Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

id wait on the sword until after lynch so we have more info

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Vernon WW wrote: »

If I have it right, he can't use it till tomorrow anyways. But Geralt will know better obviously.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Vernon WW wrote: »

its tomorrow

Ewan WW wrote: »
    There is that. I suppose we could just lynch him save your sword for someone else?

I think I'd prefer to lynch you or Eva
    Although you have bought yourself some time

Angus WW wrote: »
    I think I'd prefer to lynch you or Eva
    Although you have bought yourself some time

Oh thank you kind sir, to what honour am I granted this extra time :cool:

Oh thank you kind sir, to what honour am I granted this extra time :cool:

Well ur the one soft claiming RV

• Advertisement

Woah, woah, woah.

I'm not claiming anything. I just said I'm not revealing my role

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Is he?

All he said was that he'd rather not reveal yet as there are still important roles...

A wolf could easily say that.

Nah I'll not be revealing Gabs, there's still some important roles that very much need to stay hidden

I'm sorry but this is a soft claim

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

I don't know where to vote tonight. I can't get my head back into it and my brain just keeps saying but what if it is Barbara or Ewan?

giphy.gif

I think even if both were dead at this point it would still say but what if it was some trick and they were :pac:

In fairness Gertie, I get that a lot so I'm not bothered about the accusations.

It's the way it's put together that I have the problem with.

• Advertisement

In fairness Gertie, I get that a lot so I'm not bothered about the accusations.

It's the way it's put together that I have the problem with.

Awh here I get it, it's twice been blown out of the water but the little creep in the back of my head is like "but what if?" :o

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Sorry I'm not around much this evening. I just hope you're ready to hold your hands up if I go Gertrude.

I had been building towards concluding Angus was a wolf but I believe his reveal, so that leaves me probably between Gabriel and Jake.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Sorry I'm not around much this evening. I just hope you're ready to hold your hands up if I go Gertrude.

I had been building towards concluding Angus was a wolf but I believe his reveal, so that leaves me probably between Gabriel and Jake.

You might have missed the boat on Jake there babs

Jake is dead Barbara

Eva has two posts today so far:
    Eva WW wrote: »
    I think that me, you and Holly could be considered relatively unknown quantities and as such are reasonable candidates for a low posting lynch Strategy by day 3 if a better target is not found tonight. A big reason I find you more suspect then me or Holly is your insinuations against people which I find flimsy.

But your insinuation of Ewan and your general insinuation of others can be kind of flakey. So Ewan could be bad for a reason that you yourself confirm could be thrown against you, but nobody should find you dodgy for the same reason because ?

Then Patrick on your FFA

And last night you jump on Jake, the easiest wagon, with a few minutes to go when it was obvious what was going to happen. You didn't like his responses. Turned out right, but could easily be a wolf jumping on an already dead teammate. Its interesting that all 5 who were on Lucy are all still alive, if I was betting on at least one wolf in that pack, you would be my first choice.

The best FFA you did was on me, suggesting I could be a low lying wolf. I think that's a very fair assumption and one that will have to be resolved either by me posting more (not sure I will be around as much as I would like while I am alive) or death. As it stands, any baddy kill appears to be the same (two "munches") this morning, but the ideal one would be the wolf who peaks good.

I would think whoever we think is the most likely to be that wolf (looking for a peak, maybe being bravado on thread or others suggesting a peak target) should be a priority for Geralt, Barge (if hes killing people daily) and the lynch for tonight.

Admittedly I liked this post in real time (probably because I'm being defended in it) The bolded part is interesting though, is there a bit of resignation in there? Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Eva WW wrote: »
    When I haven't been working, Ive been struggling with Bad sleep and when I have tried to come on and catch-up Ive had the kids looking to play with them. I don't understand it because last few weeks they have left me alone. Think it was because I went for a lovely walk on beach with my youngest on Sunday and the others realised they can get some quality alone time with daddy.....

I have actually read the entire thread, but my brain has been relative pudding for a lot of the game.

RL doesn't imply any leanings to be fair, we are all in the same boat.

This is her other post and it's more of an Out of Character post than anything, though the line of her having read the entire thread is interesting.
    Lord knows my brain is pudding anyways and I'm here posting like a maniac LOL.

I wish she would post more, because although her first post today ultimately proved incorrect, she definitely brings a different insight to the thread when she does post.

The bit about resolution probably makes me lean wolf though if I'm honest, it's like a resignation to her eventual fate or something.

Looking at the votes I could see Holly as the other monster, ended up in a wagon on Day 1 maybe not intentionally for her timing of votes but chose an outlier then to keep the heat off after Nigel was killed

Have to check what her response to my read on her was

Feel like I'm ragging on the same people all the time though.

I'm gonna have a look at Emily's posts as she's someone I really haven't evaluated fully and this is day 3 which is weird.

Stupid work :(

Holly how come if you were leaning bad on Emily and suspected she was being coached by a wolf team did you not include her in your FFA today?
    Holly WW wrote: »
    Okay, ISOd Emily. ISOs are feckin' exhausting.

Phil (I think) pointed out earlier that I was suss of Emily for acting ignorant of backrooms. But from the start she said she was new. So fair.

Did wonder if this exchange between Conor and Emily was orchestrated to look like pocketing and distancing. But didn't find further interaction like this.

Both clears a known RV and outs him (although incorrectly).

I've mentioned it already but find the above a little weird.

