Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Ewan you ok mate? Wanna hug it out?

I'm ok thanks Gabs. Gonna chill out and relax this evening though and take some time off. I get to into these games sometimes to my own detriment.

I'll be back before lynch though after I've taken my chill pills.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Gabs - has a very nice posting style - I'd say I could narrow down to two who this is - maybe is skewing me but I find myself liking a lot of their posts. I'd be leaving them until later in the game to investigate

Barbara - Reading back on her I like her even more - again a nice posting style definitely helps but she seems like a solid villager

If I had to rank people now it would look like this

Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Conor WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Emily WW
    Gabriel WW
    Barbara WW
    Orla WW
    Phil WW
    Vernon WW
    Angus WW

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

I was gonna ask whether Eva was most wolfy or least wolfy and then I realised you were at the other end of the scale. So unless you're coming out as a wolf, my question is null and void. So you'll be voting for Eva tonight then?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I don’t think Ewan can be a wolf

His jump of a vote on D1 was to save Babs, or at least that’s the affect it had.
    If Ewan and Babs were on a team it would have to be with Jake.
    Ewan normally doesn’t bus but also Babs went after Jake hard when she didn’t have to.
    Unlikely the two of them are on a team

Did you not say earlier that you didn't think Ewan was a wolf?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Like I said Gabs was a mistake, should have been Gertie

Gertie still wasnt in your catch up though, even though you voted there(Gabs by mistake)

Emily WW wrote: »
    Did you not say earlier that you didn't think Ewan was a wolf?

I have been see-sawing about Ewan in fairness

Wolfie traits - I've seen him before as wolf where he picks up on something small and goes with that as an excuse to lynch someone - he did that D1 with Eva.
    His analysis of the voting pattern is well below his standard - I think this might be because if he analyses it properly it'll leave him less place to hide.

Village traits - I can see no real reason for his jumping votes both nites so it would lead me to believe that he really didn't want to be the single voter as it doesn't help vote analysis - but that could be a double bluff

Orla WW wrote: »
    Gertie still wasnt in your catch up though, even though you voted there(Gabs by mistake)

I did her yesterday, thats why I wanted to vote for her, I'll dig that out

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I was gonna ask whether Eva was most wolfy or least wolfy and then I realised you were at the other end of the scale. So unless you're coming out as a wolf, my question is null and void. So you'll be voting for Eva tonight then?

Have done already but would be happy with Ewan either

Ewan - just seems to accept Phil is tasking away? seems strange. Then goes after Eva for suggesting Frank migght have been tasking - as if she was giving something away - I dont see it - watching brief for now

Gertie - her FFA stinks of trying to pick a wolf out of the Lucy voters who isnt herself - you've come up with a theory and talk about a powerful wolf and three of us protecting that powerful wolf - what role is this exactly? To blow a massive hole in your theory Barbara could have easily self-presed by switching to Phil - if the two of them were on a team then Ewan and myself couldn't also be on that team. You're projecting I feel

Holly - Does an ISO of Nigel and comes to a Gabs conclusion - has voted that way - good look

Emily - I like her posts - I do not like her vote but I can understand it, I've apologised for my tactics last nite

More comments to follow on the remaining players

Gertie analysis

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Didn't Emily claim to be a new player?

This is possible, if so I didn't remember and might be mixing up with someone else doing something similar yesterday. I will go through her posts today anyway.
    Phil WW wrote: »
    I think Angus is Kikimora.

He has posted nothing but drivel and seems to be just having the craic because he realises that it's a long road to victory without his buddy.

Honestly, I have a gut feel on this being correct, but it might just be because I found a lot of his posts very aggressive, which could be a perfectly fine village tactic too.
    Eva WW wrote: »
    I think that me, you and Holly could be considered relatively unknown quantities and as such are reasonable candidates for a low posting lynch Strategy by day 3 if a better target is not found tonight. A big reason I find you more suspect then me or Holly is your insinuations against people which I find flimsy.

I threw it out there yesterday that I didn't like voting low posters as an early game strategy, but I do think that by D3 its fair to consider that the more "unknown quantities" should be looked into as its an easy/lazy way for a wolf to hide.

I would like to point out that although I was not here D0 and not participating as much as I wanted D1, since yesterday, while i might not post something every 5 minutes, I have been trying to post things of substance when I do post. 5 posts with some work behind them are better than 20 stating the obvious, fluffy posts. My instincts aren't always good, and I don't always cop what's going on but I've been doing my best to protect the village and identify baddies with the tools I've got (mostly a not-quite-fully-functioning) brain. I've been ISO-ing people, forming theories (strong word), and sticking to my guns in the face of a bandwagon.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Gabs - has a very nice posting style - I'd say I could narrow down to two who this is - maybe is skewing me but I find myself liking a lot of their posts. I'd be leaving them until later in the game to investigate

Barbara - Reading back on her I like her even more - again a nice posting style definitely helps but she seems like a solid villager

Did you and Ewan come up with a plan to support me or something?

