Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Werewolf - GAMETHREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

You’re both liars!

I’m King Foltest

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    Surely the remaining villagers should be savvy enough to figure out who the last wolf is instead of leaving it to a lottery?

Well alphabetically gives me Ewan and random.org gave me Holly.

I’m stumped.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Is this an I'm Spartacus move?

Nah I’m just playing :pac:

This is exciting! Can see it from both points claiming a role someone else has as they’re both under suspicion so obviously a last ditch attempt to live a bit longer. But which one is it hmmmm

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

You’re both liars!

I’m King Foltest

i-am-spartacus-gif.gif

• Advertisement

Surely the remaining villagers should be savvy enough to figure out who the last wolf is instead of leaving it to a lottery?

I love that you want to work this out but the result of the game (barring any mod surprises) is a foregone conclusion. We have 2 conflicting claims and 6 other village players. The village wins this game. And sometimes you just can't work things out. You have to brute force it.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    i-am-spartacus-gif.gif

Rude :P

God Boards is infuriating today. Someone give the hamsters their food FFS

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    I would like to point out that although I was not here D0 and not participating as much as I wanted D1, since yesterday, while i might not post something every 5 minutes, I have been trying to post things of substance when I do post. 5 posts with some work behind them are better than 20 stating the obvious, fluffy posts. My instincts aren't always good, and I don't always cop what's going on but I've been doing my best to protect the village and identify baddies with the tools I've got (mostly a not-quite-fully-functioning) brain. I've been ISO-ing people, forming theories (strong word), and sticking to my guns in the face of a bandwagon.

I have the above. Ewan has nothing. Why would you be voting me?

I know it doesn't really matter. I just don't want him to win this game of knifey-spoony

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I love that you want to work this out but the result of the game (barring any mod surprises) is a foregone conclusion. We have 2 conflicting claims and 6 other village players. The village wins this game. And sometimes you just can't work things out. You have to brute force it.
    In terms of wolves/villagers result, it's over of course but imo trying to figure out who's lying/telling the truth is the game. FWIW, here's my take on it:

Reasons for voting Holly:
    - the last 2 nights, she's chosen to shy away from the bandwagons (voting Gabriel both times) although she did start the Lucy bandwagon which ended up protecting Barbara
    - has been lying very low while Ewan was giving out about people not replying to him
    - Ewan's late vote change on night 2 to a fellow wolf doesn't make sense for a wolf

Reasons for voting Ewan:
    - Didn't role claim last night when his head was on the block; if Gertrude had been a few second quicker, he was a goner. Immedi
    - Holly's story about not posting on D0 and "protecting the village" stack up with the King claim - this is the main reason for not voting for her imo

I was definite Holly but now reading back on Ewan's posts and his interactions with Barbara, I'm changing horses.

• Advertisement

Yeah boards is annoying, feel like we would have had a much more active day today otherwise :(

So my thinking on Holly/Ewan

Holly revealed her role after it looked like she’d been shot with an arrow so thought she was going to die

Ewan was very likely up for the chop last night so I don’t buy that he wouldn’t reveal then to save himself

In terms of wolves/villagers result, it's over of course but imo trying to figure out who's lying/telling the truth is the game. FWIW, here's my take on it:

Reasons for voting Holly:
    - the last 2 nights, she's chosen to shy away from the bandwagons (voting Gabriel both times) although she did start the Lucy bandwagon which ended up protecting Barbara
    - has been lying very low while Ewan was giving out about people not replying to him
    - Ewan's late vote change on night 2 to a fellow wolf doesn't make sense for a wolf

Reasons for voting Ewan:
    - Didn't role claim last night when his head was on the block; if Gertrude had been a few second quicker, he was a goner. Immedi
    - Holly's story about not posting on D0 and "protecting the village" stack up with the King claim - this is the main reason for not voting for her imo

I was definite Holly but now reading back on Ewan's posts and his interactions with Barbara, I'm changing horses.

giphy.gif

Yeah boards is annoying, feel like we would have had a much more active day today otherwise :(

So my thinking on Holly/Ewan

Holly revealed her role after it looked like she’d been shot with an arrow so thought she was going to die

Ewan was very likely up for the chop last night so I don’t buy that he wouldn’t reveal then to save himself

On that.

