Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Who are you voting for tonight Phil? Are you willing to put your colours on a mast?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Not quite what you said but what Nigel did. Very unlikely Conor was on a team with him, I'm not so maybe you are.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Where have I intereacted for you to think I could be Nigels team mate, I mean I get we are in the same country playing the same game but weak supposition

Nigel WW wrote: »
    So, cross referencing the vote sequence yesterday with the ffa's that were posted - unfortunately only a handful ffa'd.

Conor at 6.41 had an ffa of Abigail, Barbara and Vernon. At 8.40 he votes abi, which is consistent with his ffa. at 8.54 he switches to Barbara. Its a late switch to one of the wagons that later ran out of steam. It also remains consistent with his ffa. Overall I think its a solid look

Jake at 8.00 had an ffa of Conor, Phil Eva. At 7.54 he'd already voted Conor and stayed there. Its consistent, not really too much more I can see on it

Barbara at 20.08 had a two person ffa of Gabriel and Lucy, however they were adamant this was really a one hose race for them with Gabriel where they'd vote. Lucy is a distant second. At 12.43 they had voted Gabriel. At 8.59 they switched to Lucy, as the last voter there. Its self pres, which Barbara acknowledges, and that makes interpretation harder, but its a bad look nonetheless. Babs will be one of my FFa later unless something changes

For completeness I also FFA'd and voted with my FFA shortly after giving it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Damn, that's interesting. I have a good feeling about you I'll have to look back over your posts now

And take note Getrude, the only thing he had to say about me yesterday was to change my icon as he was confusing me with Conor I think. Otherwise no interaction bar me suggesting something dodgy about him and Phil's interactions and then he voted for me, no FFA
    Today he has been pretty much absent but no one paying attention to that.

I'd be asking why is he coming after me, did I highlight something I shouldnt have?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    Who are you voting for tonight Phil? Are you willing to put your colours on a mast?

The evening is young. The King has yet to unbuckle his belt.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Not quite what you said but what Nigel did. Very unlikely Conor was on a team with him, I'm not so maybe you are.

So you are showing me a post that says I voted and ?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Total bluff.

I could have been lynched last night and munched this morning.

And your peek?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    That's how the mechanic works no?

It's essentially a poisoner - let's go with biter.

One bite that kills and one fake bite.

Hmm that's not how I read the OP at all:
    Striga: A formidable opponent. Each night the haunting Striga chooses 2 targets to attack, their fates to be revealed at 9pm in a potentially fatal outcome. Triss Merigold will have a chance to heal 1 target by 9pm.

I took that as meaning both are bitten, one will die, Triss decides which one. What's a fake bite?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    And your peek?

Derry you said you'd read my too long post. What do you think of my theory?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

And take note Getrude, the only thing he had to say about me yesterday was to change my icon as he was confusing me with Conor I think. Otherwise no interaction bar me suggesting something dodgy about him and Phil's interactions and then he voted for me, no FFA
    Today he has been pretty much absent but no one paying attention to that.

I'd be asking why is he coming after me, did I highlight something I shouldnt have?

It's all on my ISO jakey boy. We lynch you we lynch a wolf.

So you are showing me a post that says I voted and ?

Yeah, you were one of the few that Nigel mentioned by name and he called you consistent. Now he could have been trying to get you on his good side, or else there was a more nefarious partnership there.

• Advertisement

Your iso didnt amount to much, more fluff between you Phil and Conor we have a circus:rolleyes:

And your peek?

Oh that was real.

Orla turned NRV.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Yeah, you were one of the few that Nigel mentioned by name and he called you consistent. Now he could have been trying to get you on his good side, or else there was a more nefarious partnership there.

Consistent in that I stayed with my vote instead of hoping around like a rabbit on speed liked yourself or others

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Hmm that's not how I read the OP at all:
    Striga: A formidable opponent. Each night the haunting Striga chooses 2 targets to attack, their fates to be revealed at 9pm in a potentially fatal outcome. Triss Merigold will have a chance to heal 1 target by 9pm.

I took that as meaning both are bitten, one will die, Triss decides which one. What's a fake bite?

You could be right that it's a delayed munch, I never considered that.

I just assumed that the Striga mechanic was a poisoner with a 50/50 chance of a kill daily which reverted to a normal munch if they died.

But your interpretation actually makes more sense if I'm honest.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Fake bites? BUT WHY? :)

Why did Nigel post almost immediately after he was killed? Was that a mistake or deliberate to lead astray? I s'ppose the latter would be cheating so just a mistake?

How did Phil predict Nigel's demise? That makes him the seer Yennefer with a peek? But people say he's the bard? He acts like the bard, but I thought he might have been the King.
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    My #FFA2 is

Liam: Strange posting style. Post about 'no point' voting for Phil could be BR slip. Accused me of deflecting without any point. Interaction with Gabriel reads strange and started the Columbo thing.

I watched Columbo on 5 USA on Sunday around 5:30, 6:30. Check your TV mag. Here's the original quote.
    Liam WW wrote: »
    I watched Columbo: An Exercise in Fatality.

The evidence at the end was very flimsy and would never be proved in a court of law

Second line is something that could be applied to a game of Werewolf if you ask me! :)

Columbo's evidence was something to do with how the dead man tied his shoelaces. I know it's drama but come on!

