Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    You could theoretically be fake poisoned though. I'm not sure I believe the narrative of you being teamed with Nigel if I'm honest though, I'd have you as Nilfgardian.

The chances of me being his team mate are slim. Possible but very slim. If she’d said I was a Nilf then I could work with that but a monster?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    Phil is playing a little too much in plain sight to be legit for me.

source.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    The chances of me being his team mate are slim. Possible but very slim. If she’d said I was a Nilf then I could work with that but a monster?

You'll always be a monster to me Con-Con ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Okay, Holly voting for Lucy would be a good thing for me as it would give me a legitimate place to go if needed, and perhaps we planned it as wolves?

I'm trying to make sense of what you're getting at here but I don't see it. In my opinion, the way you, Agnus and Ewan acted and voted last night is way more suspicious to me than Holly's vote?

You being a wolf will confirm the other two on my FFA for the reasons I've stated already. Holly doesn't fit into that

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

My #FFA2 is

Liam: Strange posting style. Post about 'no point' voting for Phil could be BR slip. Accused me of deflecting without any point. Interaction with Gabriel reads strange and started the Columbo thing.
    Jake: I initially read the Toss a Coin post as a soft claim of Bard but figured he might be NRV baiting wolves too. Then with tasks in play that post looks suspicious as hell, especially with the mentions of Ciri. Could be Black Knight trying to lure Ciri too.
    Eva: Included toss a coin by name in early posts and posted a pic of Columbo also. If wolves and monsters have same tasks, Eva could be Kiki.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Yeah...this FFA doesn't make me feel any better at all about you. You say we know why Gabriel - I don't. Why Gabriel? Is it because he suspects you? Well that's one retailiatory person on your FFA.

With the Jake/Conor thing you're only reason here in this post for either of them being Nigel's partner is that they posted more than him. So did practically everyone else. Now let me be super clear - I am NOT DEFENDING EITHER, I am pointing out your really haven't made any case for either in this post.

Finally me. I wasn't trying to paint a scenario. I did paint one. I acknowledged it might be nonsense but this is your reason for putting me on here? Another realiatory person on your FFA

All of this reads as incredibly flimsy.

I was the first person to accuse Gabriel yesterday for his strong post replying to Frank. I thought everyone knew that, so no it is not retaliatory. Why did you vote for me yesterday if you didn't know why I suspected Gabriel? Most people voted for me in part at least because they thought I was hedging on Gabriel. Now you say you don't know why I suspect him.

I've now realised that Conor is almost certainly not Nigel's teammate. Jake hasn't been ruled out. I based that on my read of Nigel's posts and who he interacted with, which I had posted previously. I didn't just pick names out of a hat. If you have a look back you can find it.

You, I put on because I didn't like your reasoning. I thought it left out some things that didn't fit with your picture, but that didn't stop you trying to case shade. It even says in the post you quoted that I was replying to some and you ignored it. You felt it important enough to note that conor's mention was in reference to someone else, so why not mine?

You'll always be a monster to me Con-Con ;)

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d253f3add03279e4798c7a871725613fa6ec32ec&rid=giphy.gif

I'm trying to make sense of what you're getting at here but I don't see it. In my opinion, the way you, Agnus and Ewan acted and voted last night is way more suspicious to me than Holly's vote?

You being a wolf will confirm the other two on my FFA for the reasons I've stated already. Holly doesn't fit into that

My point is you have chosen a narrative where the three latest voters are a wolf team. I know you're wrong on that, and also think it unlikely three wolves would all switch late onto someone on day one. Given that I know your theory is wrong, I'm wondering why you're putting the theory forward, perhaps it is a genuine attempt at unpicking things or perhaps there is something else at play and I wanted to know how Holly might fit into things.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d253f3add03279e4798c7a871725613fa6ec32ec&rid=giphy.gif

200.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I was the first person to accuse Gabriel yesterday for his strong post replying to Frank. I thought everyone knew that, so no it is not retaliatory. Why did you vote for me yesterday if you didn't know why I suspected Gabriel? Most people voted for me in part at least because they thought I was hedging on Gabriel. Now you say you don't know why I suspect him.

I've now realised that Conor is almost certainly not Nigel's teammate. Jake hasn't been ruled out. I based that on my read of Nigel's posts and who he interacted with, which I had posted previously. I didn't just pick names out of a hat. If you have a look back you can find it.

You, I put on because I didn't like your reasoning. I thought it left out some things that didn't fit with your picture, but that didn't stop you trying to case shade. It even says in the post you quoted that I was replying to some and you ignored it. You felt it important enough to note that conor's mention was in reference to someone else, so why not mine?

Where have I intereacted for you to think I could be Nigels team mate, I mean I get we are in the same country playing the same game but weak supposition

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

NAKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That GIF is quite befitting the naked post :pac:

I think Vernon jumping off Barbara first is interesting. She was gaining votes so he bailed to even things out. His vote for Babs tonight is also distancing as he doesn’t know if he’ll survive the poisoning. If he returns evil his vote on Babs gives her village cred.