But honestly, I didn't learn much through ISOing Emily. I'm inclined to lean bad, as she claims to be new but seems to be playing well and making good observations. I'm thinking she might be a new player coached by a wolf team

I know my theories have been a little farfetched but this is an awful FFA. I'm not convinced you're not wolves so that's why you're on the list but the person I do believe could be a wolf isn't. Can you explain this please?
    #FFA3
    1. Gabs
    2. Eva
    3. Gerty

Honestly not convinced the lot of ye aren't wolves at this stage. Head is wrecked

Looking at Emily's reads, would a wolf really continually put essentially cleared (in the absence of a counter claim) villagers in their FFAs/reads?

Phil and Vernon in particular.

• Advertisement

Emily doesn't respond to Hollys ISO of her but has the below interaction and thanks Hollys post
    Emily WW wrote: »
    Was Nigel not hit by Geralt rather than Striga?

Also, Derry (attempted) & Conor bitten by Striga and Vernon poisoned by ??
    The table indicates Nigel was killed by being "hit" (I don't know 100% it was Geralt, but presumably). And the result was we found out his role was Striga.

Didn't put in bites/poisoning. They didn't result in deaths

I thought at the time that the post from Gabriel to Frank (after Frank was killed) was a bit odd, seems strange to defend yourself to a dead man when to do so only serves to raise suspicion about yourself.

For a couple of posters who've posted reviews of other people's posts, there were one or two comments which struck me as odd on first read and worth re-reading - basically where the reviewer agreed with something innocuous the reviewee said, subsequently determined that the reviewee was a villager and thus implied that the reviewer is also one by association. As I said though, I need to re-read those posts

Just on her day 1 posts and I actually really like this one. The bolded part in particular. It's wolf play 101 imo.

But I don't see where she brings up examples of this is the problem.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Uhoh. :mad:

Guysssss stop with the Barbara and Ewan wagons, the temptation is too strong

giphy.gif

All of Emily's readslists/FFAs.

Just posting them here so I can get a look at them together before I make some conclusions on them

#FFA2
    Posting this now in case I get munched:

I could very well be missing something here that's obvious to more experienced players but here's some of my thoughts on yesterday:

Phil: several very strange posts early on which he was called on, he subsequently made a representation of being a "very powerful villager". Did he have a task to make those type of posts, vote for himself,etc.? If he is a villager, surely the wolves are going to get him (or leave him for us to lynch?). On the other hand, is he a baddie and with no way out after the first couple of mistakes, did he decide to make an elaborate play as an important villager?

Barbara: Early questioning of Phil gave way to backing Phil and going so far as to say that she'd let herself be killed rather than switch to him. Was she giving support to a fellow baddie by "believing" his story as being on the village side?

Angus: popped in at 2048 to say he'd be voting but that he'd wait until the last minute to decide. Later used this post to justify the tactic by saying he was upfront about what he was going to do which is true on the one hand but also means that rather the deciding on who he wants out, he wanted to retain control over who gets elminated.

Holly: very few posts although she did justify this with some details. Voting for Lucy (2nd vote for Lucy at the time so not part of the late rush) on the basis of very little interaction puts her in the spotlight for me.

Conor: Voted Abigail at 2040 which seemed like it was out of the blue, no justification given. Then changed to Barbara at 2054, justification was that a single vote on Abigail was wasted.

Liam: Very late vote (2059) on Holly when she had no other votes - why wait so late and then use your vote like that?
    For now, my top three picks are:

Angus, his method of voting last night, basically wanting to control the vote makes me suspicious of him
    Liam, again his method of voting last night, saving his vote to the last minute and then not really using it
    Phil, I'm still not sure on him but I seem to be the only one in that boat so I'm okay to let that lie for now
    For what it's worth. here's my top three picks:

Vernon - as per my posts & vote this morning although the absence of a counter-claim would appear to decimate my theory on that. I'll change my vote later if nothing emerges.
    Angus - voted for Angus yesterday and I haven't seen much to dissuade me from that although he has defended himself well under pressure today. His voting strategy on the first night probably has him next on my list after Vernon
    Ewan - a weak enough 3rd tbh; he was called out by Jake alongside Vernon & Gertrude as possible Village and I'd have him ahead of Gertrude

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    You might have missed the boat on Jake there babs

Ha, what a dope. I meant Ewan for his vote on Jake.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Guysssss stop with the Barbara and Ewan wagons, the temptation is too strong

giphy.gif

From a Wagonomics POV on night 1 it makes sense that they might be on the same wolf team. Angus vote in the middle of the two made me think maybe it was desperation from Angus and Barbara, but it actually made sense Ewan voting with Barbara trying to get the last vote in to make sure she would win with a tie, Angus was just a coincidence.

See the Holly mention in the first lengthy FFA. But I can't see any interaction or investigation of Holly by Emily despite her being in the spotlight yesterday

And then she vanishes later in the day and doesn't really mention her again

See the Holly mention in the first lengthy FFA. But I can't see any interaction or investigation of Holly by Emily despite her being in the spotlight yesterday

And then she vanishes later in the day and doesn't really mention her again

By being in the spotlight, I mean in Emily's words re: Holly

• Advertisement

10.05 - Emily Votes Vernon
    Vernon - 1 Vote

10.42 - Phil Votes Ewan
    Vernon - 1 Vote
    Ewan - 1 Vote

10.48 - Conor Votes Ewan
    Ewan - 2 votes
    Vernon - 1 Vote