Go and read my little tete a tete with Angus about him thinking I soft claimed.

I figured after my song and dance you'd just lynch me there and then if I claimed tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

You all need to look at lynch thread

Errr… what the heck is that in the lynch thread?

Errr… what the heck is that in the lynch thread?

The prize you were given for killing the other bad team clearly

If I got the King Foltest PM I would be making damn sure that I was clear on as much of the game as was possible. Especially when it was starting.
    Anyone with a role would've been watching the thread to make sure everything was going ok. And it's nonsense to think that there wouldn't be deaths on N0. That's how every game starts. And of course if there's a kill, there will also be a bodyguard protect. I don't buy that reason at all. I still think it's Holly.

Holly WW wrote: »
    The prize you were given for killing the other bad team clearly

Nicely played Doppler.

You put your prize on yourself to make me look evil.

Fair play, but the village will avenge me.

Yeah was just going to say, wolf prize. No way a mod just posts something like that for the crack

Ewans getting my vote

Whilst I do agree that it was suspicious of Ewan to not reveal last night if he thought he was up for the chop, I wouldn't immediately assume that Holly revealing herself first makes her look better than Ewan. If a wolf saw she was up for the chop she would've thrown out any role claim to try save herself. It's the last grasp at victory. She took a chance that she'd be able to out-argue the real Foltest. I would put more weight on Ewan coming out to challenge her after she revealed. There was suspicion on him but he's been arguing all along so I think he could've squeezed another day out of it.

All of this is total confirmation bias on my part though as I believe Ewan over Holly. And I seem to be the only person that does. :confused:

• Advertisement

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    If I got the King Foltest PM I would be making damn sure that I was clear on as much of the game as was possible. Especially when it was starting.
    Anyone with a role would've been watching the thread to make sure everything was going ok. And it's nonsense to think that there wouldn't be deaths on N0. That's how every game starts. And of course if there's a kill, there will also be a bodyguard protect. I don't buy that reason at all. I still think it's Holly.

It wasn't that. I knew game started on the 26th. Genuinely didn't think it was the 26th that day. Thought it was around the 21st. There was no conscious decision about it. I just didn't start until D1 when I realised it was on. D1 I got the PM and found out my role, I missed the first munch by about 2 hours

Yeah was just going to say, wolf prize. No way a mod just posts something like that for the crack

Ewans getting my vote

That's fine, it's a fine play by Holly in fairness, I'm impressed

GiddyHopefulAmurstarfish-max-1mb.gif

On that.

Go and read my little tete a tete with Angus about him thinking I soft claimed.

I figured after my song and dance you'd just lynch me there and then if I claimed tbh.

In the nicest way possible.. That's b**locks

If you had of came out as BG I would have backed off until we figured it out, I still would have had Barbara

I dropped Angus like a hot snot after he came out with his role

You said last night you'd vote Barbara to self pres but you wouldn't come out as an RV to self pres. Why is that?

One slight mistake there Holly in your plan if we can discuss it openly though.

They popped on basically at the same time as you came back online. But it's cool, you got me.

I shall be avenged though

You said last night you'd vote Barbara to self pres but you wouldn't come out as an RV to self pres. Why is that?

I didn't want the BG out in the open with Geralt in play still. I took a risk. It paid off, albeit by the skin of my nose :D

Tried to signal to Angus I'd protected him Night 2 as well, hang on I'll get the post

I had an inkling about this based on kill timings but wasnt going to scream about it obviously.

I'll wait to see if there's a counter claim before holding a parade for you though:/

I had a feeling based on the timing of the Nigel kill that Angus was Geralt. So I protected him.

I didn't want to reveal that with an upcoming munch I couldn't protect him from so I took a chance.

One slight mistake there Holly in your plan if we can discuss it openly though.

They popped on basically at the same time as you came back online. But it's cool, you got me.

I shall be avenged though

This is hilarious :D And a ballsy play.

Fair fecks to ye Ewan!

• Advertisement

I've decided that driving 26km for a takeaway pizza (which I haven't had for months have been desperately craving) is an essential journey. So I'm going to go do that. Talk amongst yourselves!

Advertisement