Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Your theory is flawed

1. Your whole basis was we were the entire wolf team.
    2. I'm not a wolf

Today you've pivoted to two of us that have to be wolves teamed based on your original theory that had the three of us teamed.

That's the problem with associative reads, I told you this last night, if one part is wrong then you need to reassess everything

Maybe Angus and Babs are wolves, I havent a clue. But the way you're shoehorning all three of us together is based on an original flawed premise.

But it isn't though, if it were a case of two people working to set up another one then it makes perfect sense. I have the three of you together because all three of you are linked together and I'm trying to make sense out of it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Angus, Ewan and Barbara were the protagonists of arguably the most noteworthy part of the game so far. All three are still scooting along.

We need some sort of resolution on this front. There's no way all three can make it to day four.

*Shrugs* I'd have thought actually lynching a wolf was more noteworthy personally but you do you Philip.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Look I think Ewan could be a wolf too but what you’re seeing is confirmation bias

If that's the case I'll hold my hands up and say that I was wrong but this is what my gut is telling me. It's not without it's flaws but it's what I believe

I'll go back to looking into other players which is what I was going to do anyway but when I seen Barbaras posts I couldn't not point it out

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

What are you talking about? I said I could see Holly as a wolf and no I don't think either of them have enough posts to make a solid conclusion on which is true they both only have about 20 posts.

I haven't had the chance to go through anyone else because something came up and then I noticed Barbaras interaction with Angus so wanted to say what I thought on it

A lot of the doubts about me are based on calling out something I saw as wolfy but not having a solid conclusion apparently. My post was based on Gabriel's second post. You've had 20 post to work through there and haven't come up with a conclusion either way. You could see Holly as a wolf but also you could see her not being one I presume. So to be fair to Ewan, he does have a point there.

But it isn't though, if it were a case of two people working to set up another one then it makes perfect sense. I have the three of you together because all three of you are linked together and I'm trying to make sense out of it

Would you like me to quote your posts from yesterday that show you pointing to the three of us as the larger wolf team?

You havent changed your stance a bit since that, not an ounce and that's the problem. When Jake flipped you simply doubled down and I warned you against doing this, as I was town reading you at the time.

I'm finding your persistence with this to be very wolfy, it's like you have the next three lynches lined up whilst you skirt around the edges.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

*Shrugs* I'd have thought actually lynching a wolf was more noteworthy personally but you do you Philip.

There are 2 and a 1/2 villagers.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    For what it's worth. here's my top three picks:

Vernon - as per my posts & vote this morning although the absence of a counter-claim would appear to decimate my theory on that. I'll change my vote later if nothing emerges.

Has everyone posted today after Vernon's reveal as Ciri? If so, then that further confirms his claim. Real Ciri would've come out by now surely if they were on the thread and saw Vernon coasting along on her coattails.

As for the Ewan, Angus and Barbara threesome, I think lynching Angus tonight will give us some further info to work with for tomorrow's analysis. I do think at least one of those is a wolf and my most likely candidate is angus atm. If he flips village I'll be strongly pushing for my #1 galpal tomorrow, Barbara.
    Ewan, if you are a RV, I think maybe tomorrow at 10am is the best time to reveal.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    A lot of the doubts about me are based on calling out something I saw as wolfy but not having a solid conclusion apparently. My post was based on Gabriel's second post. You've had 20 post to work through there and haven't come up with a conclusion either way. You could see Holly as a wolf but also you could see her not being one I presume. So to be fair to Ewan, he does have a point there.

Okay let me rephrase it then shall I? I can see Holly being a wolf but she hasn't got enough posts for me to be sure and I'm a lot more sure of other players

I done reads on two people anyway, I'd hardly call it fence sitting. Not like I done everyone and said awh they could be a wolf or a villager, don't know. That would be fence sitting.

Also Gertrude, you are the one linking us together. Saying we are linked together doesn't make it so. I tried to make this point about Holly yesterday. Why isn't she 'linked' to us? It just seems like you've narrowed your focus too much. Although to be fair to you have since looked at others, but come to the conclusion that you could see some as either way.

