Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid Hair Cut - Amateur / trimming cutting own hair

• 26-04-2020 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭

Should I stay or should I go ?

So lads you have bought the trimmer and now decision time ....

Leave as is and look like a bear

or

ask someone to cut it who hasn’t got a clue and risk having to stay indoors until
    Barber shops open again?

Does a # 3 all round with no gradient look better than letting it just grow ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,504 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Or worse cut it yourself with your new trimmer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I just done a 2 all round myself, was grand. Sure who’s looking at us right now anyway lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

tony1980 wrote: »
    I just done a 2 all round myself, was grand. Sure who’s looking at us right now anyway lol

I got herself to give me a mohawk 3 weeks ago, always wanted one but finally got to try it out without fear of having to go in to work with it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Check out the trimmer thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I've cut my own hair since I was about 15 when I just rarely got haircuts. Cannot stand someone else doing it because of sensory issues. It's easy enough to do a short haircut with a trimmer. Not as difficult as you'd think to do a less simple style, if you spend a bit of time doing it carefully and are prepared to fall back to a trimmer all over cut in the event of a **** up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭OU812

Worst possible effect of a number 2 all over is you look like eagle eyes action man with flock hair & Kung fu grip (could be useful).

Personally I’m growing mine out right now. I was about three weeks overdue a cut when everything closed and my hair grows really fast. Usually have to get done monthly, now three months in & can no longer style it the way I like it as too long.

Also haven’t shaved in five weeks so going all lumberjack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭worded

Check out the trimmer thread...

Link ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Im pondering giving myself a 3 or 4 all over. My hair is currently longer than its ever been in my entire life and is really starting to annoy me. Even if it looks a state Im going to be working from home for at least another 6 weeks so it will be well grown back before i have to face the public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Bought a trimmer and got herself to cut it.
    Last night was the second cut of the lockdown. Very happy.

I think if herself is happy to keep doing it I’ll not be going back to the barber at all.

I think the barbershops are saying “don’t risk it” and “your safer letting it grow” are really just afraid people will realise just how easy it is to do simple cuts at home and know they will loose business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

_Brian wrote: »
    Bought a trimmer and got herself to cut it.
    Last night was the second cut of the lockdown. Very happy.

I think if herself is happy to keep doing it I’ll not be going back to the barber at all.

I think the barbershops are saying “don’t risk it” and “your safer letting it grow” are really just afraid people will realise just how easy it is to do simple cuts at home and know they will loose business.

Simple cuts are easy. I was a #2 all over guy for years.
    If you want anything more complicated though a trained expert is a safer bet.

Advertisement