Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Just I read Frank's comment as quite jokey and you didn't it seems. Just think it is an interesting comment to make straight after he died. Being around for the munch doesn't make you a wolf, but going into a longer explanation (not a massive explanation granted) about it seems strong. As I said, I could see myself doing something similar in your shoes if a wolf and just accused about something that doesn't actually make me wolfy.

In your first reply to Gabriel you said you could see yourself posting something similar if you were in his position. Now you’re changing that to “if Gabriel were a wolf”.

Both posts are accusations but with a “but I could be wrong” attached.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

I'd think that there is a potential for jokes throughout especially when emojis are used in the accusation (and when the accusation was made before anything had really happened). But if you took it seriously I can see why you responded as you did. Unfortunately, I can see why you'd do it as a villager or as a baddie.

Um, has the5e ever been a more pocketty post than this one? Someone is accused of posting wolfy and you a) move the shade to their accuser and b) are the nicest niceperson in Christendom while doing it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Did Phil ever get back to this? I can't see it. It seems an odd mistake to make and then make no reference to it when called out on it.

no he never responded.

yo phil, what up?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    In your first reply to Gabriel you said you could see yourself posting something similar if you were in his position. Now you’re changing that to “if Gabriel were a wolf”.

Well I could see myself doing it, as both good and bad. Gabriel is top of my list at the minute anyway.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Boards working OK for everyone? everytime I click find all posts by a poster I keep getting zero results:( pain in the hole

• Advertisement

Orla WW wrote: »
    Boards working OK for everyone? everytime I click find all posts by a poster I keep getting zero results:( pain in the hole

Switch between best and newest tabs a couple of times.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Um, has the5e ever been a more pocketty post than this one? Someone is accused of posting wolfy and you a) move the shade to their accuser and b) are the nicest niceperson in Christendom while doing it

Would you rather I'm aggressive when posting?

I'm not trying to move any shade but it is more understandable if read in a different tone to me.

actually I think Im misreading the sequence of Babs posts. there I think is a consistency there but I need to look again

Well I could see myself doing it, as both good and bad. Gabriel is top of my list at the minute anyway.

But if you can see yourself doing it regardless of if you were good or bad, why is it different for Gabriel?

I'm not trying to move any shade but it is more understandable if read in a different tone to me.

see above, I think youre one Ill have to come back to

• Advertisement

But if you can see yourself doing it regardless of if you were good or bad, why is it different for Gabriel?

Seeing myself doing it either way doesn't mean that I'm 50:50. I don't believe I've said that I can see myself evenly doing either. I think it is more likely to be a wolfy post but it might be innocent. It, along with the posts by Phil, are the things that have stood out to me.

You know when we all die in this game and we go to the dead room and realise NOBODY ever goes back and reads our posts? :D

Is there a way that we can mark a post with a hashtag if we think it’s an important post to be looked back on? Rather than the living villagers seeing that the dead player has too many posts to trawl through so doesn’t bother at all.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

You know when we all die in this game and we go to the dead room and realise NOBODY ever goes back and reads our posts? :D

Is there a way that we can mark a post with a hashtag if we think it’s an important post to be looked back on? Rather than the living villagers seeing that the dead player has too many posts to trawl through so doesn’t bother at all.

You could mark it with an all singing all dancing hula girl and still people rarely go back and look...

And if you did flag one, you know it would be the throwaway post that you didn't flag which would have the relevant info :D

That's how the FFA hashtag works Conor. You'd have to announce what your hashtag is before death and hope that people actually use it afterwards. Or else everyone comes up with a group death hashtag but then surely each post is important in its own way.

#IFIMDEADREADTHIS

Go Babs! Let the games begin :D

Go for it Conor, I'd be interested if anyone will actually go back and look at it.

#IFIMDEADREADTHIS

4 days from now...

…"great 500000 posts with the hashtag, I think I'll just Iso the thread" :pac:

Actually its not a bad idea though

Go Babs! Let the games begin :D

tenor.gif?itemid=9149843

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Afternoon all. You can take me off the no-posters list now.

Wish I'd started yesterday though. That OP is going to take about 16 reads to get my head around.

Re: boards thread for lynch vote. I've never played a game with that dynamic. Does it risk massive bandwagoning? Or no real effect?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

I am kind of lost with Conors post. My first thoughts when I seen the list he will build an FFA from was it was a load od crap.

Now there is chat and him wanting to have a post for people to go back to? what am I mising.

OK, looking back through babs to try to get my thoughts here
    Responding to Gabriel, who had a rebuttal of Franks accusation made before Frank died.
    This is a fairly strong reaction early in the game. Although I could probably see myself doing something similar if in the same position.

Responds to Gabs reply on her earlier post.
    Just I read Frank's comment as quite jokey and you didn't it seems. Just think it is an interesting comment to make straight after he died. Being around for the munch doesn't make you a wolf, but going into a longer explanation (not a massive explanation granted) about it seems strong. As I said, I could see myself doing something similar in your shoes if a wolf and just accused about something that doesn't actually make me wolfy.
    It is consistent but its also got lots of optionality in there. If Gabs is bad babs can milk credit, if gabs is good babs has likely got enough distance.

Again these are consistent but don’t sit easy with me. I get why gabs might be top of the list, but I don’t get how we got there after the wishy washy stuff. I think babs is one to watch

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Barbara, hats a nice early vote in on Gabs you have. How come?

It’s not that confusing, Juicy Lucy.

I have taken 6 players and will base an FFA of 3 from said players. I highly doubt all 6 are good and I’m hoping half are bad and I select correctly.

The hashtag thing is for those of us who, near lynch time, have said “when I die and return NRV don’t forget blah blah blah”. Those posts are always forgotten.

Nigel WW wrote: »

It is consistent but its also got lots of optionality in there. If Gabs is bad babs can milk credit, if gabs is good babs has likely got enough distance.

I don't really know how I could milk credit, there are two bad teams here Nigel. Gabs being bad doesn't mean I'm good. I could be a teammate throwing Gabriel under the bus, someone on the other evil team or a goodie.

Also, why would I want distance if Gabriel is good?

Oh did you mean distance from the accusation? I don't want distance from it. I was just qualifying it as something that doesn't make Gabriel a baddy for sure.

It’s not that confusing, Juicy Lucy.

I have taken 6 players and will base an FFA of 3 from said players. I highly doubt all 6 are good and I’m hoping half are bad and I select correctly.

The hashtag thing is for those of us who, near lynch time, have said “when I die and return NRV don’t forget blah blah blah”. Those posts are always forgotten.

How are you going to choose which one are important when you are posting them? Or is this going to turn into you quoting yourself just before munchtime and putting all of your important posts into one post with hashtag?

Derry WW wrote: »
    Barbara, hats a nice early vote in on Gabs you have. How come?

I thought they had a strong reaction to Frank's post. My other thought is currently Phil but I don't have much there other than him making two mistakes about different people saying that had two posts when they only had one.

Probably would do it on a post or posts near to lynch time if I’m fighting for survival.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Hi everybody, checking in. Going to read what's been happening so far, will post what I think then

giphy.gif

Advertisement