Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Holly, Gertrude and Ewan. What one to vote for?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Pick two names, pick one name, pick seventeen names. If you don't throw something out there we have nothing to talk about. Unless you're happy with that for some reason?

What’s your gut telling you?

Yesterday was a fluff day. Somebody mentioned potential task to win first kill, maybe there is something in that. Did wolves target frank cause they thought he was on other wolf team and doing a task ? ( I’m not so sure, would of thought both bad teams would prioritize finding RVs).

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Who's this Gabrielle lady?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Honestly, could you pick 3 people to target? Even in a busy village I usually struggle to put two names down.

Not right now I couldn’t. But that doesn’t take away from their usefulness. We need to be talking and accusing to keep the game flowing.

I accuse you Conor.

• Advertisement

Liam WW wrote: »
    I accuse you Conor.

If being a dead sexy mofo?

For being not if being

Morning villagers. Sorry I'm late to the party, I had very important 'Sitting On The Couch Watching Movies' to do yesterday. It was a tough. But I'm here now and ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work.

I watched Columbo: An Exercise in Fatality.

The evidence at the end was very flimsy and would never be proved in a court of law.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Ok Frank you're dead now but I still think this bears addressing. Of course I'm here for the munch, it's a well known game action that I, as a player, am interested in. Why wouldn't you be interested in who gets munched at 10am? Unless you already know who's going to die (*caveat - obviously Frank is not a wolf and I'm not casting aspersions on his goodly self) and don't feel the need to be engaged in the game?

This is a fairly strong reaction early in the game. Although I could probably see myself doing something similar if in the same position.

Conor WW wrote: »
    If being a dead sexy mofo?

tenor.gif?itemid=15440489

• Advertisement

The evidence at the end was very flimsy and would never be proved in a court of law.

So is your Conor accusation going to have a “just one more thing” post?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Have you seen Knives Out? It's actually a pretty decent whodunnit movie once you get past Daniel Craig's ridiculous accent.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    This is a fairly strong reaction early in the game. Although I could probably see myself doing something similar if in the same position.

Strong reaction how? Coz it's more than a single sentence? Or its a reasoned argument? Or coz I responded to him at all? If it came across as too forceful or antagonistic I do apologise.

Ok Frank you're dead now but I still think this bears addressing.

Interesting usage of the word 'bears'. Could Gabriel be a bear? Or the close cousin of the bear-the wolf!

So is your Conor accusation going to have a “just one more thing” post?

Just one more thing-my wife loves you but I don't agree with that in the workplace.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    She posted them a page back.
    Don't think she did? I can only find one post by Abi.

In fact she didn't. Why step in like that for Abi, Phill? Why can't she answer for herself?

Have you seen Knives Out? It's actually a pretty decent whodunnit movie once you get past Daniel Craig's ridiculous accent.

Nope, never seen Knives Out.

First you bring up bears then knives-it's all looking a bit suspicious...

Strong reaction how? Coz it's more than a single sentence? Or its a reasoned argument? Or coz I responded to him at all? If it came across as too forceful or antagonistic I do apologise.

Just I read Frank's comment as quite jokey and you didn't it seems. Just think it is an interesting comment to make straight after he died. Being around for the munch doesn't make you a wolf, but going into a longer explanation (not a massive explanation granted) about it seems strong. As I said, I could see myself doing something similar in your shoes if a wolf and just accused about something that doesn't actually make me wolfy.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    when was the 1st?

Did Phil ever get back to this? I can't see it. It seems an odd mistake to make and then make no reference to it when called out on it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

why are there 3 highlighted in red above?

The list didnt post forst time where I said that this was a list of who was still to post. Since I couldn't edit, I had to redo the table.
    Yes, those are the 3 that hadn't posted.

• Advertisement

Interesting usage of the word 'bears'. Could Gabriel be a bear? Or the close cousin of the bear-the wolf!

How DARE you make comment on my personal hygiene! I'll have you know I shaved on Saturday. I'm as hairless as can be (within reason). :p

In fact she didn't. Why step in like that for Abi, Phill? Why can't she answer for herself?

Interesting, seems to make a mistake about Vernon's posts and now Abi.

Calling Holly, Gertrude and Ewan...come in, please or you're getting voted off.

Just I read Frank's comment as quite jokey and you didn't it seems. Just think it is an interesting comment to make straight after he died. Being around for the munch doesn't make you a wolf, but going into a longer explanation (not a massive explanation granted) about it seems strong. As I said, I could see myself doing something similar in your shoes if a wolf and just accused about something that doesn't actually make me wolfy.

Yeah I didn't read it as jokey at all. Stuff on Sunday = jokes. Stuff from Monday on = accusations.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Honestly, could you pick 3 people to target? Even in a busy village I usually struggle to put two names down.

FFA is still a good idea. It might not catch us a baddie night 1 but over the course of the game its somewhere else to look for inconsistencies. Even if people only have two names its something to work off

My 3 FFA nominations are going to be from this lot.

BARBARA
    Think it was originally Polish, but could be wrong on that.
    tumblr_not8lz2HlZ1u41j91o2_250.gifv

ANGUS
    Angus WW wrote: »
    Hello all

Detailed OP

It doesn’t specifically say it but I presume the Nilfs have a kill each day too?
    The other crew have their 50/50 kill
    Angus WW wrote: »
    That’s what it looks like, 9pm for the strings

NIGEL
    Nigel WW wrote: »
    Sup folks, how are we all today?
    Author is polis alright
    I mean Polish alright
    Morning all. Looking like a nice morning to be stuck in the home office :(

VERNON
    evening folks
    when was the 1st?
    i made lego
    why are there 3 highlighted in red above?

PATRICK
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    Eh, where was the first post? In a backroom perhaps?

Evening all.
    Just watched the first couple of episodes myself. It's good. And that tune is an earworm.
    Morning. Slow enough around these parts.
    Nicely played by Frank. Wolves were role hunting obviously.
    I was assuming monster hits would be announced at morning munch and deaths at lynch time. Announcing at lynch time may keep thread moving though.
    I'd prefer to do them so second vote here for FFAs
    New village new rules could be a factor.

ABIGAIL
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    Evening all. Been caught up with birthday celebrations here. (Although not my birthday, so does it really matter :D) I've never seen the witcher and am a bit confuddled by some of the OP so I think I shall have to have a good few reads of it before we properly get going tomorrow. It definitely seems to be set up to be an interesting game.

Yeah I didn't read it as jokey at all. Stuff on Sunday = jokes. Stuff from Monday on = accusations.

I'd think that there is a potential for jokes throughout especially when emojis are used in the accusation (and when the accusation was made before anything had really happened). But if you took it seriously I can see why you responded as you did. Unfortunately, I can see why you'd do it as a villager or as a baddie.

Just one more thing-my wife loves you but I don't agree with that in the workplace.

tenor.gif

Conor WW wrote: »
    My 3 FFA nominations are going to be from this lot.

I don't see what Future Farmers Of America has to do with this game.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

You need to do more just than throwing out names. You need to give reasons - that's what wolves struggle with because they are having to make things up rather than working blind like the village. Also, having to do an FFA makes people look at others posts critically and helps stop lazy villaging. FFAs are far less useful if they are just names, although even that is better than nothing.

Advertisement