using hashtag responding to Barbara

fluff n banter/B]

responding to Lucy WW

responding to Barbara WW hint a fighting for survival why doe she think he might be? WHat does he have to hide?

responding to Jake WW but was asked to split list not whether it was his FFA

rdrawing attention to Angus WW

maybe trying to rise Angus WW

responding to Jake WW

responding to Jake WW
    QUOTE=Conor WW;113286566]Like Vernon having more than one post.
    Like saying he’s apologised when he hasn’t
    Like Abigail having a reads list (btw, I think abi was taking about reading the OP a few note times not making a reads list)
    Why would a wolf continuously make errors that can be easily traced in what has been a slow moving thread?
    responding to Barbara WW

Isoing Nigel multiple quotes and his reaction to them post 241

ISOING Vernon and his comments on multiple quotes post 251

ISOING Patrick WW

responding to Phil WW

responding to Phil WW

responding to Jake WW
    Perhaps he just wanted to entertain us.
    responding to Ewan WW[/QUOTE]

Just did a search to see when Jake reference Nigel and Nigel referenced Jake. Only twice each and no direct interaction

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Feckin nobody quote that mess above anyway, Jaysis

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Don't worry, I don't think anyone was going to :)

Did I go invisible? :pac:

Sorry :D

Nilfs block power each night (if they find someone with a power). Would they get to start on N0?

Ungame related this gave me a good giggle

giphy.gif

Nilfs block power each night (if they find someone with a power). Would they get to start on N0?

Will the OP says they can block each night so I'd imagine that started N0. The OP specifically says N1 for the start of seer peeks, so not saying that for the blocks makes me think it was each night starting at N0.

So with Nigel dead, knowing he was around yesterday to place the striga order I've highlighted the below on both Fringilla and Striga stating they can use their powers each night

I think someone mentioned the possibility that the wolves blocked the striga kill, which would mean the wolves know who the Striga is but as someone said would they keep them alive to help them work through village numbers? I'm just trying to work this out in my head now Nigel had around 20 posts altogether so was laying low so to speak, do we think the other monster would play the same tactic trying to lay low or be more outspoken in their play so they have someone who's more active and trusted by the village?

I'd be inclined to say that the other monster went a different route and posted more than he did. I'll have a look through his posts now.

Why not, they get their kill N0? Have seen it happen. Either way, the suggestion is that there was something in play other than they forgot to target anyone( tbf have also seen that happen)

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Conor, I couldn't give a sh1te if anyone agrees with me, why does that matter?

All I know is, I'm a villager and I'm putting out my thoughts which are mostly being ignored unless they ruffle your tailfeathers.

That in itself is interesting.

But you are saying I’m fence sitting. I have an FFA with 2 on it whilst I go through some more players. I had mentioned I would be looking into Nigel today and it turns out he was Striga. The very player that has bitten me!

I just don’t buy your reasons, Ewan.

• Advertisement

Just looked through today's posts from Liam, Jake and Derry. Not particular order, just observations as I'm trying to catch up on contribution as quickly as possible.
    There was nothing to respond to, I accepted your explanation.

No offence, but maybe you're just being a bit pedantic then? but pedantry is good in this game.

So what is THE POINT in a villager voting for someone suspected of being a villager?

Amounts to the same thing.

But why would there be no point in trying to get Phil lynched if I'm a wolf? Surely there would a point then if i thought he was a villager/King Foltest, which is what I believe I said?

I'm a bit lost on where you're coming from and why you're making a mountain out of a molehill? Seems a bit like you're just deflecting.
    it definetely wasn't. i don't even know what a backroom is or where it's at. i can't do anything more to convince you.

Aside from the fact that yesterday (conspicuously at 20:59) he was gunning for me as a low poster, and the fact that he has lots of opinions, but is still gunning for me just for being a low poster (I am not a fan of the low poster theory early game usually its just too random), I found the above two posts fairly contradictory and protesting too much. First quote sounds like someone very well up on the ins and outs of this game. Second, like someone who's never played before.
    Christ sake, I was getting into the spirit of the game and as I said was listening to the music and i have a habit of changing lyrics in real life and thiought ye would be amused.

Meanwhile out of the box first line Eva quotes THE SMITH and none of ye bad an eyelid!!! I highlight it by posting the video and no one else goes oh look thts weird. Then we have Conor who for no reason posts a weird poem on the 3 little pigs and draws attention to himself doing it, he was practically screaming look at me while he did it and because he makes a lot opf posts no one is LOOKINGS at him.

You also have Phil self declaeing himself a villager and ye sheep yeah yeh makes sense well didnt get the chance to post reasons for my FFA yesterday becuase of rl stufff but here they are #FFA1 for ye to find

I am not acting the noob Gabriel I have played a couple of times but I asked a question about something I didnt know. IT IS HOW YOU LEARN THESE GAMES OR DID YOU FORGET!!!!!! Good to be an expert but then iI know some people like rabbit holes and will chase me down them while ignoring the likes of EVA and CONOR

BTW having read and caught UP leave Conor to die just because he posts a lot he covers up his wolfishness in psots and as I leanrnt for another game wolves can be found with hogh post counts. I will say I think Eva and Conor are wolves, Phil I am still deciding and I might add more to that list later

Jake wasn't up to too much but when he got a bit of heat flipped out. Could be a villager being frustrated as they were trying to help, or could be a wolf getting aggro.
    BG protected me.

Do you know this for a fact? Why you?

I read through both your posts. Cannot understand the hard on for Jake all day. What am I missing?

Advertisement