Consistent in that I stayed with my vote instead of hoping around like a rabbit on speed liked yourself or others

Oh I know he meant your voting but its a supportive statement which as I said previously could be for a teammate. Now there's not much you can defend yourself with on this because it is based on Nigel's posting, other than calling it nonsense.

Supreme confidence. I like it. :D

Very tempting to test that out, ngl.

Can everybody else looking at my Barbara/Agnus/Ewan theory and let me know what you all think?

The only people who responded to it are two of those mentioned and I'd like an outsider opinion

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    You could be right that it's a delayed munch, I never considered that.

I just assumed that the Striga mechanic was a poisoner with a 50/50 chance of a kill daily which reverted to a normal munch if they died.

But your interpretation actually makes more sense if I'm honest.

I think your way makes sense too. My way makes Triss pretty powerful against the Monster team. Assuming of course that she's not just NRV now that the Striga is dead which I actually think she would be.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    The evening is young. The King has yet to unbuckle his belt.

Bit creepy. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Can everybody else looking at my Barbara/Agnus/Ewan theory and let me know what you all think?

The only people who responded to it are two of those mentioned and I'd like an outsider opinion

Just back and a few pages to catch up on, throw me a link or a post number will ya

How did Phil predict Nigel's demise?

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Just catching up, I'll give some quick thoughts and then I'm going to try and read the full thread

Phil - I don't believe anything this lad is coming out with so I've decided to ignore for now - I'm sure as the game goes on that one of the wolf teams will decide to take him out

Conor - I can't decide whether Conor is a really helpful villager or a wolf spewing about everyone in a bid to look helpful and hide his tracks. I think if he is a helpful villager that he'll be munched at some stage, or he'll survive long enough for us kill him - the Necro paradox if you will. I do think ISOing half way through D1 is ridiculous

Barbara - I can't see how she is so sure about Phil - he claimed seer with the Orla is NRV yesterday even though the OP tells us that the seer only got their pick on N1 - I know I voted to save Barbara on D1 but thats what double standards are for - I'm also upfront about it just being a hunch, I've no solid proof. I also need to apologise to her - I did say she went back on her word but she has clarified that she wouldn't self-pres on Phil

Derry - I don't buy that the BG had protected him this morning - I still think my three options are the most likely - again self-resolving - we'll see what the munches throw up

Jake/Ewan/Orla/Liam - there seemed to serious of he said she said today with these three and maybe more at the centre - I dont know what to make of it - it seemed to me to be a little pedantic

And I do accept that my tactic last nite could have gotten an RV killed without giving them a chance to defend themselves - that was foolish and wasn't something I'd considered.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

How did Phil predict Nigel's demise? That makes him the seer Yennefer with a peek? But people say he's the bard? He acts like the bard, but I thought he might have been the King.

Phil didn't predict Nigel's demise

Orla WW wrote: »
    Just back and a few pages to catch up on, throw me a link or a post number will ya

I started out with this

Then explained a bit more here

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

#FFA2

1) Barbara - I had initially like Babs reponses yesterday to questioning but with how things played out come lynch time I'm super suspicious of Barbara. At 20:04 Barbara had 4 votes and was in the lead to be lynched until Vernon moved off her. She then posted at 20:08 her FFA which included Gabriel and Lucy. Lucy being for the mansplaining comment, now Barbara earlier ISOd Lucy and had her leaning good. Her next mention of her is in response to the mansplaining post saying that wasn't the Lucy she liked earlier but said nothing else about her until putting her on her FFA. Now I wonder did Barbara post her FFA placing Lucy on it as she knew she would be an easy person to jump to later to save herself as she was still 3-3 with Phil at this point. Barbara also ISOd Angus today putting him down as leaning good
    2) Angus - He was active and online over an hour before lynch with no mention of the upcoming vote. He came on within the last few minutes before lynch and said he would vote for one of those on two votes, his reasoning because he liked Phil and Barbara. If you're online before then would you not say this then so people have a chance to discuss it? Why wait until ten minutes before. But this did lead the way for Ewan to change his vote to Lucy too.

I didn't mention the lynch all day cause it was D1 and I had no solid leads. I DID say that I thought Phil was a head banger and unlikely wolf.
    I had no reason to be defending Barbara earlier in the day

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

10:04 Derry votes Jake
    Jake = 1 vote

11:42 Gabriel votes Jake
    Jake = 2 votes

14:52 Vernon votes Barbara
    Jake = 2 votes
    Barbara = 1 vote

17:04 Ewan votes Conor
    Jake = 2 votes
    Barbara = 1 vote
    Conor = 1 vote

18:29 Gertrude votes Barbara
    Jake = 2 votes
    Barbara = 2 votes
    Conor = 1 vote

19:08 Conor votes Barbara
    Jake = 2 votes
    Barbara = 3 votes
    Conor = 1 vote

19:19 Patrick votes Jake
    Jake = 3 votes
    Barbara = 3 votes
    Conor = 1 vote

19:20 Emily votes Angus
    Jake = 3 votes
    Barbara = 3 votes
    Conor = 1 vote
    Angus = 1 vote

19:41 Barbara votes Jake
    Jake = 4 votes
    Barbara = 3 votes
    Conor = 1 vote
    Angus = 1 vote

Orla for transparency this is the response to the first post about Ewan

Welp, looks like my Conor wagon's wheels need replacing before they even leave the station.

I'll be voting elsewhere on my FFA shortly.

• Advertisement

Must say the wagon is looking mighty fine tonight sure where would ye be with independent thought, never catch on

Advertisement