Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Honestly, could you pick 3 people to target? Even in a busy village I usually struggle to put two names down.
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    FFA is still a good idea. It might not catch us a baddie night 1 but over the course of the game its somewhere else to look for inconsistencies. Even if people only have two names its something to work off

From what I can see Patrick this is the extent of their interactions.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

RepulsiveBlaringCutworm-size_restricted.gif

Hear ye, Hear ye!

His most Excellent has an announcement to make.

Please gather in the town square at 18:30

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I’m going for a nap. Alarm set for 6:30

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Phil why are you copying the mod post from yesterday?

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Phil why are you copying the mod post from yesterday?

What mod post from yesterday?

• Advertisement

Phil WW wrote: »
    RepulsiveBlaringCutworm-size_restricted.gif

Phillip of Werewolf has an announcement to make.

Please gather in the town square at 18.30
    Kennedy-in-Berlin.jpg?fit=1280%2C720&ssl=1&w=800

“The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth.”

And as such, I, Phillip of Werewolf, hereby declare Orla to be an NRV

AWWW FFS :rolleyes:

I genuinely thought the mods had posted this yesterday

AWWW FFS :rolleyes:

I genuinely thought the mods had posted this yesterday

Silly goose.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    I've been reading back and I have questions. The first is how would the nilfs know anything about Derry?

Striga tried to bite Derry and couldn't. There are, as you say, a number of scenarios to explain that but how would that give the *nilfs* any particular information other than if Derry is the Black Knight which they would already know?
    Also, usually if a player needs 2 kills to kill them, usually the kill attempts happen and fail so Striga could have bitten but he wouldn't die. That said, the actual wording around the Black Knight is that he is "A formidable opponent in battle" which may mean this scenario is possible.

The question stands though...how would the nilfs know that Derry is an RV? Nobody bar Derry (and possibly the seer if they peeked Derry) know what he is. You seem to discount the idea that Derry is anyone else that the BG threw a protect on. BG doesn't know who they are protecting in terms of the role they have. Derry could be the Black Knight who BG protected for all we know.

Typically the BG protects them-self on D1, it’s a fairly solid presumption

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Trying to figure out how to reply to this so I can see what you're quoting.
    Ok this is gonna get messy as it's not bringing up my quotes so bear with me:

Yep, as I already mentioned, Orla brought it up as a possibility. It seems more definitive by Eva, that's how I read it anyways.

I have to disagree with you on Evas wording and you didn't include that after she said the below statement you have bolded that she wasn't so sure. It just reads to me as someone trying to figure things out and putting out a theory

Again, note the phrasing: Did wolves target frank cause they thought he was on other wolf team and doing a task ?

That to me is a huge conclusion to jump to from Orla's post.

But she did say she wasn't sure, I've highlighted it below and I would think for the amount of times you quoted her post you would have seen that

Phil being the bard, and tasking on thread firmed up my suspicions on Eva, that's pretty simple. She never said she wasn't sure, the leap to killing Frank because he was a rival tasking just seems a bit much for me.
    Eva WW wrote: »
    What’s your gut telling you?

Yesterday was a fluff day. Somebody mentioned potential task to win first kill, maybe there is something in that. Did wolves target frank cause they thought he was on other wolf team and doing a task ? ( I’m not so sure, would of thought both bad teams would prioritize finding RVs).

It wasn't an assumption, not from my reading of it. A lot of people have thrown out theories about what is happening in the game. It's just working things out out loud which is how I see it

Why does that become an immediate assumption though? The OP has no mention of tasks, hence my suspicions. And I'm not ignoring what she's saying, I just think she knows more than what she is letting on.

That wasn't an intentional ignoring of the below post, I didn't see that one. I thanked your post because at the time I agreed with what you were saying with Barbara and Gabriel

You seem to be missing where I actually looked into Lucy:

As I said at the time, I didn't want to lynch Babs, and definitely didn't want to lynch Phil - Babs for this reason, which you actually thanked:

It's the sequence of events I'm having trouble with in regard to you talking about Lucy then Agnus' post and you saying you'd rather Lucy over the other two. Then when Conor switched to Barbara you magically decide to change your vote because nobody else is with you on Eva. Then Agnus and Barbara pile on Lucy and she dies. It just doesn't look good to me how it all played out

You can think it's flimsy, I disagree. And I didn't actually FFA Vernon for flimsy reasoning or being lazy, I FFAed him because he asked questions which had already been answered on thread, which imo is an attempt to look like a diligent villager:

That was a mistake on my part so as that was my interpretation of your reasoning for him, I still think it was a lousy excuse to make your FFA after one post this morning but that's just my opinion

It would have helped if you quoted my FFA btw:

I just find your reasoning odd and as if you're clutching at straws when there aren't any

So you see, I wasn't attacking him for reasoning, I was FFAing him for asking questions ALREADY answered, all he had to do was read back a page or two for them

Jesus that's a mess but hopefully can be made sense of.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Okay been through Nidge's posts looking for anything useful about his teammate
    Um, has the5e ever been a more pocketty post than this one? Someone is accused of posting wolfy and you a) move the shade to their accuser and b) are the nicest niceperson in Christendom while doing it

Accusing Babs of pocketing Gabby.
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    Would you rather I'm aggressive when posting?