Say we lynch Ewan and he flips good, you'll say it must be me and Angus. Then you lynch me say, I'll flip good. Will you pivot and say maybe "I was wrong about the three of them but one of them must be a wolf" and then lynch Angus?

Also Gertrude, you are the one linking us together. Saying we are linked together doesn't make it so. I tried to make this point about Holly yesterday. Why isn't she 'linked' to us? It just seems like you've narrowed your focus too much. Although to be fair to you have since looked at others, but come to the conclusion that you could see some as either way.

Say we lynch Ewan and he flips good, you'll say it must be me and Angus. Then you lynch me say, I'll flip good. Will you pivot and say maybe "I was wrong about the three of them but one of them must be a wolf" and then lynch Angus?

Well in fairness I think the 'link' between the 3 of you is that you all voted the same both nights.

• Advertisement

Would you like me to quote your posts from yesterday that show you pointing to the three of us as the larger wolf team?

You havent changed your stance a bit since that, not an ounce and that's the problem. When Jake flipped you simply doubled down and I warned you against doing this, as I was town reading you at the time.

I'm finding your persistence with this to be very wolfy, it's like you have the next three lynches lined up whilst you skirt around the edges.

I actually laughed out loud at this post. Do you actually believe a wolf has such a hard on for three specific players and keeps pushing and pushing it. Not a chance, not me anyway

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Struggling for time today! Will try get on after 8 but I'm on mobile which is hampering me a bit today

Okay let me rephrase it then shall I? I can see Holly being a wolf but she hasn't got enough posts for me to be sure and I'm a lot more sure of other players

I done reads on two people anyway, I'd hardly call it fence sitting. Not like I done everyone and said awh they could be a wolf or a villager, don't know. That would be fence sitting.

Fine, lets call it hedging as that was leveled at my a lot for my suspicions of Gabriel. I'm still suspicious of him, but can see a scenario where I'm wrong and I acknowledged that. I wonder if some people will have similar reactions to your thoughts as they did mine.

Well not really Barbara, all I'd really need is you to confirm one of the other two is a wolf. Once that's confirmed it will be up to the village to decide who out of those two goes and not just me alone

And Holly isn't linked to you because of the way she voted, much like how I'm not linked to you

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Well in fairness I think the 'link' between the 3 of you is that you all voted the same both nights.

Fair point, I thought it was based on the votes for Lucy on night 1. Which is what I was suspicious of because it ignored other Lucy voters. I get it now though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

It’s looking 50/50 whether I’ll be lynched or not so not to be a last minute molly and possibly to save our new seer or our BG

I’m Gerry

It’s looking 50/50 whether I’ll be lynched or not so not to be a last minute molly and possibly to save our new seer or our BG

I’m Gerry

Well this is interesting

Well not really Barbara, all I'd really need is you to confirm one of the other two is a wolf. Once that's confirmed it will be up to the village to decide who out of those two goes and not just me alone

And Holly isn't linked to you because of the way she voted, much like how I'm not linked to you

What do you mean, me to confirm one of the other two is a wolf? I asked you what you'll do when I turn up as good and either one of the others does too.

What do you mean, me to confirm one of the other two is a wolf? I asked you what you'll do when I turn up as good and either one of the others does too.

Oh well then I would hold my hands up and say I was wrong about the whole thing. It makes more sense to be you and Angus and now Angus has come out as Geralt then I guess I'm holding my hands up and saying I'm wrong :rolleyes:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I’m Gerry

Right so! Ugh.....

• Advertisement

I’m Gerry

I had an inkling about this based on kill timings but wasnt going to scream about it obviously.

I'll wait to see if there's a counter claim before holding a parade for you though:/

I’m Gerry

Wellity wellity wellity. Isn't this convenient? Anyone want to counterclaim? Although its putting arguably our most important RV in the firing line for the wolves tomorrow.

Any proof that you're Geralt? anything you can confirm? Explain your actions on the thread? Why did you kill Nigel etc?

