Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Ok this is gonna get messy as it's not bringing up my quotes so bear with me:

@Ewan. So the first mention of task on thread was Orla mentioning a possible task for the first kill. Which would imply the two bad teams had tasks to complete to win the kill

Yep, as I already mentioned, Orla brought it up as a possibility. It seems more definitive by Eva, that's how I read it anyways.

Now Eva mentions the potential task to win first kill. Asks a question in relation to the reason Frank was targetted as possibly he was one of those doing a task and the wolf team saw this and took him out

Again, note the phrasing: Did wolves target frank cause they thought he was on other wolf team and doing a task ?

That to me is a huge conclusion to jump to from Orla's post.
    Now Ewan you question Eva about the use of the word task

Eva posts this and you say it firms up your suspicions of her, why was that? Then again you question her use of the word tasks and ask why she is so sure when clearly she said in her original post she wasn't so sure

Phil being the bard, and tasking on thread firmed up my suspicions on Eva, that's pretty simple. She never said she wasn't sure, the leap to killing Frank because he was a rival tasking just seems a bit much for me.
    Eva questions her post firming your suspicions and then goes on to explain she wasn't sure in original post and quotes Orla as being the first one to mention a task for the first kill

Again you bring up her having inside information on tasks

I don't get this, Eva said in her original post that maybe the wolves thought Frank was doing a task as they themselves were doing a task but you question why an NRV would do this and if Eva knows his role. You then go on to say her talking about rival tasking even though Orla was the first one to mention it and Eva even said somebody else had mentioned it in her post.

This is the same answer that Eva has already given you but you seem to be ignoring what she is saying

Why does that become an immediate assumption though? The OP has no mention of tasks, hence my suspicions. And I'm not ignoring what she's saying, I just think she knows more than what she is letting on.

At 20:37 you post this at which point both Barbara and Phil both have three votes. Bringing Lucy into the equation

At 20:48 Angus comes on with this post bringing up voting for someone with two posts, someone who you just mentioned in your post before this

To which Conor replies

You agree with Angus' plan put forth here and say you'd prefer Lucy gone over the other two

At 20:54 Conor changes his vote from Abigail to Barbara putting Barbara in the lead with four votes which throws a spanner in the works

At 20:57 you change your vote to Lucy because nobody joined you on Eva. At this point I'd like to add that you had said you wouldn't change your suspicions based off of one post by Eva but felt it okay to change your vote in the last three minutes before lynch

Angus then votes for Lucy at 20:58 and Barbara with last vote on Lucy at 20:59 and Barbara is saved.

You seem to be missing where I actually looked into Lucy:
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    Hmmm.

Brief look at Lucy's 11 posts and bar the list of users posts, most are interactions in or around Conor. And Lucy's vote is there too.

As I said at the time, I didn't want to lynch Babs, and definitely didn't want to lynch Phil - Babs for this reason, which you actually thanked:
    Weird read of the day:

Babs VS Gabs reads as two villagers getting their wires crossed to me. I can see Babs point but I liked Gabs responses.

Then moving onto this morning you again put Eva on your FFA for the same reasoning yesterday which at this point and along with the rest of your FFA comes across as flimsy reasoning at best. It's clear to everyone what Eva was at with that post and it was explained multiple times so why still carry the torch? Calling Vernon lazy for reasoning, Jake for possible connection to Eva with a tasky post and Conor for rhyming.

I originally had Barbara, Angus and Vernon on my possible wolf list because of the switches last night but when Vernon posted a suggestion to lynch Barbara tonight I thought surely a poisoned wolf doesn't throw another one under the bus but while I was looking through all of their posts I came across a few of yours that didn't sit right with me which is pretty much all of the above. I don't get it

You can think it's flimsy, I disagree. And I didn't actually FFA Vernon for flimsy reasoning or being lazy, I FFAed him because he asked questions which had already been answered on thread, which imo is an attempt to look like a diligent villager:
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    ewan, why the switch to lucy?

angus, why the vote on lucy?
    Vernon, if you bothered to read the thread in the aftermath you'd see I gave my reasoning, and actually Angus did too

This looks like a lazy attempt at trying to look like a villager imho.

I'll give you a nudge though, its post #572.

For those saying that the reasoning is weak, well of course it is, it's day 1 and I'm a villager who knows SFA, all I've got is my own thoughts.

It would have helped if you quoted my FFA btw:
    #FFA2

Eva - brings up wolf tasks in a very specific way, still not sitting right with me.

Vernon - a bit of laziness on the thread asking about reasoning this morning when answers had already been given, think they're trying to play the good villager a little too hard

Jake - the tossing of a coin to a Witcher posts. If Eva is evil and slipped about the tasks we should look here next, or alternatively...