I'm not trying to move any shade but it is more understandable if read in a different tone to me.
    actually I think Im misreading the sequence of Babs posts. there I think is a consistency there but I need to look again

Backtrack?
    see above, I think youre one Ill have to come back to

Throws a little shade at Babs, backtracks, bows out.
    4 days from now...

…"great 500000 posts with the hashtag, I think I'll just Iso the thread" :pac:

Actually its not a bad idea though

This is in relation to Conor's suggestion for the hashtags. I read this as pockety. Sure, there's room for jokes, but its not "not a bad idea" its a horrific idea, we have FFAs which're nice and organised, as opposed to everyone tagging with "all my posts are important". So... That seems pockety to me.
    OK, looking back through babs to try to get my thoughts here
    Responding to Gabriel, who had a rebuttal of Franks accusation made before Frank died.

Responds to Gabs reply on her earlier post.

It is consistent but its also got lots of optionality in there. If Gabs is bad babs can milk credit, if gabs is good babs has likely got enough distance.

Again these are consistent but don’t sit easy with me. I get why gabs might be top of the list, but I don’t get how we got there after the wishy washy stuff. I think babs is one to watch

I'm wondering if the back and forth with Babs might've been to pokcer her and throwing Gabs in there was for distance.
    because leading a lynch mob that ends up getting a villager lynched isn't a good place to be? You realise we're talking in the context of your posts could be seen to gently push gabs as a baddie and put him up for lynch?

Concerned?
    Nah, that's not a wolf play at this stage of a game.

Hard defence of Phil
    Meh days sort of disappeared into bad wifi and work :(

Based on so far #ffa1

Barbara:
    Based on giving themselves lots of wriggle room earlier, feels like a baddie trying to hedge their bets

Gabriel:
    Granted this was what led me to suspect Babs but his over enthusiastic defence this morning does stand out

Don't have a third yet tbh, a few posters have made points that I need to look back on and see how they look if I step back a bit but nothing else at the moment.

So after being cosy with Babs, he votes for her. Sticks to his word, throws Gabs in 2nd on FFA. I am suss of this being distancing from Gabs.
    Ok, so heres what I can see looking at the voting history last night

Time Nominee voter
    1243 gabriel Barbara
    1800 eva Ewan
    1812 barbara Patrick
    1843 barbara Vernon
    1847 conor Lucy
    1853 phil Abigail
    1902 phil Phil
    1921 barbara gabriel
    1928 lucy Gertrude
    1945 lucy Holly
    1951 barbara Nigel
    1954 conor Jake
    1955 phil emily
    2004 gabriel vernon
    2031 jake derry
    2034 liam Eva
    2040 abigail Conor
    2047 liam Orla
    2054 barbara conor
    2055 angus Orla
    2057 lucy Ewan
    2059 holly Liam
    2059 lucy angus
    2059 lucy barbara

So 24 votes cast over the course of the day. 11 of those were cast in the last hour. 5 voters had more than 1 vote across the day (Barbara, Ewan, Conor, Orla, Vernon) . Of the Lucy votes the first came at 19.28 but she was stuck on two votes until 2057 whe a flurry of three votes (Ewan, Angus, Barbara) pushed her top

I just quoted this to cross reference with the lynch thread and see if he's screwed around at all. He hadn't.
    Looking at the numbers I think save is the best play here

17 left, 5 wolves means there's a 12/17 shot they're village and a 7/17 shot they're power village. If they were the kiki I guess it might be a way of revealing them but I'm not sure they be able to poison their own team. So far we've just lost nrvs so I think at the moment saving puts us in a good spot either way

Anyone see a flaw in my logic?

Voting to save Conor who he bit :D

So, cross referencing the vote sequence yesterday with the ffa's that were posted - unfortunately only a handful ffa'd.

