Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I perhaps should have said mitigated, in part, by him referencing another poster. I didn't say your only reason for Conor was his reference to another poster's mention, whereas you just didn't bring up my reason for saying Columbo at all. You were throwing shade at me, so I called you out on it because you seemed to be treating myself and Conor differently at least.

Look it could all be nonsense and the usual desperately seeking any info but imagine how annoyed I'd be if its not and I die without saying anything.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Sorry mods!

While we’re waiting on Phil

10:04 Derry votes Jake
    Jake = 1 vote

11:42 Gabriel votes Jake
    Jake = 2 votes

14:52 Vernon votes Barbara
    Jake = 2 votes
    Barbara = 1 vote

17:04 Ewan votes Conor
    Jake = 2 votes
    Barbara = 1 vote
    Conor = 1 vote

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

#FFA2

1) Barbara - I had initially like Babs reponses yesterday to questioning but with how things played out come lynch time I'm super suspicious of Barbara. At 20:04 Barbara had 4 votes and was in the lead to be lynched until Vernon moved off her. She then posted at 20:08 her FFA which included Gabriel and Lucy. Lucy being for the mansplaining comment, now Barbara earlier ISOd Lucy and had her leaning good. Her next mention of her is in response to the mansplaining post saying that wasn't the Lucy she liked earlier but said nothing else about her until putting her on her FFA. Now I wonder did Barbara post her FFA placing Lucy on it as she knew she would be an easy person to jump to later to save herself as she was still 3-3 with Phil at this point. Barbara also ISOd Angus today putting him down as leaning good
    2) Angus - He was active and online over an hour before lynch with no mention of the upcoming vote. He came on within the last few minutes before lynch and said he would vote for one of those on two votes, his reasoning because he liked Phil and Barbara. If you're online before then would you not say this then so people have a chance to discuss it? Why wait until ten minutes before. But this did lead the way for Ewan to change his vote to Lucy too.
    3) Ewan - As I've said in my posts to Ewan I don't agree with some of his reads on things. I do agree with some of what he is posting but it's the way he changed vote at the last minute last night that caught my attention

My three suspects all tie into each other really and all I need is one of them to die and flip red to confirm my other suspicions. I'm going to look into other players now for the monster and of course keep an open mind that I could be in a tunnel and there could be other wolves out there :o I'm happy with my reasoning though and am going to vote to lynch Barbara as I think her flipping red will be very useful

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

#FFA2

1) Barbara - I had initially like Babs reponses yesterday to questioning but with how things played out come lynch time I'm super suspicious of Barbara. At 20:04 Barbara had 4 votes and was in the lead to be lynched until Vernon moved off her. She then posted at 20:08 her FFA which included Gabriel and Lucy. Lucy being for the mansplaining comment, now Barbara earlier ISOd Lucy and had her leaning good. Her next mention of her is in response to the mansplaining post saying that wasn't the Lucy she liked earlier but said nothing else about her until putting her on her FFA. Now I wonder did Barbara post her FFA placing Lucy on it as she knew she would be an easy person to jump to later to save herself as she was still 3-3 with Phil at this point. Barbara also ISOd Angus today putting him down as leaning good
    2) Angus - He was active and online over an hour before lynch with no mention of the upcoming vote. He came on within the last few minutes before lynch and said he would vote for one of those on two votes, his reasoning because he liked Phil and Barbara. If you're online before then would you not say this then so people have a chance to discuss it? Why wait until ten minutes before. But this did lead the way for Ewan to change his vote to Lucy too.
    3) Ewan - As I've said in my posts to Ewan I don't agree with some of his reads on things. I do agree with some of what he is posting but it's the way he changed vote at the last minute last night that caught my attention

My three suspects all tie into each other really and all I need is one of them to die and flip red to confirm my other suspicions. I'm going to look into other players now for the monster and of course keep an open mind that I could be in a tunnel and there could be other wolves out there :o I'm happy with my reasoning though and am going to vote to lynch Barbara as I think her flipping red will be very useful

I think your FFA should come with a big caveat though.

If Babs is actually a villager then your links don't really work at all is the problem. And I know I'm a villager, its just how I play, I don't like being on an outlier single vote as it does nothing for wagonomics later in the game, I prefer to be in the mix of things.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

2b158d7a-5076-4783-9e74-c6c1bd471b58_screenshot.jpg

*whisper* I...poisoned...Vernon *whisper*

• Advertisement

Pmsl

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

He certainly has flair anyway does our Phil

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

At least he got the time right this time

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Phil WW wrote: »

Why? (I mean you obviously think he's a wolf. Is there a central reason whyyou think that though?)

Laughed out loud at that, if anything he's bringing us entertainment which kind of links in with the bard when you think about it

• Advertisement

Derry do you think Jake is a wolf or a monster?