Conor - the rhyming and verses of Big Bad Wolf. Too obvious? Maybe not...

So you see, I wasn't attacking him for reasoning, I was FFAing him for asking questions ALREADY answered, all he had to do was read back a page or two for them

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Can we get back to the voting last night for a minute.

Conor votes Barbara @20:54 which puts her 4-3 ahead of me.

Then suddenly Ewan jumps to Lucy @20:57 because Lucy made a mean post earlier in the day to make it 4 (Barb) - 3 (Phil) - 3 (Lucy)

Angus eventually decides to vote and jumps on Lucy @20:59 to tie it at 4-4 between Barb and Lucy

Barbara goes against her word not to move and votes Lucy @20:59.

Lucy is lynched 5-3.

Have I got that all right?

Please note that there are only 4 hours remaining until lynch.

Those of you who are quick might still get your votes in.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Holly WW wrote: »

I read through both your posts. Cannot understand the hard on for Jake all day. What am I missing?

Potential Task on Day 0 - Mentioned multiple times

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Phil WW wrote: »

Then suddenly Ewan jumps to Lucy @20:57 because Lucy made a mean post earlier in the day to make it 4 (Barb) - 3 (Phil) - 3 (Lucy)

Angus eventually decides to vote and jumps on Lucy @20:59 to tie it at 4-4 between Barb and Lucy

Lucy is lynched 5-3.

Mostly...Angus's vote on Lucy being last would mean that Lucy would've been lynched over Babs had tie remained.

• Advertisement

Conor, I couldn't give a sh1te if anyone agrees with me, why does that matter?

All I know is, I'm a villager and I'm putting out my thoughts which are mostly being ignored unless they ruffle your tailfeathers.

That in itself is interesting.

Look at the turncoat acting all moral.

He hops on Lucy last night because she made a mean post yet here he is today with several of them.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Orla WW wrote: »

Ahh, as I said, I only based the above on today's posts. Will go further back now

Conor WW wrote: »
    But you are saying I’m fence sitting. I have an FFA with 2 on it whilst I go through some more players. I had mentioned I would be looking into Nigel today and it turns out he was Striga. The very player that has bitten me!

I just don’t buy your reasons, Ewan.

Interesting now you've suddenly turned your focus on me simply because I have the gumption to question you ;)

I don't buy what you're selling Conor. The fact that Striga bit you means absolutely nothing as there are two wolf teams in this game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Here we go, I'll ignore the pleasantries at the start. People who I don't think were on a team with Nigel are Angus, Eva and Gabriel. People who may have been due to some defence of them are Jake and Conor but there isn't anything too damning in there.
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    Sup folks, how are we all today?
    Author is polis alright
    I mean Polish alright
    Morning all. Looking like a nice morning to be stuck in the home office :(

Supports the idea of an FFA, why wouldn't he? He'd stand out to go against it. Did his partner also express an interest in FFAs? Unlikely to be partnered with Eva as this is the first real thing Nigel posts.
    FFA is still a good idea. It might not catch us a baddie night 1 but over the course of the game its somewhere else to look for inconsistencies. Even if people only have two names its something to work off

First go at me
    Um, has the5e ever been a more pocketty post than this one? Someone is accused of posting wolfy and you a) move the shade to their accuser and b) are the nicest niceperson in Christendom while doing it

Begins to back off me
    actually I think Im misreading the sequence of Babs posts. there I think is a consistency there but I need to look again
    see above, I think youre one Ill have to come back to
    4 days from now...

…"great 500000 posts with the hashtag, I think I'll just Iso the thread" :pac:

Actually its not a bad idea though

Notes me as one to watch whilst somewhat agreeing with my point about Gabriel. Seems unlikely he's paired with Gabriel as he'd probably just blast past that.
    OK, looking back through babs to try to get my thoughts here
    Responding to Gabriel, who had a rebuttal of Franks accusation made before Frank died.

Responds to Gabs reply on her earlier post.

It is consistent but its also got lots of optionality in there. If Gabs is bad babs can milk credit, if gabs is good babs has likely got enough distance.

Again these are consistent but don’t sit easy with me. I get why gabs might be top of the list, but I don’t get how we got there after the wishy washy stuff. I think babs is one to watch
    because leading a lynch mob that ends up getting a villager lynched isn't a good place to be? You realise we're talking in the context of your posts could be seen to gently push gabs as a baddie and put him up for lynch?
    Sorry but …..

What exactly?