Conor at 6.41 had an ffa of Abigail, Barbara and Vernon. At 8.40 he votes abi, which is consistent with his ffa. at 8.54 he switches to Barbara. Its a late switch to one of the wagons that later ran out of steam. It also remains consistent with his ffa. Overall I think its a solid look

Jake at 8.00 had an ffa of Conor, Phil Eva. At 7.54 he'd already voted Conor and stayed there. Its consistent, not really too much more I can see on it

Barbara at 20.08 had a two person ffa of Gabriel and Lucy, however they were adamant this was really a one hose race for them with Gabriel where they'd vote. Lucy is a distant second. At 12.43 they had voted Gabriel. At 8.59 they switched to Lucy, as the last voter there. Its self pres, which Barbara acknowledges, and that makes interpretation harder, but its a bad look nonetheless. Babs will be one of my FFa later unless something changes

For completeness I also FFA'd and voted with my FFA shortly after giving it

So all in, this makes me think that *if* his posts indicate a teammate, it would be gabby

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    I watched Columbo: An Exercise in Fatality.

The evidence at the end was very flimsy and would never be proved in a court of law.
    Jake WW wrote: »
    Ok was trying to multiquote Conor as he could be Columbo with the multiple threads quoting everyone else but I have a tingle and it is niggling
    Gertrude - there's a bit in The Office where Brent is doing impressions of people that end up as Eric Hitchmo (spelling?). One of them is Columbo and he says that line. Apparently Hitchmo doesn't agree with a lot of things in the work place.

Ok, so I could be going down a rabbit hole here. I've spent the last 2 hours or so reading back and doing ISOs on pretty much everyone. Based on the whole Jake's post about Toss a Coin could be a task, I wondered if there's any possibility that this could be one too? Columbo is a fairly random reference but three players bringing it up? All within a few hours of each other yesterday.

I dismissed it at first but then I realised that we don't know who killed Nigel today. Could wolves have won a prize of an extra kill and targeted him after blocking him? Kikimora will still get a kill, so wolves wouldn't have stopped the monsters from thinning the herd but killing Striga would prevent them from being bitten.

The only other person to mention Columbo was Conor and the reason I didn't group him in is the fact that he is referencing Liam bringing up Columbo and the timing is different as it was done today. Could still be significant though so not leaving it out. Need to check the exact timing against when Nigel was killed.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    EVA
    I don't think the OP is anything but saying it's a Sunday in Week whatever we're at of lockdown. Besides, the actual title is "Every day is LIKE Sunday"

Seems like an normal enough Sunday chatty post but does have Title song included

Responding to Stu

Responding to my call for everyone to do FFAs. Doesn't tell me much about their alignment right now

Is quizzing Derry on who Derry would put on FFA. Doesn't give suspicions herself.

Play on words re Liam's Columbo post

Continues Columbo posts with Liam

Meh!

Nothing bad in this post either.

Responding to Ewan. Cant see anything bad in here either.

Meh!

Explains her reasoning. I questioned this but on reading back, I understand her thought process.

Here's the poison word. Poison has been in previous games using the same format. I can't hang Eva on this alone.

Eva not interested in Barbara wagon. This post is only interesting should Babs turn out to be bad. On it's own it's fair enough.

Justifying her Liam vote.

Issues with Virgin last night so disregarding this as a filler post.

Justifying her Liam post to the man himself.

last post made.

I can't put Eva in the bad pile but I can't put her in the good pile either. Eva, you need to up your game. I'm interested in your thoughts on Holly and Angus.

Ok, so I could be going down a rabbit hole here. I've spent the last 2 hours or so reading back and doing ISOs on pretty much everyone. Based on the whole Jake's post about Toss a Coin could be a task, I wondered if there's any possibility that this could be one too? Columbo is a fairly random reference but three players bringing it up? All within a few hours of each other yesterday.

I dismissed it at first but then I realised that we don't know who killed Nigel today. Could wolves have won a prize of an extra kill and targeted him after blocking him? Kikimora will still get a kill, so wolves wouldn't have stopped the monsters from thinning the herd but killing Striga would prevent them from being bitten.

The only other person to mention Columbo was Conor and the reason I didn't group him in is the fact that he is referencing Liam bringing up Columbo and the timing is different as it was done today. Could still be significant though so not leaving it out. Need to check the exact timing against when Nigel was killed.

Ok. Interesting. Conor's post was 10 Minutes before Nigel was killed.

Ah Jaysus Gertie how am I meant to respond to that mess :(

I'm just calling things as I see them, no issues with you disagreeing with me at all.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I was being sarcastic as Conor was posting all over the place, like Columbo when he comes back to ask yet another question. I think Conor is a wolf and is hiding in plain sight with the amount of posts

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

I laughed way more than I should have at this, I couldn't figure out how to make it look okay :pac:
    Ah Jaysus Gertie how am I meant to respond to that mess :(

I'm just calling things as I see them, no issues with you disagreeing with me at all.

Would anyone like to know the colour of my underwear today as that might help prove I ama villager sheesh the over examination is amazing next people will be counting vowels in posts.