#FFA2

Gabriel - I think you all know why at this stage. I'd add that I think his accusation of me not going after him is somewhat interesting given he did no try to trip me up despite having me as his top wolf.

These next two somewhat based on my look at Nigel and think that one might be a partner for him. That's why I'm pairing them together. I also think they fit with one posting more and then Nigel being somewhat low lying.
    Jake/Conor

Patrick - I did not like his characterisation of the Columbo business. I thought it was trying to paint a picture and being somewhat liberal with his parameters for doing so.

I realise that's 4 people but jake/conor is really based on the other monster. Either could be a wolf but that's not currently why I suspect them.

Well it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about someone in WW but to me it fits, whether I'm down a rabbit whole or I'm right in my thinking I need to find out either way so I can move on
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    I think your FFA should come with a big caveat though.

If Babs is actually a villager then your links don't really work at all is the problem. And I know I'm a villager, its just how I play, I don't like being on an outlier single vote as it does nothing for wagonomics later in the game, I prefer to be in the mix of things.

#FFA2

I find it interesting that you link the three of us together and don't acknowledge Holly. Surely she'd fit into a narrative of me knowing that Lucy would be a good place to put my vote?

I find it interesting that you link the three of us together and don't acknowledge Holly. Surely she'd fit into a narrative of me knowing that Lucy would be a good place to put my vote?

Holly voted not long after me I believe and at that point Lucy only had two votes and you had three. How does that fit her into it when I've already outlined my theory on the three of you being linked together?

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Why? (I mean you obviously think he's a wolf. Is there a central reason whyyou think that though?)

Seemed like a try-hard Nigel. Posted more but it was a lot of the similar fluff and gave the impression of being useful but his posts were a lot of waffle.

I thought I might be lynched this morning so I had to get my hit in and Vernon just stood out most at the time.

Phil did you do a task today to win your prize and why did you chose Vernon?

Disregard the second part of that question I see you already answered

I think Phil's life is a constant task staying in character :pac:

Holly voted not long after me I believe and at that point Lucy only had two votes and you had three. How does that fit her into it when I've already outlined my theory on the three of you being linked together?

Okay, Holly voting for Lucy would be a good thing for me as it would give me a legitimate place to go if needed, and perhaps we planned it as wolves?

• Advertisement

These next two somewhat based on my look at Nigel and think that one might be a partner for him. That's why I'm pairing them together. I also think they fit with one posting more and then Nigel being somewhat low lying.
    Jake/Conor

I realise that's 4 people but jake/conor is really based on the other monster. Either could be a wolf but that's not currently why I suspect them.

You know that Nigel bit me right? And I may be dead at 9 because of him?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

#FFA2

Gabriel - I think you all know why at this stage. I'd add that I think his accusation of me not going after him is somewhat interesting given he did no try to trip me up despite having me as his top wolf.

Jake/Conor

Patrick - I did not like his characterisation of the Columbo business. I thought it was trying to paint a picture and being somewhat liberal with his parameters for doing so.

Yeah...this FFA doesn't make me feel any better at all about you. You say we know why Gabriel - I don't. Why Gabriel? Is it because he suspects you? Well that's one retailiatory person on your FFA.

With the Jake/Conor thing you're only reason here in this post for either of them being Nigel's partner is that they posted more than him. So did practically everyone else. Now let me be super clear - I am NOT DEFENDING EITHER, I am pointing out your really haven't made any case for either in this post.

Finally me. I wasn't trying to paint a scenario. I did paint one. I acknowledged it might be nonsense but this is your reason for putting me on here? Another realiatory person on your FFA

All of this reads as incredibly flimsy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Phil is playing a little too much in plain sight to be legit for me.

Conor WW wrote: »

You could theoretically be fake poisoned though. I'm not sure I believe the narrative of you being teamed with Nigel if I'm honest though, I'd have you as Nilfgardian.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    2b158d7a-5076-4783-9e74-c6c1bd471b58_screenshot.jpg

:(

Phil did you do a task today to win your prize and why did you chose Vernon?

I'll put it to you this way, the wolves should have munched me this morning.

Conor WW wrote: »

50aH.gif

That pretty much blows that theory out of the water.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

why'd you poison me? i just wanted to be on the council!

Emily WW wrote: »
    Phil is playing a little too much in plain sight to be legit for me.

On Phil.

A large part of my belief in his claim was centred around the fact I thought his announcement yesterday was a mod post.

That being said his behaviour is fairly consistent as the bard if I'm honest, so despite my mistake regarding the posts yesterday I'm pretty sure he is who he says he is.

If not there will be a counter claim at some point and we will deal with it then.

• Advertisement

Vernon WW wrote: »
    why'd you poison me? i just wanted to be on the council!

You're more court jester than King's County Council member.

Advertisement