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Did you and Ewan come up with a plan to support me or something?

I have Ewan second on my list of most likely to be a wolf so thats unlikely

Is there anything to be said for a mass reveal?
    We have 12 left
    Orla, Phil and Vernon cleared
    3 more RVs to add to that

On the other hand I reckon a villager is more likely to suggest this. I think it would be in poor taste. The only thing reason I can see a baddy is if they knew it would be shot down quickly but it made them look good for suggesting it.

tumblr_nj2g39u9BC1two90zo1_400.gifv

I have Ewan second on my list of most likely to be a wolf so thats unlikely

Because you couldn't possibly be teammates then I suppose.

Timeline of deaths

27/4 10:00 Frank munched - NRV
    27/4 21:03 Lucy lynched - NRV

28/4 10:01 Abigail munched - NRV
    28/4 15:33 Nigel hit - Striga
    28/4 21:05 Jake lynched - Fringilla

29/4 10.05 Derry munched? - Yennefer
    29/4 10:05 Patrick munched? - NRV
    29/4 11:37 Liam attacked - NRV

Abigail WW - NRV
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW - Yennefer
    Emily WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Frank WW - NRV
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Jake WW - Fringilla
    Liam WW - NRV
    Lucy WW - NRV
    Nigel WW - Striga
    Orla WW
    Patrick WW - NRV
    Phil WW - **
    Vernon WW - Ciri

** I honestly still don't know the story with Phil. I've read his posts, I've read everyone else's post. Seems he's good. I missed something. I can't spend another 30 minutes reading everything to figure it out. I've just wasted too much time on it. **

Original:
    20 Players total
    7 Roled good
    3 Nilfs
    2 Monsters
    8 NRVs

Current:
    12 Players total
    6 Roled good
    2 Nilfs
    1 Monster
    3 NRVs

Voting patterns stolen from Barbara stolen from Gerty (I think).

Day 1

Player | Votes
    Lucy WW | Gertrude, Holly, Ewan, Angus, Barbara
    Barbara WW | Patrick, Gabriel, Nigel, Conor
    Phil WW | Abigail, Phil, Emily
    Conor WW | Lucy, Jake
    Gabriel WW | Vernon
    Jake WW | Derry
    Liam WW | Eva
    Angus WW | Orla
    Holly WW | Liam

Day 2

Player | Vote
    Jake WW | Derry, Gabriel, Patrick, Barbara, Orla, Ewan, Angus
    Barbara WW | Vernon, Gertrude, Conor, Jake
    Angus WW | Emily, Eva
    Holly WW | Liam
    Gabriel WW | Holly
    Eva WW | Phil

I don't know if this will help anyone but I needed to get my head straight before going through people's posts because I have not been keeping up withs state of play

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Holly WW wrote: »

** I honestly still don't know the story with Phil. I've read his posts, I've read everyone else's post. Seems he's good. I missed something. I can't spend another 30 minutes reading everything to figure it out. I've just wasted too much time on it. **

The bottom line with the Phil and Vernon stuff is that unless another Foltest and Ciri come out, we have to believe their claims. With an Autopriest in the game we know for a fact that neither of these RV's are dead yet.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Timeline of deaths

27/4 10:00 Frank munched - NRV
    27/4 21:03 Lucy lynched - NRV

28/4 10:01 Abigail munched - NRV
    28/4 15:33 Nigel hit - Striga
    28/4 21:05 Jake lynched - Fringilla

29/4 10.05 Derry munched? - Yennefer
    29/4 10:05 Patrick munched? - NRV
    29/4 11:37 Liam attacked - NRV

Was Nigel not hit by Geralt rather than Striga?

Also, Derry (attempted) & Conor bitten by Striga and Vernon poisoned by ??

Gertie analysis

Yeah thats great and all but that was done after both your votes were placed, seems odd you would have someone picked to vote for, Go through a list of players while voting for two players without actually analysing the person you were going to feckin vote for. Your Gertie analysis came after your vote

Then to add further issues you voted Gabriel but said you meant to vote Gertie.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

nigel was striga, hit by geralt (i presume):

All of a sudden, Nigel WW was hit.

Nigel WW is dead.