Would anyone like to know the colour of my underwear today as that might help prove I ama villager sheesh the over examination is amazing next people will be counting vowels in posts.

Clearly a wolf. 59 vowels in that post.

Real villagers keep it under 50 :D

57 in this post.

5 wolves

7 roled villagers.

5+2=7

There are two monsters.

Striga is dead.

Jake is Kikimora.

57 in this post.

5 wolves

7 roled villagers.

5+2=7

There are two monsters.

Striga is dead.

Jake is Kikimora.
    :pac::p:D:pac::pac::pac: Do you happen to play the countdown thread cos you should lolol

59 vowels in that post.

57 in this post.

One of us can't count.

• Advertisement

Patrick I think you'd do well to include why I mentioned Columbo. It was to explain it to someone else.
    What does this interaction between Liam and Eva mean in regard to the wife? Am I missing something here :confused:
    Gertrude - there's a bit in The Office where Brent is doing impressions of people that end up as Eric Hitchmo (spelling?). One of them is Columbo and he says that line. Apparently Hitchmo doesn't agree with a lot of things in the work place.

Interesting that you have mitigated Conor's mention of Columbo by saying it was in reference to Liam.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Trying to catchup. I work from home, sleep is all over the kip and kids keep coming over when I’m trying to catchup.

So today

- munched - Abigail
    - Bit - Derry/Conor - Derry ok for some reason
    - poison - Vernon ??
    - Nigel was hit - monster team
    - votes from last night

So we are in very good shape right now.

4 bad , 3,1
    12 good , 7 rolled

Vote gate
    Votes that made a difference with 5 mins to go:
    Ewan votes Lucy
    Angus and Barbara vote Lucy on 8.59, which makes doubly sure Lucy dies, especially if there was some last minute change on Barbara.

With 5 mins to go Lucy is grand and then she’s dead with 3 votes in 3 minutes, not much chance for a villager to defend themself. This saves Barbara literally last minute. I can’t think of a better example of a CFD.

Ewans vote meant Barbara could save herself with last min vote on Lucy and being last vote meant it would lynch Lucy as last vote. Moving vote off me because it wasn’t going to matter I guess is one way of playing the game but I don’t see that on its own being an indicator of allignment, just a player style.

We know it could only be the wolf team with 3 so do we think all three wolves jumped in to save Barbara? Regardless of reasons for voting so late it’s not good for the village for people to leave votes so late.

Regardless of Alignment, the Angus vote was the worst. Basically picking somebody who was in trouble and no independent logic behind it. Lazy villager at best here.

Liam panicked as soon as I brought him up. Not around all day and shows up as soon as he’s mentioned. Then tries to imply not voting off a goody proves something. Similar to Nigel , was kinda under the radar until my vote dragged him onto thread

Holly voting when not being around much was suspect, not sure this has been addressed.

Have to dish up dinner... will try and piece together today’s events later..

Ok. Interesting. Conor's post was 10 Minutes before Nigel was killed.

Rabbit hole Patrick. Didn’t Eva post up a Columbo phrase and pic when replying to Liam?

One of us can't count.

Ha I got 60. So two of us can't.

Patrick I think you'd do well to include why I mentioned Columbo. It was to explain it to someone else.

Interesting that you have mitigated Conor's mention of Columbo by saying it was in reference to Liam.

I said I didn't group them together because of that AND the timing but why let the truth get in the way of a good shade opportunity?

I also noted in the very next post that Conor's post about Columbo came just 10 minutes before Nigel got deaded.

Ironically, given that there are 3 wolves, you were the one I thought least likely to be wolf if Conor is.

Rabbit hole Patrick. Didn’t Eva post up a Columbo phrase and pic when replying to Liam?

Eva is my Kiki suspect at the moment.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Yeah go on so.

Eva is my Kiki suspect at the moment.

Ah Patrick. Don’t go classing me as a wolf you know in your heart of hearts I’m not.

I said I didn't group them together because of that AND the timing but why let the truth get in the way of a good shade opportunity?

I also noted in the very next post that Conor's post about Columbo came just 10 minutes before Nigel got deaded.

Ironically, given that there are 3 wolves, you were the one I thought least likely to be wolf if Conor is.

I perhaps should have said mitigated, in part, by him referencing another poster. I didn't say your only reason for Conor was his reference to another poster's mention, whereas you just didn't bring up my reason for saying Columbo at all. You were throwing shade at me, so I called you out on it because you seemed to be treating myself and Conor differently at least.

• Advertisement

Ah Patrick. Don’t go classing me as a wolf you know in your heart of hearts I’m not.

To be honest even I think it is all a bit too neat. And it doesn't help that Liam is high on my list of suspects either.

Advertisement