Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Show it there!

Also who did ya both protect on each night

No protection N0

Protected Derry N1

Angus N2

Last night.... you.

It doesn't matter anymore anyways, either I'll be dead and can't protect or the game is over.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    This is possible, if so I didn't remember and might be mixing up with someone else doing something similar yesterday. I will go through her posts today anyway.

Honestly, I have a gut feel on this being correct, but it might just be because I found a lot of his posts very aggressive, which could be a perfectly fine village tactic too.

I threw it out there yesterday that I didn't like voting low posters as an early game strategy, but I do think that by D3 its fair to consider that the more "unknown quantities" should be looked into as its an easy/lazy way for a wolf to hide.

I would like to point out that although I was not here D0 and not participating as much as I wanted D1, since yesterday, while i might not post something every 5 minutes, I have been trying to post things of substance when I do post. 5 posts with some work behind them are better than 20 stating the obvious, fluffy posts. My instincts aren't always good, and I don't always cop what's going on but I've been doing my best to protect the village and identify baddies with the tools I've got (mostly a not-quite-fully-functioning) brain. I've been ISO-ing people, forming theories (strong word), and sticking to my guns in the face of a bandwagon.

Post 1452

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    No protection N0

Protected Derry N1

Angus N2

Last night.... you.

It doesn't matter anymore anyways, either I'll be dead and can't protect or the game is over.

Why would you protect me over say Phil or Vernon, ya know RV good guys?

Show it there!

Also who did ya both protect on each night

Didn't protect N0 (no weird made up mod rule like Ewan is saying, I just didn't log in first till D1)

Derry

Connor

Myself

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Almost as fun as Eva this!

I was about to start a readlist on you when this kicked off, looking at the pages, thank ****ing **** that just happened:pac:

Where’s our prize for killing the monster team?

• Advertisement

Why would you protect me over say Phil or Vernon, ya know RV good guys?

You had a better handling on the game, and didn't actively want to kill me like oh say... Vernon :pac:

Phil was roled but also a loose cannon so went with the best villager in my eyes anyways.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    True but surely this is the interesting part. Can we spot the last wolf after all the posts over the past few days or can he/she get one over on us before bowing out?
    Well if you insist, I've already stated that I don't think it's likely that Ewan would've been on Barbara for the 2 votes if he was her teammate. Which is why I believe him over Holly.
    Yeah, real game-breaking stuff. Better swear you to secrecy
    I think I know what he's talking about, so no need to be snippy about it. He's not making that up.

Didn't protect N0 (no weird made up mod rule like Ewan is saying, I just didn't log in first till D1)

Derry

Connor

Myself

Eh ok hang on why yourself

Any breadcrumbs to your role, Ewan?

Conor WW wrote: »
    Where’s our prize for killing the monster team?

Full disclosure I got the prize at around half 1. I didn't notice the message from the mods till about 4.
    It was a role block. I blocked the Doppler.

• Advertisement

Any breadcrumbs to your role, Ewan?

Nope, I've breadcrumbed before and it got me spotted :(

Literally my only alluding to it is what I said to Gabs yesterday. Tbh I was kinda hoping I'd draw a fake Foltest claim as well by not hinting

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Full disclosure I got the prize at around half 1. I didn't notice the message from the mods till about 4.

You could block any role and not a player?

Well if you insist, I've already stated that I don't think it's likely that Ewan would've been on Barbara for the 2 votes if he was her teammate. Which is why I believe him over Holly.

I think I know what he's talking about, so no need to be snippy about it. He's not making that up.

He is making it up, because he's making everything up, because he is the last wolf
    Eh ok hang on why yourself

I was debating Angus, but wanted to save my protect for him for tonight. I wasn't getting much heat pre-lynch so thought I might be a wolf target if they saw my "protect the village" post.

My logic was I was more useful to the village than Angus, given his powers are useful if we have known baddies (we didn't) my powers are most useful with known goodies (we had some) so I protected myself

It just said 'a target'. Didn't specify that it had to be a player so I said the Doppler. The mods noted it.