Well that was quite the curveball, aghhh I'm at the point of losing my mind. Damn you werewolf!

giphy.gif

Wellity wellity wellity. Isn't this convenient? Anyone want to counterclaim? Although its putting arguably our most important RV in the firing line for the wolves tomorrow.

Any proof that you're Geralt? anything you can confirm? Explain your actions on the thread? Why did you kill Nigel etc?

I mean I guess Vernon can confirm him tonight.

Unless this is a master wolfplay between the two, but with neither dead, it would be suicide.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

I’m Gerry

thats interesting. now the question, do i peek you to maybe find the new seer, or go for cahir?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

ETA: if i peeked geralt, i would share a backroom with the seer. not sure how that would work with the new seer.

well if we dont have a counter claim by 8.55 I'll be switching my vote to barbara

Vernon WW wrote: »
    ETA: if i peeked geralt, i would share a backroom with the seer. not sure how that would work with the new seer.

Presumably that was based on Yen being still alive but it's your role so you should probably know better :D

Liam - just noise from his posts
    Eva - seems to be mentioned by lots of people but I couldn't recall a single post. Very little to go on - reminds me of a similar game a few weeks back where a wolf had 14 posts over 4 days
    Patrick - could definitely be a wolf, could definitely be a villager. Seems to interact with people without getting too involved

He does somewhat suspect Liam here, which would fit with Liam being hit.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Morning all. Some very odd stuff in those votes last night. Need to have a look at how those wagons evolved, last stretch before vote looks odd
    Ok, so heres what I can see looking at the voting history last night

Time Nominee voter
    1243 gabriel Barbara
    1800 eva Ewan
    1812 barbara Patrick
    1843 barbara Vernon
    1847 conor Lucy
    1853 phil Abigail
    1902 phil Phil
    1921 barbara gabriel
    1928 lucy Gertrude
    1945 lucy Holly
    1951 barbara Nigel
    1954 conor Jake
    1955 phil emily
    2004 gabriel vernon
    2031 jake derry
    2034 liam Eva
    2040 abigail Conor
    2047 liam Orla
    2054 barbara conor
    2055 angus Orla
    2057 lucy Ewan
    2059 holly Liam
    2059 lucy angus
    2059 lucy barbara

So 24 votes cast over the course of the day. 11 of those were cast in the last hour. 5 voters had more than 1 vote across the day (Barbara, Ewan, Conor, Orla, Vernon) . Of the Lucy votes the first came at 19.28 but she was stuck on two votes until 2057 whe a flurry of three votes (Ewan, Angus, Barbara) pushed her top

Firstly I’m hoping the BG will protect me tonite

Nigel came from these two posts

The first is standard wolf chat which made me suspect watch him
    Morning all. Some very odd stuff in those votes last night. Need to have a look at how those wagons evolved, last stretch before vote looks odd

The second is an excellent post but he just drops it after that, makes zero conclusions, that’s wolfy

Ok, so heres what I can see looking at the voting history last night

Time Nominee voter
    1243 gabriel Barbara
    1800 eva Ewan
    1812 barbara Patrick
    1843 barbara Vernon
    1847 conor Lucy
    1853 phil Abigail
    1902 phil Phil
    1921 barbara gabriel
    1928 lucy Gertrude
    1945 lucy Holly
    1951 barbara Nigel
    1954 conor Jake
    1955 phil emily
    2004 gabriel vernon
    2031 jake derry
    2034 liam Eva
    2040 abigail Conor
    2047 liam Orla
    2054 barbara conor
    2055 angus Orla
    2057 lucy Ewan
    2059 holly Liam
    2059 lucy angus
    2059 lucy barbara

So 24 votes cast over the course of the day. 11 of those were cast in the last hour. 5 voters had more than 1 vote across the day (Barbara, Ewan, Conor, Orla, Vernon) . Of the Lucy votes the first came at 19.28 but she was stuck on two votes until 2057 whe a flurry of three votes (Ewan, Angus, Barbara) pushed her top

I was between Liam and Eva today based on voting

Protected myself D1 as I had no reads

Advertisement