They were Spoiler: The Striga - Monster Wolf

• Advertisement

Vernon WW wrote: »
    nigel was striga, hit by geralt (i presume):

All of a sudden, Nigel WW was hit.

Nigel WW is dead.

They were Spoiler: The Striga - Monster Wolf

Apologies, I read the initial post as Nigel having been hit by Striga

Yeah thats great and all but that was done after both your votes were placed, seems odd you would have someone picked to vote for, Go through a list of players while voting for two players without actually analysing the person you were going to feckin vote for. Your Gertie analysis came after your vote

Also when I search the thread, prior to you voting for Gertie (actually Gabriel) you dont mention Gertie until after you have placed your vote. Yeah after your comments on night of first lynch and this, your out pal! Sorry but I dont buy it

Okay, ISOd Emily. ISOs are feckin' exhausting.
    As a newbie, I feel like something is going way over my head here
    Oh, I take it backrooms don't look like boards then? If not, then perhaps I was too definite in my condemnation of Vernon so I'll suspend that until everyone has posted for today

Phil (I think) pointed out earlier that I was suss of Emily for acting ignorant of backrooms. But from the start she said she was new. So fair.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    Lucy 5 votes - Gertrude, Holly, Ewan, Angus, Barbara
    Barbara 4 votes - Patrick, Gabriel, Nigel, Conor
    Phil 3 votes - Abigail, Phil, Emily
    Conor 2 votes - Lucy, Jake
    Gabriel 1 vote - Vernon
    Jake 1 vote - Derry
    Liam 1 vote - Eva
    Angus 1 vote - Orla
    Holly 1 vote - Liam

Ok. So the nilfs went for a Phil voter leaving only Phil and Emily in that group. I’m still believing that Phil is good and I think the wolf’s would too so would they leave a wolf Emily exposed like that? I think not.
    Emily targeted by monsters so she can’t be one of them either, can she. Unless there’s a remote possibility that can target themselves but I really can’t go down that rabbit hole.
    Emily has to be good, right?

I was targeted by monsters so I aint one of them either. I was gonna offer myself up too but now I don’t need to.
    I wasn't targeted by monsters as far as I know
    Hard to know with Conor, he has a huge amount of posts without really saying much. Voted for Abigail at 2040 without giving a reason and then switched to Barbara at 2054.

However, there are 12 villagers, 3 wolves and 2 monsters left so assuming he's not one of the 2 monsters biting themselves, there's an 80% chance that he's village so I'd vote to save

Did wonder if this exchange between Conor and Emily was orchestrated to look like pocketing and distancing. But didn't find further interaction like this.
    Oh yeah, Kikmora and Striga are on the same team (monsters) so Derry is not that.

From reading the OP, it reads like Fringilla Vigo can block a power so I'd have thought it was the entire power that would be blocked.

Yes, he could be King Foltest.

If he's one of the others you mention, how would the King know who he was in order to protect him?

Both clears a known RV and outs him (although incorrectly).
    Jake WW wrote: »
    For what it is worth

Conor wolf in plain sight
    Phil dodgy as I have said it from beginning
    Derry got spooked by something but has influence wolf
    Holly the invisable girl
    Patrick thinking village
    Liam village
    Babs unknown
    Eva dont know today
    Orla wolfy monster vibe
    Ewan thinks a lot maybe village
    Vernon think village but not sure
    Gabriel leaning wolf
    Gertrude leaning village
    Angus unremarkable unknown
    At 2014, this was Jake's read on everyone although I get excluded for some reason

I've mentioned it already but find the above a little weird.

But honestly, I didn't learn much through ISOing Emily. I'm inclined to lean bad, as she claims to be new but seems to be playing well and making good observations. I'm thinking she might be a new player coached by a wolf team

It was done at 20:27, my vote on Gabriel (meant to be Gertie) was at 20:24. They were concurrent. I had done my analysis of those and voted just before I posted

Hump Day seems to be kicking in, quiet here today

Apologies, I read the initial post as Nigel having been hit by Striga

i thought maybe we might have caught Holly out there :pac:

And my vote for Jake was at 20:54 after I’d gone through his posts and seen Gertie react to my comment on her

The table indicates Nigel was killed by being "hit" (I don't know 100% it was Geralt, but presumably). And the result was we found out his role was Striga.

Didn't put in bites/poisoning. They didn't result in deaths

phil, can you win any prizes today?

• Advertisement

It was done at 20:27, my vote on Gabriel (meant to be Gertie) was at 20:24. They were concurrent. I had done my analysis of those and voted just before I posted

Yeah, I dont buy it! Dunno what you can really say that will make me change my mind but I dont like you at all at this point. Heavy wolf vibes

Advertisement