But that means Holly or Ewan has a prize too.

Not me!

He is making it up, because he's making everything up, because he is the last wolf

I was debating Angus, but wanted to save my protect for him for tonight. I wasn't getting much heat pre-lynch so thought I might be a wolf target if they saw my "protect the village" post.

My logic was I was more useful to the village than Angus, given his powers are useful if we have known baddies (we didn't) my powers are most useful with known goodies (we had some) so I protected myself

You know Angus can protect himself yeah?

I dont really like either of your picks last night for protection so that doesnt help me! Saving yourself is bizarre, you were in the unknowns, highly unlikely to be targeted

Wish you guys would have listened to me on Eva, we'd have had her Monday night and this whole nonsense over my voting wouldn't have dominated the stupid thread for days on end.

Wish you guys would have listened to me on Eva, we'd have had her Monday night and this whole nonsense over my voting wouldn't have dominated the stupid thread for days on end.

Eva was a monster. The issue right now is who is the nilf.

I assume so yeah. Had to pick a number so maybe they did too and got a **** prize?

• Advertisement

You know Angus can protect himself yeah?

I dont really like either of your picks last night for protection so that doesnt help me! Saving yourself is bizarre, you were in the unknowns, highly unlikely to be targeted

Well first off, Vernon didn't reveal till this morning he got to meet the new seer, I assumed that he wouldn't as it only mentioned Yen in the OP (though maybe I should have seeing as apprentice assumed same role). He also wanted to lynch me so screw him.

Phil was playing up his character and also voting to lynch me :(

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a good NRV with decent scope into the game is better than a roled player, particularly a double peeked one.

Roles do not mean you blindly follow, they are not infallible in their game insight, particularly when the two wanted me dead and they were so wrong it hurt me inside.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

You should have sold it better!!

Eva was a monster. The issue right now is who is the nilf.

Still. You folks FREAKING out about the night 1 votes for days on end meant I had to spend half the game defending myself. Was good for cover, part of the reason why I put myself on the main wagon every day as well. No fear when you're roled, you always have that ace card at some point.

I was going to claim last night but then I had that argument with Angus and I was afraid you'd lynch me in spite of the claim tbh

Does someone have the vote sequence for the first and second night handy?

Ewan's switch on the first night to protect Barbara looks wolfy but his switch from a low vote on the second night (when two wolves were up for lynch) doesn't look like a wolf move

You voted that way. Nobody forced you too.

Your posts are starting to sound like you think you’re so much better than some of us.

I would like to point out that although I was not here D0 and not participating as much as I wanted D1, since yesterday, while i might not post something every 5 minutes, I have been trying to post things of substance when I do post. 5 posts with some work behind them are better than 20 stating the obvious, fluffy posts. My instincts aren't always good, and I don't always cop what's going on but I've been doing my best to protect the village and identify baddies with the tools I've got (mostly a not-quite-fully-functioning) brain. I've been ISO-ing people, forming theories (strong word), and sticking to my guns in the face of a bandwagon.

While I'm currently voting Holly, this post from yesterday does back up her story; very good groundwork if it's a ruse

You voted that way. Nobody forced you too.

Your posts are starting to sound like you think you’re so much better than some of us.

Yeah as I explained, no fear.

Oh God I'm not trying to do that, apologies if I'm being misinterpreted.

So, Ewan & Holly.

I challenge you to a vote off. The last vote of the evening wins the opportunity to spend either another day in the company of the rest of us. Or, the bragging rights to ailing the final wolf and winning the game for the village.

Do you accept this challenge?

So, Ewan & Holly.

I challenge you to a vote off. The last vote of the evening wins the opportunity to spend either another day in the company of the rest of us. Or, the bragging rights to ailing the final wolf and winning the game for the village.

Surely the remaining villagers should be savvy enough to figure out who the last wolf is instead of leaving it to a lottery?

• Advertisement

So, Ewan & Holly.

In the immortal words of Barnabus Stinson

giphy.gif

Advertisement