Right place would be where exactly?
    Nah, that's not a wolf play at this stage of a game.
    Ah ok, I see it there

(getting really frustrated with Virgin internet btw)

Puts me and Gabriel on his FFA. Again makes he think that he was not paired with Gabriel. Surely if he was he'd have put anyone in the third spot just to round it out a bit.
    Meh days sort of disappeared into bad wifi and work :(

Based on so far #ffa1

Barbara:
    Based on giving themselves lots of wriggle room earlier, feels like a baddie trying to hedge their bets

Gabriel:
    Granted this was what led me to suspect Babs but his over enthusiastic defence this morning does stand out

Don't have a third yet tbh, a few posters have made points that I need to look back on and see how they look if I step back a bit but nothing else at the moment.
    Morning all. Some very odd stuff in those votes last night. Need to have a look at how those wagons evolved, last stretch before vote looks odd
    Ok, so heres what I can see looking at the voting history last night

Time Nominee voter
    1243 gabriel Barbara
    1800 eva Ewan
    1812 barbara Patrick
    1843 barbara Vernon
    1847 conor Lucy
    1853 phil Abigail
    1902 phil Phil
    1921 barbara gabriel
    1928 lucy Gertrude
    1945 lucy Holly
    1951 barbara Nigel
    1954 conor Jake
    1955 phil emily
    2004 gabriel vernon
    2031 jake derry
    2034 liam Eva
    2040 abigail Conor
    2047 liam Orla
    2054 barbara conor
    2055 angus Orla
    2057 lucy Ewan
    2059 holly Liam
    2059 lucy angus
    2059 lucy barbara

So 24 votes cast over the course of the day. 11 of those were cast in the last hour. 5 voters had more than 1 vote across the day (Barbara, Ewan, Conor, Orla, Vernon) . Of the Lucy votes the first came at 19.28 but she was stuck on two votes until 2057 whe a flurry of three votes (Ewan, Angus, Barbara) pushed her top

Suggests saving Conor, maybe there is a link there but most people suggested this so not damning of Conor.
    Looking at the numbers I think save is the best play here

17 left, 5 wolves means there's a 12/17 shot they're village and a 7/17 shot they're power village. If they were the kiki I guess it might be a way of revealing them but I'm not sure they be able to poison their own team. So far we've just lost nrvs so I think at the moment saving puts us in a good spot either way

Anyone see a flaw in my logic?

The below is said in response to Angus. Seems unlikely he'd say the name of the role on the thread to his teammate in front of everyone. So don't think he paired with Angus.
    Isnt it the Kiki who has two lives?
    If he has 24 hours does that mean he dies at next munch or at about 10.35 tomorrow. Could the healer have the best of both worlds and decide on Vernon tomorrow? Only issue would be that they'd have to pick 1 from 3 then but it might be an option at least

Mentions Conor and Jake's posts as consistent with their votes, somewhat defending both. Says he'll be looking at me again, probably for another FFA.
    So, cross referencing the vote sequence yesterday with the ffa's that were posted - unfortunately only a handful ffa'd.

Conor at 6.41 had an ffa of Abigail, Barbara and Vernon. At 8.40 he votes abi, which is consistent with his ffa. at 8.54 he switches to Barbara. Its a late switch to one of the wagons that later ran out of steam. It also remains consistent with his ffa. Overall I think its a solid look

Jake at 8.00 had an ffa of Conor, Phil Eva. At 7.54 he'd already voted Conor and stayed there. Its consistent, not really too much more I can see on it

Barbara at 20.08 had a two person ffa of Gabriel and Lucy, however they were adamant this was really a one hose race for them with Gabriel where they'd vote. Lucy is a distant second. At 12.43 they had voted Gabriel. At 8.59 they switched to Lucy, as the last voter there. Its self pres, which Barbara acknowledges, and that makes interpretation harder, but its a bad look nonetheless. Babs will be one of my FFa later unless something changes

For completeness I also FFA'd and voted with my FFA shortly after giving it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Orla WW wrote: »

Which I have explained multiple times :rolleyes:. And Conor with his piggy poem gets overlooked because he posts a lot and is very good at making himself look busy, what an overly helpful villager. I hope I get that skilled at this game one day. I am not even sure how to ask the questions to stuff I want to know without getting jumped on. I am reading here and am overwhelmed at the detail people look for, song lyrics tv guides, its impressive.

• Advertisement

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Mostly...Angus's vote on Lucy being last would mean that Lucy would've been lynched over Babs had tie remained.

True.

That's the part that doesn't make sense - Barbara jumping too.

Did she panic because there was no sign of Angus?

I dunno but there's something about the whole scenario that has my Royal waters rumbling.

Look at the turncoat acting all moral.

He hops on Lucy last night because she made a mean post yet here he is today with several of them.