Necro wrote: »
    200.gif

AH FFS I'm really sorry lads that was me :(

That's my first ever slip too from anon to non-anon

giphy.gif

I think Vernon jumping off Barbara first is interesting. She was gaining votes so he bailed to even things out. His vote for Babs tonight is also distancing as he doesn’t know if he’ll survive the poisoning. If he returns evil his vote on Babs gives her village cred.

Do you think so? I initially had him down for this very reason but when he suggested lynching her tonight I thought it unlikely a wolf who was poisoned would throw another one under the bus like that?

10:04 Derry votes Jake
    Jake = 1 vote

11:42 Gabriel votes Jake
    Jake = 2 votes

14:52 Vernon votes Barbara
    Jake = 2 votes
    Barbara = 1 vote

17:04 Ewan votes Conor
    Jake = 2 votes
    Barbara = 1 vote
    Conor = 1 vote

18:29 Gertrude votes Barbara
    Jake = 2 votes
    Barbara = 2 votes
    Conor = 1 vote

19:08 Conor votes Barbara
    Jake = 2 votes
    Barbara = 3 votes
    Conor = 1 vote

Do you think so? I initially had him down for this very reason but when he suggested lynching her tonight I thought it unlikely a wolf who was poisoned would throw another one under the bus like that?

They’re still a team of 4 and it’s 2 hours till lynch. Based on last night, lots of votes can change and an innocent villager strung up.

1.png

Having offered my ear to the King's County Council, it has been decided that I shan't be partaking in the provision of an FFA.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Derry do you think Jake is a wolf or a monster?

Wolf! That's the word I used. Shame no one is listening. Back to parenting.

My point is you have chosen a narrative where the three latest voters are a wolf team. I know you're wrong on that, and also think it unlikely three wolves would all switch late onto someone on day one. Given that I know your theory is wrong, I'm wondering why you're putting the theory forward, perhaps it is a genuine attempt at unpicking things or perhaps there is something else at play and I wanted to know how Holly might fit into things.

It would seem unlikely which I have thought of unless the wolf that was in danger was a powerful one they couldn't afford to lose. Being able to say it's unlikely afterwards also to clear themselves make it a risk worth taking.

I'm putting the theory forward because it's something I've been looking into all day, the link between the three of you. It's not just the three votes it's everything leading up to that which you can clearly see in my posts.

I may be wrong but this reply does nothing to squash my suspicions. Questioning why I'm not including Holly in this and how she fits into it. She clearly doesn't fit into it which is why I didn't mention her. I can't see how you don't see that to be honest :confused:

• Advertisement

They’re still a team of 4 and it’s 2 hours till lynch. Based on last night, lots of votes can change and an innocent villager strung up.

Team of 3.

5 baddies total, one monster down.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Wolf! That's the word I used. Shame no one is listening. Back to parenting.

Damn, that's interesting. I have a good feeling about you I'll have to look back over your posts now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    I'll put it to you this way, the wolves should have munched me this morning.

Didn't you claim that they couldn't? Or was that a bluff?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

You could theoretically be fake poisoned though. I'm not sure I believe the narrative of you being teamed with Nigel if I'm honest though, I'd have you as Nilfgardian.

Where are you getting the fake poisoned thing? (also lets not call it poisoned, you may trigger Liam again - it's bitten)

Team of 3.

5 baddies total, one monster down.

You’re right.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Where are you getting the fake poisoned thing? (also lets not call it poisoned, you may trigger Liam again - it's bitten)

That's how the mechanic works no?

It's essentially a poisoner - let's go with biter.

One bite that kills and one fake bite.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Voted Jake but may still change.

Emily WW wrote: »
    Didn't you claim that they couldn't? Or was that a bluff?

Total bluff.

I could have been lynched last night and munched this morning.

It would seem unlikely which I have thought of unless the wolf that was in danger was a powerful one they couldn't afford to lose. Being able to say it's unlikely afterwards also to clear themselves make it a risk worth taking.

I'm putting the theory forward because it's something I've been looking into all day, the link between the three of you. It's not just the three votes it's everything leading up to that which you can clearly see in my posts.

I may be wrong but this reply does nothing to squash my suspicions. Questioning why I'm not including Holly in this and how she fits into it. She clearly doesn't fit into it which is why I didn't mention her. I can't see how you don't see that to be honest :confused:

Look at it from my point of view, I know you're wrong. I wanted to see what you might think of a theory involving myself and Holly and one of the others? How would that work in your mind?

I know your current theory doesn't include Holly as you've already a team of three. My point was the Holly would also fit into your theory about me finding a good place to go when I put Lucy on my FFA, obviously not into your overall team theory but on your reasoning for just me.

• Advertisement

10:04 Derry votes Jake
    Jake = 1 vote

11:42 Gabriel votes Jake
    Jake = 2 votes

14:52 Vernon votes Barbara
    Jake = 2 votes
    Barbara = 1 vote

17:04 Ewan votes Conor
    Jake = 2 votes
    Barbara = 1 vote