Ah look it's Captain Hindsight again, you gonna vote yourself again or actually get off that fence and make a call today?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Interesting now you've suddenly turned your focus on me simply because I have the gumption to question you ;)

I don't buy what you're selling Conor. The fact that Striga bit you means absolutely nothing as there are two wolf teams in this game.

You moaned and moaned all day about being ignored. You asked me earlier to iso you and just because I didn’t quote you in my response TO YOU, you got the hump again. I’m now engaging with you and you don’t like that either.

What do you want from me?

^this sounds like a real domestic :D

You moaned and moaned all day about being ignored. You asked me earlier to iso you and just because I didn’t quote you in my response TO YOU, you got the hump again. I’m now engaging with you and you don’t like that either.

What do you want from me?

^this sounds like a real domestic :D

I don't like being ignored, and then jumped on for not contributing by someone with SEVEN posts more than me later in the day (not you, Liam)

So apologies if I'm a little snippy when people are just acting like I don't exist when I've actually more posts of actual content than a lot of others.

Ah look it's Captain Hindsight again, you gonna vote yourself again or actually get off that fence and make a call today?

I will meet with the King's County Council this evening before a decision is made. We're a loyal & honourable bunch and take our voting duty seriously. We're also men and women of our word.

Lucy is lynched 5-3.

See now this is a narrative that has been seeded by Angus I believe, that I went against my word. Why not just present the actual truth that I didn't go against my word Phil? I said I wouldn't change to you, because I think you're more valuable than me but that didn't necessarily apply to everyone else.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    See now this is a narrative that has been seeded by Angus I believe, that I went against my word. Why not just present the actual truth that I didn't go against my word Phil? I said I wouldn't change to you, because I think you're more valuable than me but that didn't necessarily apply to everyone else.

That is a fair point, to be fair.

Accusation withdrawn.

True.

That's the part that doesn't make sense - Barbara jumping too.

Did she panic because there was no sign of Angus?

I dunno but there's something about the whole scenario that has my Royal waters rumbling.

Or perhaps I didn't know Angus changed vote?

Yes, yes.

That would make sense.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

But what if Lucy has been roled villager? Were you worth more than Lucy but not worth more than Phil.

If the votes had been piling on me, would you have voted me?

• Advertisement

I don't think it makes any difference that Nigel spun the narrative about Babs if I'm honest.

If there was only the one wolf team in play, Babs would be grand but with two... no cookies (village points) for you from that Babs :P

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

That is a fair point, to be fair.

Accusation withdrawn.
    Yes, yes.

That would make sense.

This is cosy

I will meet with the King's County Council this evening before a decision is made. We're a loyal & honourable bunch and take our voting duty seriously. We're also men and women of our word.

We only have Phil's word he is king and this is a great way to alert wolfie team to meeting

Jake WW wrote: »
    We only have Phil's word he is king and this is a great way to alert wolfie team to meeting

Please tell me you're not taking Phil's village king posts seriously? Who do you think he was actually meeting with?

But what if Lucy has been roled villager? Were you worth more than Lucy but not worth more than Phil.

If the votes had been piling on me, would you have voted me?

Well I was pretty certain that Phil was worth more than me. If Lucy had been roled then yes she'd have been worth more. I knew she was more likely to be a baddy than me so I didn't feel too badly about a switch. You I may well have changed to, probably would have but you may note that I only had two people on my FFA, Gabriel and Lucy so it's not just like I went off and picked someone random. She was a suspect of mine before that, albeit a much weaker one than Gabriel.

I don't think it makes any difference that Nigel spun the narrative about Babs if I'm honest.

If there was only the one wolf team in play, Babs would be grand but with two... no cookies (village points) for you from that Babs :P

I don't think I've tried to clear myself there Ewan, just trying to see who Nigel might have been on a team with. We know half the team so maybe the other half could be identified in his posts.

Holly WW wrote: »
    This is cosy

HURRAH! The greatest waster in all of Werewolf has graced us with her presence.

Gather one, gather all. For tonight WE FEAST!

medieval-feast.jpg

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Please tell me you're not taking Phil's village king posts seriously? Who do you think he was actually meeting with?

I queried him and Derry yesterday and Derry then voted for me, so maybe it is something. Just Phil's behaviour seems wolfie and acting crazy great way to get overlooked

I don't think I've tried to clear myself there Ewan, just trying to see who Nigel might have been on a team with. We know half the team so maybe the other half could be identified in his posts.

Have several tabs open and trying to also keep an eye on thread so forgive my not looking for your posts right now. Did he interact with Eva at all?

• Advertisement

Nah I get it, but with two teams in play I can't give you a cookie because the wolf spun a narrative on you.

Normally, I'd lock you down and take you to the bank as clear but in this game it just ain't possible.

Advertisement